Lots of mug recipes you can make for dinner or dessert that take about 1 minute and they’re done! Easy mug recipes, you’ve got to try the brownie in a mug and the pizza!
OH MY goodness, do you love easy mug recipes as much as we do??!! We’ve made desserts, and dinner in them! Have you tried making pizza in a mug, or maybe a delicious peanut butter brownie in a mug? Most take only 1 minute to cook so it is perfect for a late night treat, and really fun for kids too. (originally published 1/17, affiliate links present)
My kids love baking in a microwave. Being able to make their own after school snack “all by myself” has been great for them and ME. I love it too because let’s face it, I have a sweet tooth.
Best Mug Cake Recipes
There are many more things other than cake though. Making a chocolate chip cookie in a mug is a perfect size and just what I need sometimes. Here are a bunch of easy mug recipes you can make right at home too!
You will need this for all the easy mug cake recipes below:
- Large mugs and a microwave
- smaller coffee mugs will cause batter to overflow
- Cocoa powder is used for some chocolate recipes
- Milk – could substitute for almond milk
Easy mug recipes
- Brownie in a mug we make with a dollop of peanut butter in the middle!
- Angel food cake in a mug needs just 2 ingredients, that is it.
- Strawberry cake in a mug is just as easy but with 3 needed.
- Gluten free chocolate mug cake is easy too
Here are a few questions you might have right about now:
You can add mini chocolate chips, sprinkles, or put a tsp of peanut butter in the center like we do with our mug brownie.
As long as you use a microwave and/or oven safe mug then it is really no different safety wise than making it in the oven. It is just made for one instead of a crowd is all. Small batch cake and cookies are great.
- Chocolate chip cookie in a mug you can see below, 5 stars from everyone who makes it.
This is probably our most popular mug cookie on our site. Oooey and gooey you’ll be hooked! What’s great about all of these is you just add all the ingredients in a mug, stir, and microwave for 1-2 minutes.
From start to finish it is less than 15 minutes before you can enjoy all the sweetness!
Chocolate cake in a mug can be made with any flavor really, even red velvet.
- Cinnamon roll in a mug only takes ready made refrigerated rolls with the icing in the package!
- Oatmeal in a mug with brown sugar is fantastic
- Mocha chocolate mug cake can be made with a strong or light flavor.
- Apple pie mug cake we love
- Pizza in a mug we make all the time with refrigerated biscuits.
This is a great lunch or quick after school snack the kids can make all by themselves! If you’ve never tried making a pizza in a mug you’re in for a treat.
- Cinnamon swirl mug muffin, another breakfast treat for one.
- Macaroni and cheese in a mug is great when you’re in a hotel!
- Pina Colada cake in a cup, yep I’m down
- Funfetti mug cake is an easy boxed cake mix recipe
- Banana bread in a mug we have tried with coconut flour and came out great.
Then make an omelet in a mug for a meal and load it up with meat and/or veggies of your choice.
I guess what we love about easy mug recipes is that you get just enough without having to make an entire cake, or casserole dish full of macaroni and cheese.
For an after school snack my kids love pizza in a mug. Especially when it’s Summertime I definitely do NOT want to turn on the oven so a mug cake recipe is just perfect! Great for portion control too when you’re watching your waistline. 😉
- Chicken pot pie in a mug we love, similar to our chicken pot pie muffins
- Cheesecake in a mug sounds fun
- Paleo mug muffin recipes are available too if need be
- French toast in a mug is super simple
- Bread pudding in a mug, a quick and easy way to bring you back to your childhood.
- Carrot cake in a mug is a great single serving dessert for sure. Put a dollop of ready made cream cheese frosting on top for a total YUM
- Egg fried rice in a mug is fun and so easy to throw together
- Rice pudding in a mug I bet you never thought of
- Nutella mug cake is always a winner
- Maple ginger steamed pudding in a mug, wow can you imagine?
Another trick to make your mug recipe “last longer” is use a small spoon when you’re eating it. LOL. Makes it seem like there’s a bit more. Honestly though it is the perfect size for me just about any day.