Easy air fryer recipes are here! If you like quick and simple dinners we have tons to choose from with chicken, pork, beef, and vegetables for you!
Did you just get a hot air machine and now you’re looking for super easy air fryer recipes? Well we are all about simple here on The Typical Mom blog! From chicken to beef, pork recipes, vegetables and even desserts you can make it all in this magic pot. (affiliate links present)
- The air fryer benefits are so many I cannot list them all. You too will see soon what all the rage is about.
From air fryer macaroni and cheese (yes you can) to vegetables, main dishes and more the possibilities are endless I tell you. If you live in the desert it’s great because you don’t have to heat up your entire kitchen to cook dinner. Live where it snows like us? You can still get grilled crispy foods without cooking outside where it’s wet.
Only looking for Ninja Foodi air fryer recipes? No problem, all of these will work with that pot too. We aren’t bias to the brand. I have a few of them myself and rotate between them often.
Air Fryer Recipes for Beginners
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
What are the best foods to cook in an air fryer?
Well that would depend on whom you asked really.
In our opinion we air fry everything!! Seriously, you can even make things like air fryer salsa in it. I know, game changer right? Have leftovers? This is the best way to reheat chicken ever to keep it moist.
I will say there is nothing I have tried in it that hasn’t turned out delicious. SO I do it all. I even cook frozen food in air fryer all the time too. For dinner or a side dish like air fryer frozen cauliflower, it’s a true game changer.
- When I figure out the exact time and temperature that is best I share it here with you. BOOKMARK THIS PAGE so you can come back often.
To make frozen foods like a crunchy batch of tater tots they come out soft inside, and restaurant crunchy on the outside. It’s an easy way to make a side dish, same goes with these air fryer hush pupppies and frozen hashbrowns in air fryer.
That’s right, we even cook frozen foods in an air fryer because they come out WAY better than in the oven. Truly if you want your fries to taste and crunch just like at the restaurant this is the way to do just that right at home. It doesn’t matter whether it’s breaded or not everything gets a bit of crunch on the edges or all over.
If you want to try it I would start with a few things you would normally bake, but not anymore!!
There are many styles of machines out there. Choose which one is right for you but I will show you the main difference I have found.
- I would suggest getting one that has a square air fryer basket. You can fit A LOT more in it since most foods aren’t circular. 😉
- This is the machine I have and like it a lot. With preset buttons, it’s quick and easy to clean too.
What frozen foods can you cook in an air fryer?
- If you don’t want to make homemade french fries, we have directions for frozen french fries in air fryer. These are a game changer. You’ll never bake them again after this.
I offer up a bunch in my Ninja Foodi cookbook too if you want to print that out.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Easy Air Fryer Meals
Want to make something your kids will love? Try a homemade hot pocket with any ingredients you like. Our air fryer chicken cordon bleu is one of our favorite air fryer snacks served with turnip fries air fryer style.
Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Pour in one layer of frozen fries ensuring they are overlapping as little as possible.
- Set time to 15 minutes total. Open basket and shake to flip fries over and rotate them every 5 minutes.
- Before cooking for last 5 minutes spray lightly with olive oil spray and sprinkle with salt.
- Enjoy once they're as crispy as you'd like them (timing will vary slightly depending on how thick your fries are but traditional sizes take 15 minutes total for us)
- Want to know how long to cook frozen hamburger in an air fryer? We have that too.
- Frozen chicken wings in air fryer and air fryer frozen chicken breasts are even possible.
- Try cooking frozen fish in air fryer to perfection.
Have fresh meat? Buy half a cow like we do at the beginning of each year. Here’s a roundup of air fryer beef recipes to refer to.
Air fryer frozen shrimp come out great with a light coating of parmesan on top and air fryer roasted potatoes. Light without any real breading, seafood in air fryer really turns out amazing. Then try our air fryer bang bang shrimp.
What can I make with my air fryer?
You can make the “regular” things like wings and frozen items. Well the question I throw back is, what can’t you make in it? I really haven’t found anything, really. Even our tofu air fryer recipe rocks.
We used to make stuffed bell peppers in the oven but not anymore! After making air fryer stuffed peppers there is no other way.
It has given me the ability to cook a lot healthier, and homemade meals on a more regular basis. Now I might make a meal in a few batches like:
- I often make our air fryer chicken thighs with a killer dry rub recipe + a few slices of buttered air fryer bread or air fryer zoodles.
- For a light breading option our air fryer chicken katsu is killer.
- Frozen burritos in air fryer are great for fast, but if you want healthy give air fryer acorn squash or air fryer pumpkin a whirl.
- Air fryer pigs in a blanket is a quick meal. For a healthier choice, give air fryer jicama fries a whirl.
- And a air fryer Monte Cristo sandwich is to die for.
The real game changer for us was when we figured out how to make air fryer ground beef!! Then used it to make ground beef egg rolls. I mean, air fryer popcorn chicken was a win but this could be used for a multitude of recipes.
Throw it into a pot of spaghetti or make our favorite chili mac recipe. For a quick meal or fun appetizer, make air fryer oysters that taste like they were deep fried.
You can even cook frozen salmon in air fryer that comes out perfectly.
Air Fryer Meals
- If it’s breakfast or we want something light for lunch I might make air fryer breakfast potatoes. You could add some air fryer SPAM in the mix with air fryer hash browns too.
- Love fish? Try our air fryer calamari too sometime.
Is air fryer healthier than oven?
I wouldn’t say there is much more of a benefit between these two devices, but your finger food will get crispier this way!
If you’re comparing a deep fryer to this though there is a BIG guilt free health difference!
- The benefit is you’ll get that same fried food crispiness with NO oil needed (other than maybe a spritz on the top).
- This is my favorite olive oil spray I use for almost all of these healthy air fryer recipes.
- For things such as air fryer sausage patties it IS much healthier because the grease drains away as it cooks.
Tasty air fryer recipes
- They’re great with an air fryer tortilla that requires no yeast to make. Throw some air fryer catfish or air fryer mahi mahi inside with cole slaw for a healthy dinner.
- This air fryer sausage and potatoes recipe is great with a batch of air fryer vegetables like asparagus in the air fryer on the side.
- You can even cook frozen pork chops in air fryer now.
We have a lot of air fryer vegetable recipes here. It’s seriously the only way we cook air fryer mushrooms, air fryer zucchini fritters or mixed veggies anymore. Add meat with our air fryer chicken and vegetables recipe or leave plain. Savory air fryer carrots are always a winner but we have a big roundup of air fryer zucchini recipes too.
Are air fryers safe?
I don’t see it any different than any other small kitchen appliance like a slow cooker or Instant Pot really.
It’s a lot safer than a deep fryer for sure without any worry of spilling or splashing. AND if there are only a few of you, it’s great for cooking holiday meals.
- You can even cook from frozen too!! We make air fryer frozen chicken thighs all the time and you’d never know they were rock hard minutes before.
- I share how to cook chicken in an air fryer here and all kinds of beef like air fryer rump roast too.
Let’s talk holidays and what to do if you only have 2 or 3 of you at home. NO need to cook an entire bird. Instead try air fryer turkey wings or a breast. Pair it with a salad with air fryer croutons on top and dinner is served.
Quick Air Fryer Recipes
- Try our marinated air fryer roast or air fryer pork roast with air fryer red potatoes cooked to a golden brown with dill.
- My kids love chicken cutlets in air fryer because they can be hand held and super tender. Add some air fryer roasted garlic on top as a pop of flavor or just bread. Served with air fryer biscuits, they’re great.
- Or serve them with air fryer fish and air fryer beets for a healthy meal.
- For a really cheap and quick dinner, try air fryer cube steak with some air fryer sweet potato cubes.
My girls can make them on their own and they come out so much better than in the oven or microwave.
- Or keep things simple and make air fryer egg rolls with an array of dipping sauces on the side.
- Spring rolls are really a complete meal if you add chicken or pork inside.
- Air fryer teriyaki chicken is beyond amazing but air fryer potato skins are better for an appetizer
- And air fryer cornish hens really rock, next to our favorite air fryer tri tip or ribeye in air fryer recipes.
Let’s talk chicken a bit here. You could make chicken fries in air fryer for a snack or a fun dinner idea.
Is air fryer useful for vegetarians?
I think everyone needs one really. We eat meat but do cook vegetables in it quite often because they come out tender on the inside but crispy on the outside.
- For breakfast making cinnamon rolls, frozen biscuits in air fryer with jam or egg stuffed peppers.
- You can even make air fryer muffins easily without heating up the rest of your house.
- Air fryer corn goes with just about anything really, and for something different make some air fryer falafel.
We share here how to reheat pizza in air fryer because it is way better than the microwave people! But if you want a really protein packed meal make a simple marinade or dry rub to make air fryer chuck roast.
What is the difference between an air fryer and a toaster oven?
Air fryers have a single fan and heating element on top of the oven. Some toaster ovens may have an air fryer function but usually have heating elements on the top and the bottom.
We do have one which we tried for a while but ended up breaking down and buying a standard machine.
It works better. Some multi function machines work well, I don’t think this combo is quite as good. I suggest buying JUST an air fryer machine vs. a crisplid too.
We’re not done yet though!! We’ve got more to share like how to make chicken fried steak and more.
- Have kids? Make a batch of air fryer hot dogs or air fryer fried chicken.
- Mine love healthy like air fryer apples or air fryer apple chips.
- Then go on with some air fryer zucchini bread and air fryer banana bread too.
- Air fryer peppers are great as a side, or throw air fryer onions in with beef for fajitas.
Pizza rolls in the air fryer are OH MY goodness better than any other method out there.
If you haven’t made air fryer bacon yet I highly suggest you do. It’s much better than it laying in it’s own grease as it drops away thru the holes.
- Or spring for some air fryer pork belly.
- If you want to sort of bake or use another method other than deep frying, you can. We did this with our homemade naan recipe.
- Breaded pork chops in air fryer are amazing with gravy on top.
For a snack, brunch or appetizer I would give our air fryer calamari bites a whirl. Just grab some rings frozen and they’re super easy to coat and cook.
An easy lunch is to throw in a few frozen chicken patties in air fryer. They’re tender on the inside but crispy on the outside.
- Make a batch of coconut shrimp for dinner with air fryer Hasselback potatoes or green beans, and your kids will love it.
- You’ll love our air fryer lemon pepper chicken wings too.
- When people come over I have made this air fryer baked brie which is so amazing I cannot even tell you.
Best air fryer recipes
You can just add some salt and pepper, or our homemade dry rub to this salmon in the air fryer and it comes out perfect every time.
- The same goes with this easy air fryer pork loin or frozen steak in air fryer recipes.
- pair it with mashed potatoes and bam!
- Our air fryer steak bites are out of this world with some air fryer cornbread on the side.
Wash fresh kale and throw them in with some seasonings for the best kale chips in the world.
- If you haven’t tried air fryer okra, that’s a winner too
- Wrap bacon around an air fryer steak and WOW!
- Even toasted pumpkin seeds turn out crunchier in this magic basket!
And making a whole chicken in an air fryer has never been easier. Way better than rotisserie.
Then let’s move on to something like air fryer chicken parmesan. It is simple and gets that crunch on the outside you love.
- Zucchini boats can be made with cheese or meat. Either way it is simple to make and really cheap too.
- Make air fryer hard boiled eggs and make egg salad for lunch.
- An easy way to make air fryer fajitas is to just toss in with seasonings and cook!
Want a really quick meal that your kids will love to “dress up” just the way they want to? Try a frozen turkey burger in air fryer tonight.
- This semi homemade air fryer pizza is a favorite with a fast cook time.
- you can also make it as an air fryer hot pocket which is fun for the kids to eat
- Cream cheese stuffed chicken breasts are out of this world with roasted cauliflower.
- I love air fryer filet mignon with our dry rub
You can read our article about Ninja air fryer recipes if you have that specific machine. Many are listed here though.
Can you make dessert in an air fryer?
But wait, there is more….
We’ve even made the best apple crisp in this handy machine.
- Stuff our 2 ingredient bagels with strawberry cream cheese for a morning treat.
- Make semi-homemade air fryer dumplings with apple pie filling! Or use fresh fruit and make some air fryer peaches for dessert some night.
- Air fryer gingerbread cookies are the bomb
- You can find more air fryer air fryer dessert recipes like air fryer brownies and more here
- Homemade air fryer apple fritters are fun to make with your kids.
We love potstickers in air fryer too.