Pressure cooker stroganoff casserole has all the great flavors of traditional beef stroganoff but takes a fraction of time to cook and uses ground beef! Get out your Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi and make it!
Try this out of this world pressure cooker stroganoff casserole tonight! We’re back to add to our long list of Instant Pot recipes with. I don’t know about you but beef stroganoff was a staple for me growing up. We put a twist on the traditional this time using ground beef which kids seem to prefer. Cooking everything (even our uncooked noodles) together in our pressure cooker means it was done start to finish in about 20 minutes! Crazy right? This post has been sponsored by Campbell’s. (originally published 2/19, affiliate links present)
There are two ways to make our pressure cooker stroganoff casserole:
- The really fast method where you enjoy it straight out of the pot – creamy, delicious, and sure to get major YUMs from everyone in your family
- Taking it one step further by adding crunchy fried onions to the top and sticking it under the broiler to crisp up, or in your Ninja Foodi using air crisp at 400 degrees for a few minutes
- This seriously takes this beef stroganoff casserole OVER THE TOP from delicious to OH MY!
We choose to take it a step further but really either way will please everyone at your dinner table.
Ok, so what we use is simple. That is the way I cook. I have 3 daughters, work full time (as a food blogger, yeah!!), and want to create delicious meals in under 30 minutes. That’s where my pressure cooker and Campbell’s® soups come into play!
- Hopefully this can become part of your meal rotation and you can find more easy dinner ideas at CampbellsKitchen.com too. 😉
Why would you make pressure cooker stroganoff casserole vs the traditional method
- Everything can be cooked together in one pot – traditionally I cooked my egg noodles separately, just eliminates a step
- Using my pressure cooker cuts down on the overall cook time – I love being able to throw everything in and walking away until it is done
- Making this in a slow cooker wouldn’t turn out as well with the noodles (in my opinion)
- Because anything called a casserole always gets a thumbs up in my house – total comfort food y’all
Why we chose to make ground beef stroganoff
- My kids prefer lean ground beef vs. small cubed stew meat
- Ground beef is a great meat to use in casseroles. It breaks up into smaller pieces and soaks up a lot of flavor
- Using the saute function when pressure cooking and a quick release makes it done in no time at all. It will stay nice and tender too
- Ground beef is more inexpensive so when I am adding to my list of cheap pressure cooker recipes cost is a factor
With that being said, if you really prefer to use beef we do have an Instant Pot beef stroganoff recipe you can follow as well. Ingredients are similar yet we cooked the noodles separately because beef takes longer to cook in your pressure cooker to get really tender.
What you need to make our quick and easy pressure cooker stroganoff casserole recipe:
- Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi
- 1 can Campbell’s® Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Bag of egg noodles – I prefer extra wide noodles
- Pound of ground beef – could substitute ground turkey or sausage as a twist
- Add the onion if you like, it’s great for texture
- 1 pkg. whole mushrooms
- 2.5 c. beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 c. canned or homemade crispy fried onions
- Green onions – optional
- Sour Cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
Once you’ve enjoyed this pressure cooker stroganoff here are a few other recipes using Campbell’s soups:
- My pressure cooker cheesy chicken spaghetti is always a hit
- This pressure cooker sausage and rice casserole has a kick to it and is oh so good
- Hamburger hash brown casserole is great for breakfast
Here is a video you can follow for Instant Pot ground beef stroganoff.
Looking for more easy Ninja Foodi / pressure cooker recipes?
If you want to make this in the oven, follow our easy beef stroganoff casserole recipe here.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉
Pressure Cooker Stroganoff Casserole
- Set pressure cooker to saute and add ground beef and diced onion. Cook until meat is no longer pink. Then drain grease and put pot back.
- Add garlic salt and stir. In a separate bowl whisk together your can of cream of mushroom soup, worcestershire sauce, and broth until smooth.
- Sprinkle in quartered mushrooms, then pour your bag of uncooked egg noodles on top of your mushrooms. Pour your broth mixture over the top of them.
- Do not stir mixture. Close lid and steam valve.
- Set to high pressure for 2 minutes, then do a quick release. (3 minutes if you like your noodles on the softer side)
- Stir and if you're serving now without the fried onions then stir in 1/2 c. of sour cream, or serve as is with a dollop of sour cream on top. Or omit the sour cream entirely, totally up to you.
- If adding fried onions transfer the casserole mixture from the pot into a 9x9 oven safe dish and sprinkle onions over the top. Can add green onions too.
- Put under broiler for 3-4 minutes or until onions are light brown, or close air crisp lid on Ninja Foodi and cook at 400 degrees for about 4-6 minutes or until they're as brown as you'd like. Serve with or without sour cream dollop on top.