Here are 30 easy dutch oven recipes you can use at home or when you’re camping. From dinners to bread and dutch oven desserts too you will find a variety of simple and easy to put together meals here you can cook in your cast iron dutch oven. I love this thing!
Do you love easy dutch oven recipes??!! I do, I do!! Ok I will admit that I am new to the whole concept. I have had a few cast iron skillets since I got married and use those frequently but last year I was really curious about using a cast iron pot so I bought one. Kinda’ like using my crockpot but that seasoned goodness from cast iron cooking. (originally published 2/18, affiliate links present)
I first made this Dutch oven stew that came out SO good and I loved how easy it was to dump everything in. Just throw it in the oven and have a really tender meal is created. All of these are perfect for Fall and Winter time.
From there I cooked a whole chicken in my dutch oven and continued making more easy dutch oven recipes!
- If you are curious about it this is similar to the 7 qt. dutch oven I bought which wasn’t too expensive.
- Another great thing about it is it’s great for camping.
- Dutch oven recipes are so versatile. Since it holds quite a bit it is perfect for making stew, roasts, soups and more.
However you use it I hope I have a few more recipes you can try in your cast iron pot.
If you’re looking for main dishes for dinner I have a lot of ideas here from my friends. There are also many soups as well as side dishes, dessert, and even how to cast iron bread recipes! Some take 30 minutes and some take a while longer. It is so versatile I tell you.
If you need some tips on cast iron skillet care for your dutch oven we have a bunch of those too! Olive oil is key.
Here’s a long list of easy dutch oven recipes from us and other bloggers too that you can enjoy so you too can make a dutch oven dinner!
- If you’re looking for a new way to cook chicken for dinner you’ve got to try this Dutch oven whole chicken recipe (shown below)
- Hungarian goulash recipe
- Crusty Artisan bread
- Homemade corned beef hash recipe
- Grandma’s meat and dumplings casserole
- Moroccan beef stew
- Dutch oven ham is perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner
- Dutch oven braised beef
- TenderDutch oven herbed potatoes
- Easy Dutch oven spaghetti – no boil
- Great Dutch oven ribs
- and short ribs
- Warm Dutch oven broccoli cheese soup
- Flavorful Dutch oven chicken pot pie
- Dutch oven baked ziti
- Best Dutch oven pot roast
- So good Dutch oven potato cheese soup
- Gotta try this Dutch oven pizza
- Winter time Dutch oven vegetable beef soup
Throw some vegetables in the pot too to soak up that delicious chicken broth too and you have a complete meal when it is done.
Uncover for a bit to get a nice golden brown on top like this so not only is the chicken moist and delicious but the skin is super flavorful as well.
Looking for pasta to cook in your dutch oven, we have a few ideas for you here including a no boil spaghetti recipe above and one of my favorites which is goulash.
I mean we all had that growing up right, and simmered nice and slow in your cast iron pot it is even better.
There is something about dutch oven recipes that brings out amazing flavors!
- Dutch oven chicken and potatoes
- Great Dutch oven chicken cacciatore
- Super tender Dutch oven pot roast
- Mashed potatoes in your pot are possible
- This dutch oven corned beef and cabbage is amazing
- Great dinner is this Dutch oven balsamic chicken and vegetables
- Try dutch oven mac and cheese too
- St. Patricks Day Dutch oven corned beef and cabbage
- Dutch oven chicken and dumplings
- Zucchini chowder
- Chicken in white wine
- Southwestern pasta
- Flavorful Dutch oven goulash
- Never knew you could make Dutch oven cheesy garlic bites
- Sausage pinwheels
Dutch Oven Desserts
- 7 Layer brownies
- Dutch oven pineapple upside down cake
- The best Dutch oven cheesecake
- Apricot Raspberry dutch baby cakes
- Breakfast Dutch oven blueberry biscuits
Dutch Oven Snacks
You can find more dutch oven recipes on my easy camping recipes and meal planning post.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉