Easy air fryer recipes are here! If you like quick and simple dinners we have tons to choose from with chicken, pork, beef, and vegetables for you!
- The air fryer benefits are so many I cannot list them all. You too will see soon what all the rage is about.
Air Fryer Recipes for Beginners
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Grab the best air fryer cookbook here.
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
What are the best foods to cook in an air fryer?
I will say there is nothing I have tried in it that hasn’t turned out delicious. SO I do it all.
- When I figure out the exact time and temperature that is best I share it here with you. BOOKMARK THIS PAGE so you can come back often.
To make frozen foods like a crunchy batch of tater tots they come out soft inside, and restaurant crunchy on the outside.
That’s right, we even cook frozen foods in an air fryer because they come out WAY better than in the oven.
If you want to try it I would start with a few things you would normally bake, but not anymore!!
There are many styles of machines out there. Choose which one is right for you but I will show you the main difference I have found.
- I would suggest getting one that has a square air fryer basket. You can fit A LOT more in it since most foods aren’t circular. 😉
- This is the machine I have and like it a lot. With preset buttons, it’s quick and easy to clean too.
What frozen foods can you cook in an air fryer?
- If you don’t want to make homemade french fries, we have directions for frozen french fries in air fryer. These are a game changer. You’ll never bake them again after this.
I offer up a bunch in my Ninja Foodi cookbook too if you want to print that out.
Easy Air Fryer Meals
We will show you how easy frozen french fries in air fryer are to make below. They pair great with our air fryer chicken leg quarters.
Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Pour in one layer of frozen fries ensuring they are overlapping as little as possible.
- Set time to 15 minutes total. Open basket and shake to flip fries over and rotate them every 5 minutes.
- Before cooking for last 5 minutes spray lightly with olive oil spray and sprinkle with salt.
- Enjoy once they're as crispy as you'd like them (timing will vary slightly depending on how thick your fries are but traditional sizes take 15 minutes total for us)
- Want to know how long to cook frozen hamburger in an air fryer? We have that too.
- Frozen chicken wings in air fryer and air fryer frozen chicken breasts are even possible.
- Try cooking frozen fish in air fryer to perfection.
What can I make with my air fryer?
You can make the “regular” things like wings and frozen items. Well the question I throw back is, what can’t you make in it? I really haven’t found anything, really. Even our tofu air fryer recipe rocks.
We used to make stuffed bell peppers in the oven but not anymore! After making air fryer stuffed peppers there is no other way.
It has given me the ability to cook a lot healthier, and homemade meals on a more regular basis. Now I might make a meal in a few batches like:
- I often make our air fryer chicken thighs with a killer dry rub recipe + a few slices of buttered air fryer bread
- Frozen burritos in air fryer are great
And my kids’ favorite new snack is this eggplant air fryer recipe!
The real game changer for us was when we figured out how to make air fryer ground beef!!
The grease drains away so it’s super lean, then throw it into spaghetti or make taco meat out of it.
Air Fryer Meals
- If it’s breakfast or we want something light for lunch I might make air fryer breakfast potatoes. You could add some air fryer SPAM in the mix with air fryer hash browns too.
- Love fish? Try our air fryer calamari too sometime.
Is air fryer healthier than oven?
I wouldn’t say there is much more of a benefit between these two devices, but your finger food will get crispier this way!
If you’re comparing a deep fryer to this though there is a BIG guilt free health difference!
- The benefit is you’ll get that same fried food crispiness with NO oil needed (other than maybe a spritz on the top).
- This is my favorite olive oil spray I use for almost all of these healthy air fryer recipes.
Just a little spray on top at the end makes the outside of everything turn out extra crispy. Just look at these air fryer empanadas.
Tasty air fryer recipes
- They’re great with an air fryer tortilla that requires no yeast to make.
- Side dishes like frozen onion rings in air fryer are better than in the oven too.
- This air fryer sausage and potatoes recipe is great with a batch of air fryer vegetables like asparagus in the air fryer on the side.
Are air fryers safe?
I don’t see it any different than any other small kitchen appliance like a slow cooker or Instant Pot really.
It’s a lot safer than a deep fryer for sure without any worry of spilling or splashing. AND if there are only a few of you, it’s great for cooking holiday meals.
Like this air fryer turkey breast!
Quick Air Fryer Recipes
For more air fryer dinner recipes and pairings, here are a few others we love.
- Try our marinated air fryer roast with air fryer red potatoes cooked to a golden brown with dill.
- Or serve them with air fryer fish for a healthy meal.
Now if you want a quick snack, we’re all about crispy crunchy air fryer taquitos!
My girls can make them on their own and they come out so much better than in the oven or microwave.
- Or keep things simple and make air fryer egg rolls with an array of dipping sauces on the side.
- Spring rolls are really a complete meal if you add chicken or pork inside.
- Air fryer teriyaki chicken is beyond amazing
Is air fryer useful for vegetarians?
I think everyone needs one really. We eat meat but do cook vegetables in it quite often because they come out tender on the inside but crispy on the outside.
Snacks like air fryer chickpeas come out amazing too.
You can serve those with air fryer turkey legs or just about anything really.
What is the difference between an air fryer and a toaster oven?
Air fryers have a single fan and heating element on top of the oven. Some toaster ovens may have an air fryer function but usually have heating elements on the top and the bottom.
We do have one which we tried for a while but ended up breaking down and buying a standard machine.
It works better. Some multi function machines work well, I don’t think this combo is quite as good. I suggest buying JUST an air fryer machine vs. a crisplid too.
We’re not done yet though!! We’ve got more to share like how to make chicken fried steak and more.
- Have kids? Make a batch of air fryer hot dogs or air fryer fried chicken.
- Mine love healthy air fryer apple chips too.
- Air fryer peppers are great as a side, or throw air fryer onions in with beef for fajitas.
Pizza rolls in the air fryer are OH MY goodness better than any other method out there.
If it’s the holidays you might want to try our air fryer ham!
If you haven’t made air fryer bacon yet I highly suggest you do. It’s much better than it laying in it’s own grease as it drops away thru the holes.
- Or spring for some air fryer pork belly.
For a snack, brunch or appetizer I would give our air fryer calamari bites a whirl. Just grab some rings frozen and they’re super easy to coat and cook.
An easy lunch is to throw in a few frozen chicken patties in air fryer. They’re tender on the inside but crispy on the outside.
- Make a batch of coconut shrimp for dinner with air fryer Hasselback potatoes or green beans, and your kids will love it.
If you love all things seafood, I would make our air fryer fish and chips. You can use frozen fillets, stick, tater tots or fries.
- When people come over I have made this air fryer baked brie which is so amazing I cannot even tell you.
Best air fryer recipes
You can just add some salt and pepper, or our homemade dry rub to this salmon in the air fryer and it comes out perfect every time.
- The same goes with this easy air fryer pork loin or frozen steak in air fryer recipes.
- pair it with mashed potatoes and bam!
- Our air fryer steak bites are out of this world with some air fryer cornbread on the side.
Wash fresh kale and throw them in with some seasonings for the best kale chips in the world.
- If you haven’t tried air fryer okra, that’s a winner too
- Wrap bacon around an air fryer steak and WOW!
- Even toasted pumpkin seeds turn out crunchier in this magic basket!
And making a whole chicken in an air fryer has never been easier. Way better than rotisserie.
Then let’s move on to something like air fryer chicken parmesan. It is simple and gets that crunch on the outside you love.
- Zucchini boats can be made with cheese or meat. Either way it is simple to make and really cheap too.
- Make air fryer hard boiled eggs and make egg salad for lunch.
- An easy way to make air fryer fajitas is to just toss in with seasonings and cook!
Want a really quick meal that your kids will love to “dress up” just the way they want to? Try a frozen turkey burger in air fryer tonight.
- This semi homemade air fryer pizza is a favorite with a fast cook time.
- Cream cheese stuffed chicken breasts are out of this world with roasted cauliflower.
- I love air fryer filet mignon with our dry rub
You can read our article about Ninja air fryer recipes if you have that specific machine. Many are listed here though.
Can you make dessert in an air fryer?
But wait, there is more….
We’ve even made the best apple crisp in this handy machine.
- Stuff our 2 ingredient bagels with strawberry cream cheese for a morning treat.
- You can find more air fryer air fryer dessert recipes here
- Air fryer donuts are easy with this semi homemade recipe, or use refrigerated biscuits to make biscuit donuts.
We love potstickers in air fryer too.