How to cook air fryer ground beef perfectly in just a few minutes. The best part is that the grease drains away for extra lean protein.
Making air fryer ground beef has been a game changer for us! Fat drains away and it’s browned in just 5 minutes flat! An easy air fryer recipe you can use in a multitude of other meals. (affiliate links present)
- We buy half a cow at the beginning of each year.
- With that said we make a lot of easy ground beef recipes year round.
- Whether I use it inside our very popular Instant Pot spaghetti recipe, or just mix in taco seasoning, I make this at least once a week.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Grab the best air fryer cookbook here.
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
This is how our meat is packaged when we get it. They’re packaged into one pound bags, that is how much I make at a time. It is plenty for the 4 or 5 of us in the house. If you have a larger household, just do two batches.
It is done so quickly that it isn’t a big deal. You could break up two pounds and just overlap it more than I did. Typically I suggest to not do that, but with ground meat it doesn’t make that big of a difference really.
- Cook time for 1 lb. of hamburger meat is 5 minutes for us.
- If you really wanted it to have NO pink, 6 minutes would be better for you.
Ground Beef Air Fryer
Absolutely! It is so easy to do in just 5 minutes and the fat just drains away from the meat. NO more sizzling in a pan inside the grease.
This is a great way to keep your hamburger meat very lean. You can use your Ninja Foodi machine to do this too.
Yes, this is how to cook frozen hamburgers in an air fryer. I would not suggest cooking an entire pound of ground beef in it though. The outside will get way more overdone by the time the middle defrosted.
If your meat is defrosted and formed into patties you can easily air fry hamburgers so they’re tender and delicious. 8 minutes at 375 degrees F.
That depends on a lot of factors, the main one being the fat content in it. If you have a very low fat content and cook it in a way where the fat drains away from the meat, that is the healthiest option.
First you’re going to break up the meat. You don’t want it to overlap if possible so each piece gets done at the same time.
Air Fryer Hamburger
It’s quick and easy to make this perfectly. All you need is your air fryer basket, a spoon or spatula to break up the meat and diced onions if you want to add those.
- I like to use wooden utensils to cook in my Cosori or large air fryer.
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Air Fryer Ground Beef
First preheat air fryer to 380 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Add ingredients
Break up ground beef and lay in air fryer basket without overlapping. You could add some diced onions on top as well if you wanted.
Close basket and keep at 380 degrees for a total of 5 minutes breaking meat up again after 3 minutes. If you’d like it more done after 5 minutes set for 1 more minute.
Lift out basket, drain grease in bottom drawer and use hamburger meat as you’d like.
If you want to make tacos, put ground beef into a bowl. Sprinkle packet of dry taco seasoning on top, then pour 1/4 cup of water or beef broth on top. Stir so meat is coated, serve.
Done and looks like this in just a jiffy y’all!!
Air Fryer Ground Beef Recipes
Once you have this done and ready you can add them into a ton of meals like:
- Air fryer stuffed peppers with rice and tomatoes.
- You can make some yummy air fryer empanadas too as an appetizer or meal.
- Add it into the mix of your homemade air fryer hash browns for a hearty breakfast with cheese on top.
- Or throw it into a pot of 5 ingredient chili and you’ll have a really cheap and healthy meal for all of you.
Air Fryer Ground Beef
- 1 lb ground beef thawed out, not frozen
- Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Break up ground beef and lay in air fryer basket without overlapping.
- Close basket and keep at 380 degrees for a total of 5 minutes breaking meat up again after 3 minutes. If you'd like it more done after 5 minutes set for 1 more minute.
- Lift out basket, drain grease in bottom drawer and use hamburger meat as you'd like. If you want to make taco meat, put ground beef into a bowl. Sprinkle packet of dry taco seasoning on top, then pour 1/4 cup of water or beef broth on top. Stir so meat is coated, serve.