Over 63 super easy crockpot recipes to fill up your meal planning for the month and try a new weeknight dinner. From slow cooker casseroles to dinner soups and desserts, they’re my favorite ones all wrapped up in one handy guide.
We are a busy family of 5, both work full time, but still like to eat dinner as a family so easy crockpot recipes are key to how we’re able to do it all. Throw it all in before you leave in the morning and BAM your slow cooker meals are ready when you’re back from the busy day. (originally published 1/17, affiliate links present)
Easy Crockpot Recipe
With these easy slow cooker recipes you don’t have to be a professional home cook to make your family think you are. 😉 From frozen chicken, to pork chops and taco meat in slow cooker you can make it all y’all.
We’re all busy right??!! If I can cook chicken in one and easy Crockpot side dishes in another there really isn’t any prep at all. Then dinner is ready.
Let’s talk a little bit about slow cooking shall we?? First off I have a few different varieties and I love them all. Each one has an occasion to be used like….
- This is my favorite 6 quart programmable one with a locking lid so it’s great for bringing to a potluck too.
- If you just want to serve a few appetizers you should get this one that sit side by side one another.
- I prefer not to use liners, but rather just spray olive oil inside before adding my food for easier cleanups.
Let me give you a peek of my pretty thang I bought recently. It goes with my kitchen so I can just leave it out on the countertop all the time. 😉
Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
- In the New Year, slow cooker Hoppin John is supposed to bring everyone luck and prosperity. We could all use more of that right?
- That is not the “norm” and neither are slow cooker oxtails. If you’re thinking ehhhh, you have to try them first.
- An easy one is this slow cooker spaghetti sauce or veggie loaded Crockpot cabbage soup.
Crockpot Chicken Recipes
Of course when I do I love sharing them with all of you to help you out as well. If you too are looking for a few easy crockpot recipes you’ve come to the right place, here are a few of our favorites!
I’m not ashamed to admit I’m a bit obsessed with my slow cooker!
- I’ll first get you drooling with our crockpot crack chicken recipe here
- Our crockpot spaghetti and meatballs and/or Crockpot stuffed bell peppers are great with ground beef too.
- We have a lot of crockpot chicken recipes on our site for sure since that is all my youngest would eat when she was younger.
And since I am forgetful, a lot, I have instructions for things right out of the freezer. Slow cooker frozen cube steak is just one, more to follow below.
Slow Cooker Dinner Recipes
Sometimes all you have time to do is a little bit of prep in the morning to create a melt in your mouth roast or flavorful shredded beef for dinner.
If you meal plan, having a bunch of recipes can be helpful. Write down your favorites on recipe cards or bookmark this page.
- That’s when these crockpot recipes come in SO handy!
Here’s a printable for Crock Pot cooking times that will help you convert from high to low depending on how much time you have.
Dump and Go Slow Cooker Recipes
One that is a perfect size for dips and a small casserole, a large version if I know company is coming over, and one that is perfect for feeding our family of 5. These are my favorite styles I recommend everyone has in their cupboards.
- Large crockpot – perfect for a larger crowd and crockpot soup recipes
- Casserole crockpot – not just for casseroles but perfect for dips too
- Medium crockpot – perfect for our family of 5 with maybe 1 serving for leftovers the next day
- Disney lovers crockpot – my next purchase!
I can say I have never used crockpot liners, but some people swear by them to eliminate some of the mess/scrubbing.
Here are some of our favorites with links to a total of over 50 different crockpot recipes for you to try and enjoy. Starting with easy easy like out 2 ingredient Slow Cooker BBQ chicken thighs and on to show you how to cook pasta in slow cooker too we have it all.
Want a protein packed meal with veggies all cooked together? Try this Crockpot jerk chicken one pot meal that everyone loves.
Easy Crockpot Meals
- Crockpot chili – my most popular recipe and something we make on a weekly basis!
- if you want to use something other than ground beef, try our Crockpot venison chili sometime too
- It’s as simple as our easy Crockpot soup but without so many beans and heartier.
- You can serve Crockpot carrots with just about anything.
- If you ask my girls they’ll say slow cooker chicken legs are their fave.
- Slow cooker creamy tomato soup is yummy
- Crockpot potato soup or our Crockpot ham and potatoes recipes are perfect after the holidays when you have leftovers.
Here are a few easy slow cooker turkey recipes you can choose from for the holidays..or year round.
Easy Slow Cooker Meals
You can start the day with your every day ingredients, but made in this pot. If you haven’t tried Crockpot scrambled eggs it’s a great one for a large crowd, especially during the holidays.
- Holiday Crockpot ham recipe
- Healthy butter chicken recipe is great over a bed of rice.
- For pure comfort food, give Crockpot enchilada casserole a whirl!
- Some night make this fork tender amazing pork tenderloin slow cooker recipe of ours.
- A healthy throw together one pot meal is our boneless skinless chicken thighs Crockpot recipe.
Now if you’re forgetful, you can still cook this frozen whole chicken in Crockpot and still save dinner. I’ve done it lots of times. It surprisingly comes out super tender like frozen chicken thighs Crock Pot.
Easy Family Slow Cooker Meals
If you’re looking for really cheap crockpot meals we have a bunch! Crockpot recipes using hamburger tend to be a bit less expensive. To really cut down on costs choose a meat with a bit higher fat content, that will drive the price down.
Since you’ll have to precook your ground beef anyway you can drain the fat so it won’t matter anyway. If you want it lower in fat put it into a strainer and spray hot water on your meat to rinse more fat off it it too.
You can use precooked meat to make cooking faster too like our Crockpot tuna noodle casserole recipe.
- The best Slow Cooker stuffed cabbage soup
- Easy crockpot french onion soup is a lighter meal where Crockpot Brunswick stew is hearty.
- Slow cooker chicken parmesan is a healthy Crockpot recipe
- Crockpot chili mac is cheap, and then make our Mississippi roast slow cooker recipe next.
Crockpot Recipes for Two
If you want to make a smaller batch of any of these just cut in half. I recommend using a smaller 4 qt. pot for less food. Our carne asada Crock Pot recipe is full of flavor, low carb, protein packed and great shredded or chopped inside of tacos.
If you want to use pork I would give our slow cooker pork chops and gravy a whirl. Want something without a heavy sauce to it? Use powdered flavoring mixes like our slow cooker ranch pork chops which packs a ton of flavor.
Forgetful like me?? I bet you have had your moments. That is when this Crockpot chicken frozen breasts recipe comes in handy. We made it like chicken caprese but you could use all sorts of sauces with it to get tender.
Side Dishes Slow Cooker
Easy Crockpot Recipe
- Brown ground beef in a skillet with all seasonings. Pour into slow cooker (I do not drain). Pour in cans of beans, tomatoes, chiles and sauce, stir together.
- Put on lid and set to low heat for 6 hours. Taste, adjust with salt and pepper and serve topped with cheese.
Slow Cooker Appetizer Recipes
Ok so I make slow cooker bbq meatballs for an app and am guilty of serving for dinner in slider buns too!
- Tender Crockpot bbq beef is great. You can pair it with some parmesan and/or mushroom slow cooker risotto which is a great alternative to rice.
- We’ve made beef as well as slow cooker pork carnitas for taco Tuesdays too
- Our crockpot buffalo chicken sliders are a great appetizer.
- When it’s chilly, our Crockpot tortellini soup is great
Have you ever wondered if you cook cook Crockpot ground beef or slow cooker eggs in this thing? You can!! It’s kinda’ great on a busy day when you’re doing work around the house. A few stirs throughout and done.
Crockpot Meals Chicken
Cooking for the holidays? Our slow cooker green bean casserole recipe works so well.
- Chicken soup in the Crockpot is healthy and great when you’re not feeling well.
- This crockpot lemon pepper chicken is healthy.
- Crockpot cheesy chicken and rice is always a winner with chicken thighs, or creamy Crockpot chicken with breasts.
If you haven’t baked a slow cooker dessert yet they turn out quite well actually. You can throw together this Crockpot cobbler with frozen fruit in no time. Year round you can find the ingredients which is nice.
4 Ingredient Dump Meals
One of the magical things about this pot is how it cooks beans from dry. I never ever would do it any other way (other than in a pressure cooker) because it is too labor intensive. But when making slow cooker black beans you just rinse, add, and let them get tender low and slow all day. That is it.
You can then use those beans in our slow cooker casserole with pasta and sauce. Add leftover meat or leave vegetarian.
- Slow cooker teriyaki chicken wings
- For a side dish we love Crockpot baked beans
- If you’re looking for an easy Crockpot chicken casserole recipe, we have lots. But first, start with this creamy Crockpot pesto chicken alfredo casserole
A healthy option you can just add some simple seasonings to is this slow cooker chicken thighs and potatoes one pot meal.
- This Crockpot chicken taco meat is perfect for a quick meal.
- This crockpot chicken cacciatore is healthy and yummy
- Our classic Crockpot hamburger helper recipe
Soup doesn’t have to be made when you’re sick or it’s snowing outside. Many times we make it year round because it’s pure comfort food in a bowl. Pair it with a side of semi homemade pull apart bread and dinner is done in no time!
We love breakfast for dinner too. When I have leftover ham after the holidays I’ll make Cheesy Hashbrown Potatoes Crockpot to enjoy.
- Crockpot sticky teriyaki chicken with a side of slow cooker brussel sprouts is great.
- Simple but delish Crockpot Italian wedding soup
- Our Crockpot lasagna casserole – great if you’re having a large crowd, everyone loves it.
- Loaded baked potato soup
- Hearty Crockpot pork chops or slow cooker pulled pork are great
- Slow cooker corned beef brisket is amazing and you don’t need to wait until St. Patrick’s Day to make it!
Easy Family Crockpot Meals
For a really healthy crockpot recipe try our pea soup below using dry split peas that can be found at the Dollar Store, literally. Using broth and some vegetables it will become a new family favorite. Throwing in some leftover ham is a great add in too!
- Healthy Crockpot split pea soup
- Crockpot cinnamon roll monkey bread
- Slow cooker ham and potato soup
- Try this Slow cooker chocolate chip banana bread
- Make sandwiches with this slow cooker drip beef!
Here are a few pictures of our favorite crock pot recipes that are soups, but there are so many other things you can make in your slow cooker including hearty dinners and desserts!
I’ve even made these fabulous buttery garlic slow cooker no yeast rolls as a side dish on a busy evening and they’re so yummy.
Slow Cooker Recipes with Vegetables
If you love cabbage you must try our Crockpot cabbage and sausage recipes loaded with potatoes too. A hearty meal that is way too good to only make it around St. Patrick’s Day.
For a really hometown dish try a roast with onion soup mix in Crockpot!
- Hearty Crock pot vegetable beef soup is a good dinner, while Crockpot appetizer meatballs are a fun start.
- Salsa chicken crockpot recipe is great shredded inside corn tortillas with some cheddar cheese and sour cream on top.
- Crockpot pizza rocks
- The best Crockpot corn chowder
- Pot roast in the slow cooker comes out great too
- Our Crockpot steak and potatoes turn out amazing
- Easy Crockpot Hawaiian chicken can be served as is or shredded
- Crockpot brownie cookies for dessert
Cooking beans in slow cooker is a game changer. I do still soak for a few hours, but you don’t need to. One that turns out great is our mayocoba beans recipe.
If you want to try foods from other countries you can do just that right at home. You can make enchiladas in this and our Puerto Rican beef stew is incredible. Love seafood? Try a batch of Crock Pot shrimp boil y’all.
- BBQ pulled pork crockpot recipe
- using bottled barbecue sauce or homemade with soy sauce, brown sugar and worcestershire sauce it comes out incredibly tender
- Super cheap Crockpot sausage and vegetables
- Crockpot goulash
- Simple Crockpot chicken fajitas
- Slow cooker chicken and dumplings
- Crustless crockpot apple crisp pie
- Holiday Crockpot hot apple cider
From comfort foods like our hamburger helper you see here, to healthy dishes like chicken fajitas and the easiest crockpot chicken cacciatore recipe you’ll ever make there’s always something new you can try!
Dessert in Slow Cooker
If you’re new to breakfast crockpot recipes we have a few including the potatoes below. Add sausage or ham and it’s great for Christmas brunch too.
- Crockpot chocolate lava cake
- And chocolate Crockpot cake
- Breakfast Crockpot french toast casserole
- The best Crockpot pizza casserole
- Slow cooker cheesy potatoes or slow cooker cheesy cauliflower are great side dishes.
The question when you add meat is, can you put raw meat in a slow cooker?
I do not do this with hamburger, but beef and chicken I do. In general it isn’t a hard no no. You can cook raw meat in the slow cooker by putting in your meat with the liquid your recipe calls for, and set to high or low. Generally people start at high and after a few hours turn it down.
In 6-8 hours most meats will be cooked through and safe to eat. As always use a thermometer to ensure it’s the right temp for safety reasons.
What can you cook in a slow cooker
As you can see it is just about everything! From chicken to beef, pork and even desserts there is nothing this oval pot can’t do really. Yes I do have a lot of Instant Pot recipes to choose from too but occasionally I just want to go back to the basics.
- Tasty Crockpot beef stroganoff 2 ways is shared here
- it’s amazing how tender this gets cooked all day
- Tater tot casserole
- Crockpot french toast casserole for brunch.
- Creamy slow cooker rice pudding for dessert.
- Easy slow cooker beef short rib recipe you will love and should try this week
If you’ve never made a crockpot dessert there are many on this site. We’ve made things like our crockpot apple dump cake and Crockpot peanut clusters that are amazing. Use pretzels and nuts instead to make this Crockpot chocolate candy treat.
If there aren’t enough easy crockpot recipes here to choose from I have more here:
I am adding new recipes each week so make sure to check back often!