101 + Easy Instant Pot recipes that are simple and delicious! Simple dinner, soup, side dish and vegetable recipes we’ve made in our pressure cooker. Whether you’re new or an expert we’ve got something new to try that speeds up cooking, you can even make dessert!
I am all about easy Instant Pot recipes! I love my crockpot but when the Instant Pot came out I was all over it!! Now I am busy creating new and easy pressure cooker recipes for us and you to enjoy in this fantastic kitchen appliance that has 7 appliances in one! Of course many of these recipes you can make in a traditional pressure cooker as well but this device has more functions than that. I will continue to add more and more as I make them so check back often and we hope you enjoy these as much as we have. (originally published 10/17)
If you’re new you’ll also want to see how to avoid the notification of burn on Instant Pot machines…sometimes it isn’t burning at all, and instructions on how to deglaze your Instant Pot are here too!
Here are a few of our favorite fun Instant Pot recipes + a video showing how we made them (links to directions below)!
Lots of other tips will come to you too like like this handy free printable for Printable Instant Pot cooking times and how to cook pressure cooker frozen chicken wings as well as the directions for frozen chicken in the Instant Pot.
Both can come in really handy when you don’t have any fresh meat in the house (or don’t want to go to the store).
If you’re new and need a bit of help getting started here is an explanation of the buttons on your Instant Pot:
I don’t have a lot of “extras” for my multi cooker programmable pressure cooker but I share my favorite Instant Pot accessories here, and below.
This fancy multi cooker has helped me make many of these recipes and make my life easier:
- I wouldn’t be without my Instant Pot Steamer basket
- 7″ springform cake pan – I use this for cakes and some savory recipes
- Angel food cake pan that fits inside a 6 or 8 qt. IP, if that is out of stock this 8″ pan will fit in an 8 qt.
- 6 c. bundt pan that fits into a 6 or 8 qt. IP is perfect for cakes as well as side dishes like my corn casserole
- I just bought these Instant Pot mini mitts that have come in handy to get things out easier
- If you’re looking for an IP decal this one is super cute!
- And to add some “oh that’s so cute!” to your countertop you can find adorable custom Instant Pot covers here
I will start with our most popular Instant Pot recipes!
Of course we have a lot but I have received the most compliments, notes, and “ooooh”s from the recipes below. Don’t stop there though!
- Easy Instant Pot stuffed peppers
- Instant Pot crack chicken casserole
- Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole
- Spicy honey Instant Pot chicken
- Instant Pot angel food cake
- Instant Pot potato corn chowder
- Instant Pot split pea soup
- Pressure cooker sausage rice casserole
** We will continue to add to this post weekly so make sure to PIN THIS PAGE for future reference. 😉
- Instant Pot rice pudding recipe
- Instant Pot spaghetti
- Pressure cooker lasagna casserole
- Easy Instant Pot butter chicken
- Cheesy Instant Pot goulash
- Instant Pot taco casserole
- Instant Pot chicken legs
- Pressure cooker breakfast bundt cake
If you’re looking for healthy Instant Pot recipes we have you covered with our bean soup you see here below + many others, and our pressure cooker minestrone is amazing too!
If you have kids our Instant Pot casseroles are a huge hit amongst everyone, and don’t forget to make dessert too (start with out pressure cooker rice pudding and you’ll be hooked, you can make it dairy free too if you need to)!
Now if you’re in a real hurry (me usually) I made a list of easy 3 ingredient Instant Pot recipes for those hectic days or when you want something really inexpensive for dinner. You wouldn’t think that just a few ingredients could make a delicious and healthy meal but many can and are our favorite go to meals during the week!
I was brand new to using dry beans in the Instant Pot until I made a few of the recipes above as you see. I just used the Instant Pot cooking times for beans and I was amazed at just how easy it was. Now I use dry beans in my pressure cooker if at all possible because homemade that way has never been easier!
If you want to give it a whirl start with the no soak baked beans recipe below, everyone raves about them!!
- Pressure Cooker banana bread
- Instant Pot cheeseburger soup is always a favorite
- This is the most amazing Instant Pot pulled pork recipe you will ever try, or you may be looking for an easy pressure cooker shredded beef for tacos!
- No soak Instant Pot baked beans
- Instant Pot fish and vegetables
- Instant Pot beer bread is an amazing side dish or appetizer with our pressure cooker cheese fondue
- Instant Pot stuffed pepper casserole
- Instant Pot honey mustard chicken
- Pressure cooker coconut chicken – this is an easy dairy free Instant Pot recipe
- Easy Instant Pot corned beef and cabbage
- Instant Pot white rice – basic recipe for cooked rice but is much easier than the stovetop method, something we use several times a week!
- Pressure cooker tuna noodle casserole
I have yet to use this as a yogurt maker but that is my next quest, I’ve heard it is easy and comes out really delicious. I am always adding new breakfast and dinner recipes each week so keep this post handy when you need a few new ideas!
- Pressure cooker cornbread goes perfectly with my Instant Pot chili
- If you want a homemade version this pressure cooker chili with dry beans recipe is the bomb
- Black eyed peas and ham in the pressure cooker and crockpot instructions
- Frito chili pie recipe made in the Instant Pot in just 3 minutes
- Pressure cooker frozen meatballs are great little appetizers
- Instant Pot cube steak
- Instant Pot stuffed cabbage
- Pressure cooker applesauce
- How to make Instant Pot hard boiled eggs in bulk
- Instant Pot fettuccine alfredo
- Pressure cooker sausage and peppers is seriously the easiest dinner ever and under $10
- Pressure cooker bean soup is just one in my list of easy and cheap Instant Pot recipes
- Instant Pot sloppy joe casserole
Above are the links to the recipes you saw in the video shown. Of course there are many more easy Instant Pot recipes we love and have created over the course of the past year or more but they are great to try if you’re in search of a good pressure cooker dinner the whole family will love, or ready to try to make dessert in your Instant Pot!
My Instant Pot spaghetti recipe was the first one I created and is usually what people start with since it is a classic dish and so easy to do.
The next popular is our potato corn chowder, followed by our most popular dessert….our Instant Pot angel food cake. Reminds me of my Grandma every time I make it. 😉
There are so many great pressure cooker recipes around and I hope we are able to add to your list of favorites. One of our newest favorite desserts is this Instant Pot apple crisp recipe! If you love Cracker Barrel’s baked apples this reminds me a lot of those…we just can’t get enough of those apples! We have a few great side dishes and dinners below too, let us know which is your favorite.
- Instant Pot hot dogs
- Pressure cooker chocolate lava cake
- Instant Pot cocktail wiener recipe
- Instant Pot pumpkin apple cake
- Instant Pot pork stroganoff recipe
- Instant Pot spinach
- Instant Pot stuffed cabbage casserole
- Pressure cooker chicken quinoa casserole
- How to make the perfect quinoa in your Instant Pot
- Pressure cooker fried rice
- Instant Pot lemon poppy seed cake
- Caramel apple pecan Instant Pot coffee cake
- Homemade Instant Pot spaghetti sauce
- Easy Instant Pot artichokes
- Instant Pot pinto bean soup
- Pressure cooker ham and beans
- Instant Pot turkey meatloaf
- Pressure cooker beef and broccoli
- Instant Pot cake
- Instant Pot grits
- Instant Pot Dr Pepper barbecue meatballs
- Instant Pot potato salad
- Instant Pot teriyaki ribs recipe
- Instant Pot Mexican pizza
- 2 ingredient Instant Pot salsa chicken
- How to cook a whole chicken in the Instant Pot
Do you see these ribs below…they are amazing!! The tenderest ribs I have had in just 25 minutes, I just couldn’t believe it. I am a bit obsessed with ribs so I have high standards and decided to try it on pressure cooker mode once using my favorite homemade teriyaki sauce and just used a smaller rack because I figured if it didn’t turn out I wouldn’t be out a lot and I was amazed at how tender they came out, and full of flavor.
You can either eat right away…we did…or put them under the broiler for just a few minutes to get just a tad of crispiness to the outside, I’ve done that too and it’s fab.
Stuffed peppers has always been a favorite meal of ours too and made in the Instant Pot they were a lot easier I think using one of my favorite vegetable steamer baskets and were of course quicker than in the oven.
Then I moved on to baking in my Instant Pot with this apple pumpkin cake which was amazing (all recipe links mentioned are above).
Here are a few other Instant Pot desserts below, or have the monkey bread you see for breakfast. It is ooey and gooey and oh so wonderful…it seriously didn’t last long at all when I made it in my house with my husband and three kids.
My Instant Pot rice pudding is probably the most popular sweet pressure cooker recipes on The Typical Mom, and when you make it you will see why everyone just raves about it. You can also make it dairy free if you need to and use almond milk. If I have to say one of my favorites it is probably the spicy teriyaki chicken thighs recipe below. It is simple, healthy, and really cheap because they usually are almost giving thighs away at the store in the meat department.
- Pressure cooker brownies
- Easy Instant Pot clam chowder
- Instant Pot caramel apple monkey bread
- Instant Pot dump cake
- Pressure cooker pork chop recipes
- Instant Pot pizza
- Instant Pot beef stroganoff
- Instant Pot chicken and dumplings recipe
- Instant Pot chili mac recipe
- Instant Pot chicken cacciatore
- Easy Instant Pot minestrone soup
- Instant Pot spicy teriyaki chicken thighs
- Instant Pot cauliflower mash
- Instant Pot brats
- Instant Pot chocolate cake with raspberry sauce
- Instant Pot breakfast casserole
- Easy Homemade Instant Pot Swedish meatballs
Many of your favorite crockpot recipes can now be made in the Instant Pot, just much faster! We make our 5 ingredient crockpot chili recipe almost weekly and normally it takes 6-8 hours but we made it in here and it was done in 45 minutes or less! On that one I still prefer a slower cooking to seep in the flavors so I set it on the slow cooker setting but that is done in just 4 which is quicker AND I can skip precooking the beef in it by using the saute function. I love it!
My Instant Pot butter chicken has been a hit too. I firsts tasted this popular Indian dish when I was in Utah and it was amazing. I tinkered with it and came up with a version that reminded me of that dinner. Of course you can incorporate your own spices if you have your own recipe for that but it’s been really popular as is.
This year since my crockpot breakfast casserole recipe was so popular I decided to make it in my pressure cooker and it came out really yummy! From brunch to dinner, to dessert the Instant Pot has been a great addition to our family meals. If you have a favorite crockpot meal you can read here on slow cooker vs Instant Pot how you can convert the times so you can make them faster in your pressure cooker.
There are healthy Instant Pot meals, breakfast ideas, and desserts listed below that we have created and love! We have even made snacks in this pressure cooker like popcorn too that is below. If you are looking for chicken, beef, or pork we have it all here and each one is delicious and easy to make. I do not do difficult my friends. 😉
If you ever do forget about a dish and leave it in for too long, or are experimenting and it doesn’t turn out as planned, look at my tips on how to clean your Instant Pot on the inside and out. (can come in handy)
- Instant Pot chicken noodle soup
- Instant Pot Italian wedding soup
- Instant Pot tapioca pudding recipe
- Instant Pot red beans and rice
- Instant Pot green bean casserole
- Instant Pot sweet chicken
- Instant Pot teriyaki chicken
- Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Spicy electric pressure cooker chicken sliders
- Instant Pot orange chicken recipe
- Pressure Cooker chicken and rice
- Instant Pot macaroni and cheese
- Instant Pot shredded barbecue chicken
- Instant Pot lasagna soup
- Instant Pot popcorn
- Instant Pot oatmeal
- Instant Pot whole chicken recipe
- Instant Pot ribs
If you’re new to the pressure cooking and Instant Pot world I would try one of my REALLY easy Instant Pot recipes like the spaghetti or my whole chicken recipe above because they are so easy. All you really need are a few red potatoes, a whole chicken, and the regular seasonings you would put on a chicken when you cook it. It really is a great beginner recipe.
Macaroni and cheese is a family favorite and this easy homemade recipe takes less than 5 minutes to cook and is WAY better than out of the box…and you know exactly what is in it! Add a few sprinkles of bacon on top and oh my goodness is it tasty for kids and me. 😉
In the winter months I’ve been busy creating tons of Instant Pot soups, you can find the links in this list and they are all great but my Instant Pot split pea soup is probably my most popular and super healthy too! A really inexpensive meal with just veggies and broth (or water) and presto, it’s done!
If you’re about my age you remember good ol’ goulash, my Instant Pot cheeseburger macaroni and chili mac reminds me of that classic dish. They’re warm goodness all in one pot and all 5 of us love them for a quick dinner idea that is hearty and easy to dump and go.
If you’re having people over for Super Bowl my pulled pork recipe is great just with cole slaw and rolls! My 3 ingredient shredded chicken with pineapple chunks you see above is good for that too. We make soft tacos using this recipe with cheese and avocado on top!
- Instant Pot cheeseburger macaroni
- Instant Pot sweet potatoes
- Instant Pot nacho soup
- Instant Pot corn casserole recipe
- Instant Pot potato cheese soup
- Instant Pot pulled pork
- Instant Pot chocolate rice pudding
- Instant Pot pizza pasta
- Instant Pot pineapple upside down cake
- Pressure cooker mashed potatoes
- Instant Pot spaghetti squash
- Instant Pot bone broth
- Instant Pot yogurt
- Instant Pot teriyaki chicken
- Instant Pot baked potatoes
- Instant Pot broccoli and cheddar soup
- Instant Pot oreo cheesecake
Once you tried a few of my easy Instant Pot recipes and really get the hang of cooking in this fancy pressure cooker you might want to try an Instant Pot recipe that is a bit trickier like the cheesecake above. It isn’t one I would start with though as if it may discourage you because it’s more complex than others. The first dessert I made was my rice pudding, and then I made pressure cooker brownies (both links are above). It’s a great way to cook during the summertime without heating your whole house up!
Here are a few more easy Instant Pot recipes from other bloggers I’ve enjoyed. If you have created other easy Instant Pot recipes you love let me know…I’d love to try it and share it here for others to enjoy too!
- Instant Pot carnitas
- Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
- Instant Pot mushroom and pea risotto
- Instant Pot parmesan rice
- Instant Pot apple butter using slow cooker setting
Here are some Instant Pot roundups that are helpful if you’re looking for a specific type of recipe, and this craft on how to dye Easter eggs in your Instant Pot is fun too.
- Easy Instant Pot chicken recipes
- Instant Pot pasta recipes
- Instant Pot dessert recipes
- Instant Pot ground beef recipes
Sign up for my newsletter to receive more Instant Pot recipes every week! I am always creating new dishes, from Instant Pot soups, to hearty meals, to breakfasts, and even desserts so each time I publish a new recipe it will be emailed to you as well as posted on my Easy Instant Pot Recipes Facebook page and The Typical Mom page as well. Make sure you like those pages and sign up here so you don’t miss a thing. They are all free to do so why not right??
That ought to start you out well with a bunch of easy Instant Pot recipes for now…and keep you busy for at least a month or two! Like I said I will continue to add to this list each and every time I make new recipes for the Instant Pot, and if you are enticed now you can buy the one I have below!
I really recommend it because it has allowed us to eat as a family more often because meals only take me less than 30 minutes from prep to serving it on the dinner table which is a huge win for us.
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉