101 + weeknight easy Instant Pot recipes for beginners that are simple and delicious! Easy dinner, soup, side dish and vegetable recipes in our pressure cooker. Whether you’re new to easy Instapot recipes or an expert we’ve got something new to try. All work as Crockpot Express or Ninja Foodi recipes too.
I am all about easy Instant Pot recipes! For the past 3 years I’ve been busy creating simple pressure cooker recipes for us and want to share them with you. Get ready to enjoy in this fantastic 7 in 1 appliance! (originally published 10/17, affiliate links present)
Quick Instant Pot Recipes
If you need easy Ninja Foodi recipes, you can use that pot instead. Yes I have all of them at home and love them all for different reasons. Now I can cook all the things, two at the same time if I want to.
Best InstaPot Recipes
We add new creations each and every week so stay tuned, and bookmark this page. Then you can click on that often and see what has been added. You should also sign up for my newsletter below to get new pressure cooker recipes emailed to you.
Are Instant Pot and Crockpot Express recipes the same?
Most all pressure cookers are the same with the same 7 functions. Some may be labeled different like saute vs. brown but all have the high pressure cooking function which is what you use most often. SO don’t worry which model you have because even Crockpot Express recipes work basically the same and you can make all of these in it.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
- This is a great InstaPot cookbook to grab too.
- For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
Instant Pot Recipes Healthy
Don’t you love my Star Wars Instant Pot??!! I bought it a while back for myself because I really wanted a white Instant Pot but could only find this as the closest to that. It matches my farmhouse kitchen style and nobody even knows it is a trooper on the side. lol
How can you make this page an Instant Pot APP? If you are on your smartphone you are already set
On an iPhone (that is what I have) look at the bottom of your screen and touch the square button with the arrow up in the middle of it Then a bunch of choices will pop up. Scroll to the right of the copy button it will say Add to Home Screen, push that.
- Click add on the top right and you’re done!! (you can change the name of it too if you want)
Then look on your home screen(s) and your new free Instant Pot APP will be there so you can just click on it whenever you need a pressure cooker recipe!!
Most Popular Instant Pot Recipes
This fancy multi cooker has helped me make many of these Instapot recipes below. I will share lots of tips with you but always keep in mind that everything must be simple, and ingredients can be found at any grocery store. I even share how to cook frozen chicken and other proteins because they’ve been helpful to me.
Here are my Instant Pot accessories must haves!
- My new Pioneer Woman Instant Pot – SO Cute!
- You can now buy an air fryer Instant Pot lid too!
- I wouldn’t be without my Instant Pot Steamer basket
There have been times when I have improvised though. Let’s say you want to make Mexican pot roast but it needs to stay off the bottom. Can’t find your trivet? You could use a few potatoes or a ramekin underneath instead. Make a lift out of a wad of foil. You do what you have to do sometimes.
Instant Pot Accessories
There are a ton of fun items you can get to make cakes pretty and steam veggies easier. There are other must haves like when you’re wondering how long does Instant Pot take to preheat because it’s taking entirely too long. That could be because you need a new sealing ring which will fix your issue.
Angel food cake pan that fits inside a 6 or 8 qt. IP, if that is out of stock this 8″ pan will fit in an 8 qt.
- 6 c. bundt pan that fits into a 6 or 8 qt. IP is perfect for cakes
- I just bought these Instant Pot mini mitts that have come in handy to get things out easier
- If you’re looking for an IP decal these are super cute!
You can find adorable custom Instant Pot covers here. They’re a great way to jazz up your countertop.
Is an Instant Pot the same thing as a pressure cooker?
Yes! That is just one of the many functions. But NOW you can get an Instant Pot air fryer lid too!!That way you can cook fresh, defrosted, and you can cook frozen meat in it as well to perfection. You will not believe this, it’s a game changer if you are forgetful like I am.
Can you use Instant Pot Recipes in a pressure cooker
Yes as long as you have an electric pressure cooker it doesn’t matter what the brand says on the front. Stovetop cookers will not work the same way though. As long as you have the high pressure button on your machine they will all work the same.
Now you can crisp your food right in the pot after you’re done pressure cooking. I know, I’ve been waiting so long for this too!
This will fit on your 6 or 8 qt and then you can make air fryer recipes in it too! Just use our printable Instant Pot cooking times sheet, crisp outsides and enjoy things like pressure cooker cornish hens with golden brown outsides.
Instant Pot Dishes
If you’re new here’s a How to use an Instant Pot for beginners post + a video explaining the buttons is below. I was freaked out as well when I first started cooking in this new machine under pressure. Don’t worry because we have step by step directions for all of our easy recipes.
You just click on the blue link you’re interested in and the whole post will pop up. Then scroll down and follow the instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of that page. To ensure you get those first sign up for my newsletter and they’ll be emailed to you.
- You can also LIKE Easy Instant Pot Recipes Facebook page where I share my new ideas.
If you’re new you’ll also want to see how to avoid the notification of burn on Instant Pot machines. Sometimes it isn’t burning at all. Here are instructions on how to deglaze your Instant Pot to help!
Instant Pot Easy Recipes
I am a busy mom who needs quick and simple dishes to serve. Never do I use seasonings or spices that are hard to find and can’t be bought at a local grocery store. If you are the same way then this list of one pot meals will work well for your family as well.
- Lots of other tips are here too like this handy free printable with Instant Pot cooking times.
- We have Instapot vegetable cook times here as well
These will help you know how to cook beans in a pressure cooker perfectly. Then you can make things like homemade baked beans and tons of different soups. I mean canned works great if you want to throw 1 into a quick recipe like our fajita soup, but you can cook from dry so easily now too.
- It helps figure out how to cook pressure cooker frozen chicken wings as well as the directions for frozen chicken in the Instant Pot. You can serve both with Jasmine rice in Instant Pot for a complete low fat meal.
You can cook all sorts of grains in it though. Read our how to cook rice in Instant Pot for all of the timing and ratios.
Both can come in really handy when you don’t have any fresh meat in the house (or don’t want to go to the store). You can use these directions in this pot, the Ninja Foodi or as a Crockpot Express recipe too.
How to Convert Crock Pot Recipe to Instant Pot
Yes there is a slow cook button on your machine, it doesn’t work well though. That is one thing I will say about it that may be controversial but just use your old fashioned crock if you want to cook slow and low. It works much better, this is for fast.
There isn’t an exact conversion of slow cooker to pressure cooker timings, there just isn’t. Honestly the best bet is to look up what you want to make. Surely on Google there is a recipe specific to that machine. I likely have one on my site so use the search box here first and see.
Here is a video explanation of the buttons on your Instant Pot! Now this is the first original version. The newer ones have a few more and the manual button isn’t there. You just push pressure instead of manual and then pressure.
What is the best thing to cook in an Instant Pot?
Well I cook all the things including pork, beef and a lot of chicken and/or pasta. I have combined them to make Instant Pot casseroles too like our Instant Pot Shepherds pie and more. Fast meal prepping ideas overall and never takes longer than 30 min.
Of course a roast is the only exception to that rule but everything cooks in a fraction of the time vs. the oven. You can even cook frozen meat to tender in no time. You will be surprised the first time you try this because you wouldn’t know once done that it started off rock hard.
Quick and easy Instant Pot recipes
- Top 10 Instant Pot recipes are here
- Easy Instant Pot stuffed peppers
- This pressure cooker stroganoff casserole is the perfect comfort food
- Change up traditional crack chicken with this Instant Pot crack chicken casserole
Then go a step further and make Instant Pot hamburgers. Something you’d normally cook on the barbecue, now you can make them year round. Juicy and perfect every time.
Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
For an out of the box idea I will say you have got to try our Instant Pot Asian chicken we call it. It’s a bit like General Tsos if I had to compare it to something but a lot cheaper to make yourself.
- Kid favorite = Instant Pot chicken parmesan casserole
- Spicy honey Instant Pot chicken is great but if yours is still frozen, no worries. Try our Instant Pot frozen chicken breast with sauce recipe.
- Pressure Cooker chicken and rice is great, or amp it up with our Instant Pot Mexican chicken and rice or our Instant Pot teriyaki chicken and rice recipes!
We have a creamy Instant Pot chicken and rice casserole version and a Instant Pot cheesy chicken and rice style as well. Both of these are part of our leftover chicken recipes Instant Pot roundup we have made up for you.
If you are brand new you should start with Instant Pot penne pasta. It is super easy and hard to mess up. You can even make things to drink that you would normally boil on the stovetop. This is how to make Instant Pot sweet tea super quick and tastes amazing. Here are a few we make quite regularly:
- Most popular pressure cooker dessert is our Instant Pot angel food cake
- Instant Pot potato corn chowder is one of our first home run favorite soups
- Creamy Instant Pot chicken stew or this old fashioned cabbage soup are great
- You can cook a pork shank in Instant Pot too where the meat just falls off it’s so tender.
If you haven’t made boxed rice or pasta in your pot you are in for a real treat. Mac and cheese is great and recently we perfected Instant Pot Rice a Roni too!
Best Instapot recipes
Using dry peas you can make this Instant Pot split pea soup in under 20 min., seriously. I mean who doesn’t love a warm bowl of yum for dinnertime. We do! Our Instant Pot potato leek soup is another favorite for us.
- Try this complete creamy meal with our Pressure cooker sausage rice casserole
- Instant Pot sesame chicken and Instant Pot sweet and sour chicken has been really popular. Instant Pot chicken overall comes out tender and delicious in no time!
- InstaPot arborio rice goes with all the things just like Instant Pot red potatoes as a side dish.
- If you want more protein to serve with your meat, this is how to cook mung beans under high pressure.
If you are forgetful like me, it happens, we have tips on how to save dinner! You can totally cook from frozen you know??!! That is right, you can thaw and cook Instant Pot Frozen ground turkey, then go on to saute and add into all sorts of dishes like spaghetti and more.
Recipes for Instant Pot
Recently this brand released a new lid for air frying and a machine that just does that function. It is great. You can start with our Instant Pot air fryer chicken wings at first and move on from there. I have received the most compliments from these. Keep reading for more though!
Instant Pot rice pudding recipe and coconut rice pudding were our first desserts and gets rave reviews.
What is the best thing to cook in an Instant Pot?
The first thing I made, and most popular to this day is our easy Instant Pot spaghetti recipe. If you want a one pot meal, our Instant Pot lemon chicken casserole is great.
Have picky kids? Try this easy Pressure cooker lasagna casserole. It will definitely replace traditional lasagna in your house.
Yes!! We have a huge list of how to cook frozen meat in Instant Pot here to help. Try to cook Instant Pot frozen salmon and you’ll be amazed just how flaky and tender it comes out.
Game changer I tell you. You can even make Instant Pot frozen pork shoulder that’s fork tender.
Instant Pot Pork Recipes
- Make Instant Pot greens to perfection too. Then try our Instant Pot sausage and rice casserole!
- If you love copycat Panda Express recipes we have an Instant Pot black pepper chicken that goes great over rice.
- For a kid friendly meal, try frozen chicken legs Instant Pot style! Throw in frozen broccoli Instant Pot as a healthy side and enjoy.
If you have never cooked meat and a starch like noodles or rice together it is possible for sure! Bare in mind that it is tricky but once you get the hang of the liquid to starch ratio it will be a game changer.
Instant Pot Vegetarian Recipes
You can see here that those combinations do come out successfully in the correct amounts. The issue is that if you don’t, you’ll receive the dreaded burn notification which nobody wants. Using a steamer basket to make things like baby potatoes will prevent that too. An easy dish to serve as a side or smash and add beans to the top.
Did you know you could cook a whole cabbage in your IP too? Takes less than 10 minutes to get tender and drizzled with butter, salt and pepper it’s a cheap wonderful side dish. Throw some into your Instant Pot vegetable ramen for a hearty meal packed with veggies.
Are Instant Pots good for Weight Loss
I mean it’s a cooking device so not really the machine helps. You can cook healthier meals a lot faster so homemade recipes can be made much easier than canned, like soups for sure. You can use canned veggies and beans for instance to make Instant Pot vegetarian soup. Add leftover meat into for a heartier meal.
- If you love Indian food you’ve gotta try our Easy Instant Pot butter chicken with some Instant Pot brown rice
- You can make a high protein low carb meal like our Instant Pot sirloin tip roast
- Love good ol’ Southern style food, try Instant Pot beef noodle soup.
- Need instructions for frozen chuck roast Instant Pot or frozen pork butt Instant Pot style? We have that too!
Forgetful at times and forget to defrost dinner? Me too! You can make Instant Pot frozen short ribs in no time and nobody will know. Then follow our advice on boiling potatoes in Instant Pot as a side dish.
Beef Recipes Instant Pot
Our Instant Pot 15 bean soup is great with any leftover meat really. You can dice up steak or roast that is left over from the last night or use ham after Easter too. Same goes for Instant Pot birria tacos, I make this when I find roasts on sale.
You can use easy peasy recipes like our Instant Pot Meatball Stroganoff here with the meat poured right out of the bag with no defrosting necessary.
If you want to know how to make the best beef arm roast recipe in your pressure cooker, we have it here! I’d recommend that you buy two pots so that you can make a side dish in one and your main in the other. That is what I do when making Instant Pot sweet mashed potatoes, especially during the holidays.
- Cheesy Instant Pot goulash is a kid favorite for sure, my kids even love Instant Pot Country pork ribs.
- Sweet Instant Pot peach cobbler is great with Instant Pot brisket for dinner.
- Chicken Instant Pot pad thai is easier than you might think. And this is how to cook bulgur wheat to serve with it.
- We love Instant Pot chicken noodle casserole! With all your favorite flavors melded together, you’ll love this one. The crack chicken soup is similar too.
Instant Pot Dump Recipes
Use a jar of pepperoncini peppers (they aren’t hot) to make Mississippi chicken Instant Pot style. Great for chicken sliders. If you only have frozen meat you can still make meals quickly if you follow my directions closely. Our frozen Instant Pot chicken and noodles is a great example.
- You can make this from our chicken broth Instant Pot recipe here
- Instant Pot beef stew casserole uses defrosted but you can also cook frozen stew meat Instant Pot style to perfection. With Instant Pot vegetables or rice they are incredible.
- Our pressure cooker cheesy chili mac is one of our favorite weeknight dinner idea
- If you love tons of flavor, give our Instant Pot bang bang shrimp a whirl with pasta in one pot!
When I am seriously low on energy I can cook frozen chicken or thawed to make our Instant Pot chicken tacos here. If you want to make the whole bird with tons of flavor just sit on a trivet with some liquid and seasonings or add herbs to the cavity to make Instant Pot stuffed whole chicken.
Instant Pot Chili Recipes
I have included a printable recipe card below with how to make cheesy chili mac in your pressure cooker. I chose that one because it is cheap and my college student daughter raves about it. Still today. You don’t have to use ground beef in it either. You could follow our Instant Pot cow tongue steps, dice and add that instead!
There’s another chile with an e term that I do a lot. A little can of diced mild will add a ton of flavor to meals like pork adobo Instant Pot recipes, or the recipe in the card below.
- Have you tried this Instant Pot popcorn?
- My kids love Instant Pot hamburger and rice for dinnerThis Instant Pot apple crisp literally takes ONE minute to cook
- Try this Pressure cooker beer can chicken which is really quick and easy, or Instant Pot buffalo chicken sliders.
Beginner InstaPot Recipes
There are some like our Instant Pot oxtail soup that do take some time. To get the meat tender you’d need to set aside 45 minutes, then add the rest of the ingredients. Compare that though to multiple hours on the stovetop and it’s still a huge win.
- You can cook any sort of organ meat under high pressure cooker too, and it comes out great.
- With beef, chicken liver, pork or even deer liver comes out great.
- This is how long to cook collard greens using just the saute function.
- Once you’re done with that you can pour out, keep warm and use the same function to make our chopped steak recipe until meat comes to temp in center.
Simple is great too, especially when it comes to side dishes like our Instant Pot couscous. Cheap and fluffy every time you make it this way. Give this Instant pot pasta recipe a whirl below and let us know what you think!
You can combine meat and taters together too. Look at how we use the PIP or pot in pot method on this Instant Pot ground beef and potatoes recipe here.
Easy InstaPot Recipes
- Set Instant Pot to saute and add your olive oil. When it is hot add your diced onion and ground beef or sausage.
- Cook until meat is no longer pink on the outside (but not fully cooked, it will cook more in the next step). Turn pot off at this time.
- Sprinkle in chili seasoning and stir in with meat until it is nice and coated. Then add your tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, kidney beans (not drained), and beef broth. Stir.
- Sprinkle in your uncooked noodles on to the top and gently submerge into the liquid. DO NOT stir in.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 5 minutes followed by a quick release.
- Lift lid, stir contents and then add 1 cup of your cheese. Stir again so cheese can melt.
- Now you can either stir in the other cup into the mixture, or sprinkle it on top and put your lid back on ajar just long enough for it to melt on top.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top of each bowl!
Is cooking in an Instant Pot healthy?
It depends on what you have in there but many of our Instant Pot dinner recipes are good for you, low carb and/or keto. We have tons of sides you can serve with too like our Instant Pot sweet potatoes cubed or leave whole for pressure cooker sweet potatoes.
You can cook all sorts of different fish too. Whether they are frozen or fresh it doesn’t matter, cooks up flaky tender and perfect every time y’all! Give our Instant Pot crab legs a whirl first and see.
- We love these Instant Pot taco bowls served over rice. Or if you want a vegetarian version of this, try Instant Pot black beans and rice.
- For breakfast you can make Instant Pot poached eggs. On avocado toast is a great way to serve it and they’re packed with protein for everyone.
- You can cook otherwise difficult dishes that need pressure to get tender like Instant Pot black rice.
Breakfast in Pressure Cooker
Use fresh apples to make Pressure cooker applesauce which my girls just absolutely love as a sweet choice. A savory selection would be Instant Pot pork belly that is left whole and crisped in air fryer or broiled.
- For a healthy side dish, this is how to cook frozen peas and carrots to tender without defrosting ahead of time.
For really tough cuts like Instant Pot oxtail, high pressure is the way to go in order to release that protein off the bone. If you have two pots you can throw in some pressure cooker pasta and serve these together as a complete meal.
Instant Pot cranberry applesauce is a nice Fall twist on the traditional too.
- In October and November, Pressure cooker pumpkin is a must
- Then you can use another variety of squash to make a smooth Kabocha Squash Soup as well
- Then make our Instant Pot pumpkin butter
- How to make Instant Pot hard boiled eggs in bulk is easier than you think
I make these in bulk and then make egg salad sandwiches with them. The rest I shell and put into storage bags so the kids can grab one when they’re hungry in between meals.
Best Pressure Cooker Recipes
Have you tried these Instant Pot grits ? If you’re from the South they’re probably a must on your plate and there are so many ways to top them.
- Pressure cooker beets are as simple as ever. Served with frozen chicken tenders Instant Pot lathered in bbq sauce makes a great meal.
- OH MY let me tell you about this Instant Pot caramel apple monkey bread
- Our friend made some Instant Pot yogurt
Instant Pot bread pudding can be a breakfast or dessert for sure. With raisins inside and made in a pretty bundt pan, this is a perfect brunch item.
Weeknight Instant Pot Recipes
Steaming is easy if you have a trivet. That is how we make Instant Pot buffalo wings. You can crisp when done or just enjoy tossed in sauce as is.
- Or if it is snowing outside I am all about comfort food.
- For me that means all things soup, like our Instant Pot chicken vegetable soup. A one pot meal where everything cooks together which means throw it all in and enjoy in a few minutes.
- If you make Instant Pot pork picnic roast with teriyaki sauce it is the most tender pulled meat ever.
Beef Instant Pot Recipes
For something simple I like making Instant Pot bbq beef. Why? Because I only really need 3 ingredients, 4 if I have an onion on hand. Use a chuck roast which is super cheap at the store and try it some night with your family. It’s a great Super Bowl party appetizer too.
Forgetful? Me too. You can now cook a frozen steak in Instant Pot and nobody will know it started out rock hard.
Once you’ve tried a few of these we will go on to share some Instant Pot side dishes too, like our Instant Pot enchilada rice.
- Great if you have a get together or a chicken in the oven and need something to serve with it.
- Or make porcupine meatballs Instant Pot style.
- As far as a large hunk of beef goes, this Instant Pot rump roast comes out super tender with a thick gravy.
I was brand new to using cooking beans in the InstaPot until I made a few of the recipes above as you see.
Unique Instant Pot Recipes
I just used the Instant Pot cooking times for beans and I was amazed at just how easy it was. Now I use dry beans in my pressure cooker if at all possible because homemade that way has never been easier!
- If you have kids our Instant Pot casseroles are a huge hit amongst everyone, like our Instant Pot cheesesteak pasta.
- Want some real protein? Try Instant Pot tri tip.
- And don’t forget to make a few of our Instant Pot soup recipes too when the weather cools down! We love Instant Pot beer cheese soup.
- For an alfredo meal try this Instant Pot Olive Garden Chicken pasta dish.
Now let’s talk soup, that is a must when it is snowy cold outside. After the holidays use up your leftover ham in our Instant Pot lentil soup recipe here. We have also made Instant Pot lentil curry with an Indian flare too.
Did you know you could make Instant Pot chicken noodle soup with frozen chicken?? We have much more than just chicken broth, like Instant Pot gnocchi soup , Instant Pot chicken rice soup and more.
Pressure Cooker Holiday Recipes
Instant Pot sausage recipes are always a hit! Whether you have ground spicy sausage, regular, or links these are super yummy and of course easy.
- If it’s holiday time check out our Christmas and Instant Pot Thanksgiving recipes. If you just got it and need easy meals, try a few 5 ingredient Instant Pot recipes first.
- For an appetizer afternoon, try buffalo chicken dip Instant Pot style.
Instant Pot French dip sandwiches are always a winner for dinner too.
Cheapest Instant Pot Recipes
Easy is my middle name and when there are tons of people around I need simple all the way. These options and dishes help. Now if you’re in a real hurry (me usually) I made a list of easy 3 ingredient Instant Pot recipes for those hectic days.
- Like you can make chicken leg quarters Instant Pot style frozen or fresh.
- Then if you have the air fryer lid you can crisp the skin right in the pot, or transfer to the oven and broil.
Are InstaPots Worth the Hype
I mean after reading this huge list of easy dishes I hope you see that it is so worth it. If you’re new just start off simple with 1 item like a vegetable steamed to tender. Then move from there. You wouldn’t think that just a few ingredients could make a delicious and healthy meal. We’re here to show you how many can.
- Mississippi roast Instant Pot recipe here is great in small tortillas for Taco Tuesdays.
- And using canned beans you can make this hearty Instant Pot black bean soup some night.
I have been known to be forgetful, that is when our Instant Pot frozen corned beef recipe comes in handy. We cook frozen meat in Instant Pot quite often and share them all here.
Instant Pot side dishes
We will start with our fave, Instant Pot garlic mashed potatoes. You can really amp this one up with all the flavors.
- No soak Instant Pot baked beans get rave reviews. Great side dish to a pot roast.
- Pressure cooker pinto beans are great too
- Instant Pot brussel sprouts with and pressure cooker cauliflower bacon are incredible
- Cheesy Instant Pot cauliflower is seriously amazing, I’ve eaten it as a main low carb dinner too
- As a side dish or stuffed for a main dish you’ll love these Pressure cooker baked potatoes
- A must for holidays = Instant Pot corn casserole recipe
- An oh my goodness pressure cooker side dish is Instant Pot cheesy bacon ranch potatoes
Don’t stop there though because you can make lots of side dishes, including bread in your pressure cooker too! Pressure cooker asparagus and spinach soup is light and great for weight loss.
- Instant Pot beer bread is an amazing side dish or appetizer with our pressure cooker cheese fondue
- Basic Instant Pot white rice – recipe for cooked rice but is much easier than the stovetop method. Something we eat several times a week!
If you love rice, throw it in uncooked for our Instant Pot stuffed pepper soup. It comes out amazingly well.
- Then make Instant Pot cream of chicken rice
- Frozen chicken thighs Instant Pot works well
- Hot Instant Pot apple cider
What is the first thing I should make in an InstaPot
We have made homemade Instant Pot sloppy joes before too and the kids love them. A really easy one to start with for sure. It is a cheap one with ground beef which you likely already have at home.
Another one that is a favorite in our household is our Instant Pot creamy chicken with breasts or thighs served over rice or egg noodles.
- Pressure cooker cornbread is great as well as this pressure cooker creamed corn
- This Instant Pot stuffing is a perfect side dish for Thanksgiving
- Veggies on the way with Instant Pot spinach
- Instant Pot broccoli is another great green side dish
- As well as our pressure cooker black beans
- Our Instant Pot enchilada casserole is amazing.
- How to cook frozen corn on the cob, fresh, or kernels with Instant Pot corn
Vegetables are a snap to make and I highly recommend that you cook them this way to see how great they turn out. You can in fact cook meat and veggies all at the same time though with our Instant Pot English cut short ribs recipe.
Easy InstaPot recipes
- Try some feel good soup if you’re under the weather. 🙁
- Then try our Instant Pot hamburger casserole
- Our Instant Pot Korean beef is always a winner for dinner too
- And Instant Pot steak and potatoes
- Easy Instant Pot artichokes
- Pressure cooker fried cabbage with bacon of course
If you want more plain you can just use butter, salt and pepper to make a batch of buttered pressure cooker cabbage. Low carb side that goes with all the things.
Where do I start with Instant Pot
Potatoes and other vegetables are great in the beginning. You usually want to cook just one thing at a time at first. Timing differs so it is important to get the hang of how long each thing takes before combining a few of them at the same time.
- A sweet treat, side dish, with Instant Pot sweet potato casserole
- Taco Tuesday needs Pressure cooker refried beans
- How to cook spaghetti squash fast in your Instant Pot, then make spaghetti squash pasta
- Easy Instant Pot potatoes with Italian herb seasoning
Now if you want a great one pot meal you can actually cook your protein and starches together. We did this with our Instant Pot chicken and potatoes recipe and it works great.
InstaPot One Pot Meals
That is the beauty of this multi cooker. You can brown what you need at the beginning just as though you were to do so in a pan on the stovetop. Then you can go from there to cook everything under high pressure so it breaks down large pieces of meat to make it shredded, or steam veggies.
Pork is something that works really well cooked under high pressure. The longer you cook it the more it will break down and shred. For sliced it takes 15 minutes per pound generally to reach 145 degrees. Follow our pork roast Instant Pot recipe fro this one.
- Instant Pot shredded chicken is cheap and healthy, as well as our Instant Pot bbq chicken thighs
- Our white bean chicken chili Instant Pot recipe is great
- Make our homemade tortillas and make soft tacos this week.
- Our Instant Pot fajitas are made with beef and so good
- Simple and creamy Instant Pot potato salad
Best One-Pot Meals
When you are having a large gathering for birthdays, Super Bowl or brunch during Mother’s Day this is a great route to go. Way easier cleanup and stays warm right in the pot too. You can make two side dishes together at time which makes things even easier, our Instant Pot lentils and rice is a great example of that.
- Kid fave Instant Pot cocktail wiener recipe and pressure cooker corn dog bites!
- We used purple cauliflower to make this Instant Pot cauliflower mash
- Pressure cooker mashed potatoes
- The best Instant Pot Dr Pepper barbecue meatballs
- Our pressure cooker egg bites rock too
- Serve Instant Pot meatballs as an appetizer.
- Thanksgiving and Christmas must = Instant Pot green bean casserole
Now if you are ready to go full force and use it daily I have a free printable menu full of 30 simple Instant Pot recipes for you. Cook something new every day I say!
Just print it out, put it on the fridge, and each day come back to this page to grab the recipe you need for that day. They are all listed here and will be updated with new electric pressure cooker recipes each week too.
My Instant Pot spaghetti recipe was the first one I created and is usually what people start with. I would suggest starting with that one if you are a newbie or are needing a really quick dinner.
Then you can graduate to other things using a few accessories. Once you make 3-4 things you’ll feel like a pro I promise.
The next popular is our potato corn chowder, followed by our most popular dessert, our Instant Pot angel food cake. Reminds me of my Grandma every time I make it. 😉
There are so many great pressure cooker recipes around and I hope we are able to add to your list of favorites. We have a few great pressure cooker dinners below too, let us know which is your favorite.
Easy InstaPot Dinner Ideas
To start here is the best way to cook Instant Pot chicken and an explanation of pressure cooker times for meat as well as a printable
Here is how to defrost Instant Pot frozen ground beef as well which will help you make a lot of these recipes quickly
Instant Pot cheeseburger soup is always a favorite
- Then try our cashew chicken next!
- Our pressure cooker jambalaya is great
- Hoisin chicken is simple and amazing.
- This Instant Pot Hawaiian pulled pork is great to make sliders.
Cooking Meat in an InstaPot
- Our is the most amazing Instant Pot pulled pork recipe you will ever try. Or you may be looking for an easy pressure cooker shredded beef for tacos!
- Healthy Instant Pot fish and vegetables
- Peanut butter chicken in the IP rocks
If you’re looking for something really different, try our Instant Pot Mountain Dew stew.
- Pressure cooker meatloaf and potatoes uses the same Instant Pot stackable pans
- Packed with flavor we love this Instant Pot stuffed pepper casserole
- Instant Pot turkey tetrazzini is a great leftover turkey recipe
- Lots of Instant Pot cabbage recipes here! With a bit of soy sauce for flavor and tender leaves, you’re in for a treat.
- Instant Pot liver and onions
- Serve fun Pressure cooker Dorito casserole
- Our Instant Pot butter beef is different
- This pressure cooker chicken pot pie soup is great for dinner
- Sweet Instant Pot Hawaiian chicken has a bit of a kick to it
- Holiday must = Instant Pot ham. With a sweet pineapple and brown sugar glaze it’s just to die for!
Dairy Free Instant Pot Recipes
Many of your favorite crockpot recipes can now be made in the Instant Pot too, just much faster! If you need dairy free because you have someone that is lactose intolerant, thats no problem. I substitute almond milk or coconut milk all the time.
- Pressure cooker turkey or turkey breast, and here is a recipe for easy turkey pressure cooker gravy too
- Easy Pressure cooker frozen whole chicken is handy when you’ve forgotten to defrost dinner!
- Looking for kids recipes using your IP?? We have those!
- Instant Pot chicken taco bowls are great.
- Dairy free Pressure cooker coconut chicken – this is an easy Instant Pot recipe
- Our pressure cooker apricot chicken is a nice sweetness too
Easy Family Dinner Recipes
If you love seafood I would highly recommend making Instant Pot lobster tail. Not every day, for a treat of course but comes out great steamed either fresh or frozen.
- Easy Instant Pot corned beef and cabbage
- Make corned beef soup with your leftover corned beef too
- This Instant Pot lo mein is yummy
- Instant Pot beef tips with gravy rock
- Our Instant Pot lemon chicken thighs are cheap and delish.
- Then try our Instant Pot cauliflower soup for dinner.
- Make pressure cooker Mexican rice as a side dish.
- Old fashioned fave is Pressure cooker tuna noodle casserole
What can you cook in an InstaPot
- If you want a homemade version this pressure cooker chili with dry beans recipe is the bomb
- Cheesy Pressure cooker french onion soup
- Instant Pot tomato basil soup is another favorite
- Black eyed peas and ham in the pressure cooker and crockpot instructions
- Frito chili pie recipe made in the Instant Pot in just 3 minutes
- Instant Pot turkey soup is great using leftover turkey or rotisserie chicken
- We love Instant Pot cream of celery soup too
- 2 different recipes for Pressure cooker frozen meatballs are great little appetizers or a quick main dish
More dinner ideas below……..
We make our 5 ingredient crockpot chili recipe almost weekly and normally it takes 6-8 hours but we made it in here and it was done in 45 minutes or less!
On that one I still prefer a slower cooking to seep in the flavors so I set it on the slow cooker setting. That is done in just 4 which is quicker AND I can skip precooking the beef in it by using the saute function.
I love it….and have now created a roundup of easy Instant Pot beef recipes too.
We have even made Instant Pot baby food so it can be used for everyone.
My Instant Pot butter chicken has been a hit too. I firsts tasted this popular Indian dish when I was in Utah and it was amazing.
I tinkered with it and came up with a version that reminded me of that dinner.
One Pot Meals Beef
- Instant Pot taco meat + 4 other types of easy Instant Pot tacos
- French onion pressure cooker roast is great inside soft tacos too
- A healthy Instant Pot orange chicken recipe
- Lucky New Year Instant Pot Hoppin John recipe
- 4 ingredient homemade Instant Pot macaroni and cheese
Want to try something new? If you haven’t made Instant Pot chicken shawarma yet or don’t know what that even is…try it!!
- Or how to make Kraft mac and cheese in a pressure cooker
- Meat lovers Instant pot mac and cheese
- Kids favorite Instant Pot hot dogs
- Classic Instant Pot chicken noodle soup
- Pressure cooker sausage soup is packed with tons of flavor.
Fastest Dinner Ideas
That is the name of the game right? At least it has been for us ever since we had our kids. Sitting down and eating together with a meal that is kid friendly and us parents like it too has been much easier to create with this baby.
- Instant Pot lasagna soup is so much easier than the traditional way
- Healthy and delish Instant Pot shredded barbecue chicken
- Pressure cooker cheesy chicken spaghetti
- Simple Instant Pot chicken cacciatore
- Frozen pork loin in Instant Pot
- Our pressure cooker cabbage and noodles with bacon rocks
- Easy Instant Pot minestrone soup
- Along with 2 other pressure cooker vegetable soup recipes
- Instant Pot spicy teriyaki chicken thighs
Low Fat InstaPot recipes
- Cheap and flavorful Instant Pot chicken thighs bone in are great with a creamy sauce on top
- Have you tried Instant Pot brats
- Easy Homemade Instant Pot Swedish meatballs
- Soup is our fave and especially this Easy Instant Pot clam chowder
- Instant Pot shrimp
- We called this pressure cooker Mexican casserole, you’ve gotta’ try it!!
- This Instant Pot stir fry is a healthy dinner option.
- Then make this Instant Pot shrimp alfredo pasta, it’s fabulous too
More pressure cooker dinners below……..
Do you see these ribs below…they are amazing!! One of our favorite and best Instant Pot recipes for sure.
- The tenderest ribs I have had in just 25 minutes, I just couldn’t believe it. I used to slow cook them but not anymore. This is the way to go!
You can either eat right away, or put them under the broiler for just a few minutes to get just a tad of crispiness to the outside.
Stuffed peppers has always been a favorite meal, and using one of my favorite vegetable steamer baskets they’re quicker than in the oven.
I have made a few yummy Instant Pot desserts that are below, like monkey bread!!
My Instant Pot rice pudding is probably the most popular sweet pressure cooker recipes on The Typical Mom. When you make it you will see why everyone just raves about it.
You can also make it dairy free if you need to and use almond milk.
- Instant Pot Italian wedding soup is so simple
- We love Instant Pot red beans and rice
- 25 minutes to fall off the bones Instant Pot teriyaki ribs recipe
- Healthy Instant Pot barley soup is healthy and full of flavor
- Cheesy Instant Pot Mexican pizza
- 2 ingredient Instant Pot salsa chicken
- How to cook a whole chicken in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot pork stroganoff recipe
- Pressure cooker cabbage soup is a family favorite
- Classic Instant Pot beans and franks
- Instant Pot stuffed cabbage casserole
- Full of cheese with this Pressure cooker broccoli cheese soup
- If you love quinoa, try this Pressure cooker chicken quinoa casserole
- Pressure cooker fried rice
- Moist Instant Pot lemon poppy seed cake
- Super easy Instant Pot honey mustard chicken
This year since my crockpot breakfast casserole recipe was so popular I decided to make it in my pressure cooker. It came out really yummy! From brunch to dinner, to dessert the Instant Pot has been a great addition to our family meals.
- Instant Pot stuffed cabbage
- 2 different versions of Instant Pot chicken legs
- Easy Instant Pot pork tenderloin recipe
- Creamy Instant Pot fettuccine alfredo
- Beef stew is a must for sure.
- Hearty Pressure cooker sausage and peppers is seriously the easiest dinner ever and under $10
- Pressure cooker bean soup is just one in my list of easy and cheap Instant Pot recipes
- Instant Pot sloppy joe casserole
- Simple ingredients in this Instant Pot pinto bean soup
- Pressure cooker ham and beans uses dry beans
- This pressure cooker roast beef is great.
- Instant Pot turkey meatloaf
- Healthy Pressure cooker beef and broccoli
If you have a favorite crockpot meal you can read here on slow cooker vs Instant Pot how you can convert the times so you can make them faster in your pressure cooker. There are healthy Instant Pot meals, breakfast ideas, and desserts listed below that we have created and love!
Have you learned what you can make in a pressure cooker yet?? Yes, everything! ;)If you ever do forget about a dish and leave it in for too long, look at my tips on how to clean your Instant Pot on the inside and out.
- Instant Pot chicken and dumplings recipe is classic
- Creamy cand cheesy Instant Pot cheeseburger macaroni
- Spicy Instant Pot nacho soup
- One of our first ones, Instant Pot potato cheese soup
- Fall apart Instant Pot pulled pork
- Instant Pot pizza pasta
- Cheap and healthy Instant Pot whole chicken recipe
Easy Instant Pot recipes
Macaroni and cheese is a family favorite and this easy homemade recipe takes less than 5 minutes to cook and is WAY better than out of the box.
And you know exactly what is in it! Add a few sprinkles of bacon on top and oh my goodness is it tasty for kids and me. 😉
You can use slow cooker recipes too using that setting but to be honest, it doesn’t work well. I’d just use your old school Crockpot for those.
In the winter months I’ve been busy creating tons of Instant Pot soups. They are all great but my Instant Pot split pea soup is probably my most popular and healthy too!
Quick Easy InstaPot recipes
A really inexpensive meal with just veggies and broth (or water) and presto, it’s done!
- Instant Pot cube steak
- Homemade Instant Pot spaghetti sauce is great with any sort of noodles
- Try our Instant Pot beef bourguignon too
- 2 ingredient Instant Pot sweet chicken
- Pressure cooker beef pot pie soup is yummy
- 3 item Instant Pot teriyaki chicken
- Our Instant Pot carrots are easy and tender.
Must Try InstaPot recipes
- Healthy Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Spicy electric pressure cooker chicken sliders
- Pressure cooker pork chop recipes
- Our pressure cooker sausage and cabbage dish is yummy
- Make this pressure cooker chicken mushroom casserole as is or vegetarian
- Then for a little spice this Instant Pot pepper steak is yummy
- Our Instant Pot carrot soup is a winner
- Did you know you could make Instant Pot pizza
- Hearty Instant Pot beef stroganoff
Once you tried a few of my easy pressure cooker recipes and really get the hang of cooking in this fancy pressure cooker you might want to try something a bit trickier like cheesecake.
It isn’t one I would start with though as if it may discourage you because it’s more complex than others.
The first dessert I made was my rice pudding. Then I made pressure cooker brownies (both links are above). It’s a great way to cook during the summertime without heating your whole house up!
Instant Pot Desserts
- Pressure cooker brownies are like flourless cake!
- Instant Pot dump cake is great, or make Instant Pot peanut clusters
- Cherry Instant Pot cake
- And then make my favorite Instant Pot carrot cake
- Ooey gooey Pressure cooker chocolate lava cake
- Our popular Instant Pot tapioca pudding recipe
100 InstaPot recipes
If you need a few sweet beginner Instant Pot choices I might try one of these. They can satisfy your sweet tooth after dinner and made in one pot without a lot of mess.
- Easy Instant Pot cheesecake recipe
- Pressure cooker creme brulee
- Instant Pot chocolate cake with raspberry sauce
- Simple Instant Pot chocolate rice pudding
- Fruity and cheap Instant Pot pineapple upside down cake
- Fabulous Instant Pot bananas foster
- Use this pressure cooker apple pie filling recipe and make a ton of Instant Pot desserts!
Here are some Instant Pot roundups that are helpful if you’re looking for a specific type of recipe, and this craft on how to dye Easter eggs in your Instant Pot is fun too.
Crockpot Express pressure cooker recipes
- We do have a long list of Ninja Foodi recipes too if you have that pot. You can use all of these in that machine as well, they’re interchangeable.
- Easy Instant Pot chicken recipes
- Instant Pot pasta recipes
- Beef roast recipes for your IP are here
- Great Instant Pot steak recipes
- Find great Instant Pot side dishes here
- Our favorite Instant Pot dessert recipes
- Tons of Instant Pot ground beef recipes
We also create the best Instant Pot recipes for each year so stay tuned for those!
Here are monthly pressure cooker recipes roundups too! I will continue to add to this list so there is one for every month of the year. From main dishes to making a batch of caramel to serve drizzled over the top of treats.
Crockpot Express Recipes work the same way and you can use all of these with that pot too.
I will focus on upcoming holidays as well as fruits and vegetables that are fresh for that time of year. All will take less than 30 minutes and should be a great way to try some new one pot meals.
- January Instant Pot recipes
- June Instant Pot recipes
- July InstaPot recipes
- August Instant Pot recipes
- September Instant Pot recipes
- October InstaPot recipes
- Instant Pot Thanksgiving recipes
- December Instant Pot recipes
Easy Pressure Cooker Recipes
And we continue to add more over the years so I will add them here. Like our Pressure Cooker dulce de leche you can drizzle over treats or enjoy baked in a pie it is easy to make yourself.