Over 63 super easy crockpot recipes to fill up your meal planning for the month and try a new weeknight dinner. From slow cooker casseroles to dinner soups and desserts, they’re my favorite ones all wrapped up in one handy guide.
We are a busy family of 5, both work full time, but still like to eat dinner as a family so easy crockpot recipes are key to how we’re able to do it all. (originally published 1/17, affiliate links present)
With these easy slow cooker recipes you don’t have to be a professional home cook to make your family think you are. 😉
We’re all busy right??!!
If you too love slow cooker recipes of all kinds, you’re going to go crazy over this one. First let’s go over a few resources:
From soups, to desserts, to main dishes, I am constantly creating new Crockpot dinner ideas that all of us will enjoy.
- In the New Year, slow cooker Hoppin John is supposed to bring everyone luck and prosperity. We could all use more of that right?
- An easy one is this slow cooker spaghetti sauce.
Like our slow cooker beef tips that are amazing.
Of course when I do I love sharing them with all of you to help you out as well.
If you too are looking for a few easy crockpot recipes you’ve come to the right place, here are a few of our favorites!
I’m not ashamed to admit I’m a bit obsessed with my slow cooker!
- I’ll first get you drooling with our crockpot crack chicken recipe here and our crockpot spaghetti and meatballs.
- We have a lot of crockpot chicken recipes on our site.
Sometimes all you have time to do is a little bit of prep in the morning to create a melt in your mouth roast or flavorful shredded beef for dinner.
If you meal plan, having a bunch of recipes can be helpful. Write down your favorites on recipe cards or bookmark this page.
- That’s when these crockpot recipes come in SO handy!
Here’s a printable for Crock Pot cooking times that will help you convert from high to low depending on how much time you have.
We have a list of easy cheap crockpot meals to choose from here too.
One that is a perfect size for dips and a small casserole, a large version if I know company is coming over, and one that is perfect for feeding our family of 5. These are my favorite styles I recommend everyone has in their cupboards.
- Large crockpot – perfect for a larger crowd and crockpot soup recipes
- Casserole crockpot – not just for casseroles but perfect for dips too
- Medium crockpot – perfect for our family of 5 with maybe 1 serving for leftovers the next day
- Disney lovers crockpot – my next purchase!
I can say I have never used crockpot liners, but some people swear by them to eliminate some of the mess/scrubbing.
Here are some of our favorites with links to a total of over 50 different crockpot recipes for you to try and enjoy.
- Crockpot chili – my most popular recipe and something we make on a weekly basis!
- It’s as simple as our easy Crockpot soup but without so many beans and heartier.
- You can serve Crockpot carrots with just about anything.
- If you ask my girls they’ll say slow cooker chicken legs are their fave.
- Slow cooker creamy tomato soup or Crockpot potato soup are great
- We love our crockpot lasagna recipe
Here are a few easy slow cooker turkey recipes you can choose from for the holidays..or year round.
Our creamy Crockpot ham and potato soup is amazing.
- Holiday Crockpot ham recipe
- Healthy butter chicken recipe is great over a bed of rice.
- Some night make this fork tender amazing pork tenderloin slow cooker recipe of ours.
- Simple Crockpot chicken noodle soup is always a winner for dinner
If you’re looking for really cheap crockpot meals we have a bunch! Crockpot recipes using hamburger tend to be a bit less expensive. To really cut down on costs choose a meat with a bit higher fat content, that will drive the price down.
Since you’ll have to precook your ground beef anyway you can drain the fat so it won’t matter anyway. If you want it lower in fat put it into a strainer and spray hot water on your meat to rinse more fat off it it too.
- The best Slow Cooker stuffed cabbage soup
- Easy crockpot french onion soup
- Slow cooker chicken parmesan is a healthy Crockpot recipe
- Crockpot chili mac is cheap, and then make our Mississippi roast slow cooker recipe next.
Then if you want a good ol’ fashioned meal you should try our slow cooker cube steak.
- Tender Crockpot bbq beef is great
- We’ve made beef as well as slow cooker pork carnitas for taco Tuesdays too
- Our crockpot buffalo chicken sliders are a great appetizer.
- When it’s chilly, our Crockpot tortellini soup is great
Have you ever wondered if you cook cook Crockpot ground beef? You can!!
It’s kinda’ great on a busy day when you’re doing work around the house. A few stirs throughout and done.
Having people over for brunch? Make our Crockpot funeral potatoes for the win.
- Chicken soup in the Crockpot is healthy with some slow cooker bread
- This crockpot lemon pepper chicken is healthy.
- Crockpot cheesy chicken and rice is always a winner with chicken thighs, or creamy Crockpot chicken with breasts.
Try this EASY Crockpot potato soup with frozen hashbrowns some night.
We have made Crockpot frozen chicken before too when batch cooking. It can be used for a number of other recipes.
- Slow cooker teriyaki chicken wings
- For a side dish we love Crockpot baked beans
- If you’re looking for an easy Crockpot chicken casserole recipe, we have lots. But first, start with this creamy Crockpot pesto chicken alfredo casserole
Forgetful?? Me too. Here’s how to cook frozen roast in slow cooker perfectly though.
- This Crockpot chicken taco meat is perfect for a quick meal.
- This crockpot chicken cacciatore is healthy and yummy
- Our classic Crockpot hamburger helper recipe
Soup doesn’t have to be made when you’re sick or it’s snowing outside. Many times we make it year round because it’s pure comfort food in a bowl. Pair it with a side of semi homemade pull apart bread and dinner is done in no time!
- Crockpot sticky teriyaki chicken
- Simple but delish Crockpot Italian wedding soup
- Our Crockpot lasagna casserole – great if you’re having a large crowd, everyone loves it.
- Loaded baked potato soup
- Hearty Crockpot pork chops or slow cooker pulled pork are great
- Slow cooker corned beef brisket is amazing and you don’t need to wait until St. Patrick’s Day to make it!
For a really healthy crockpot recipe try our pea soup below using dry split peas that can be found at the Dollar Store, literally. Using broth and some vegetables it will become a new family favorite. Throwing in some leftover ham is a great add in too!
- Healthy Crockpot split pea soup
- Crockpot cinnamon roll monkey bread
- Slow cooker ham and potato soup
- Try this Slow cooker chocolate chip banana bread
- Make sandwiches with this slow cooker drip beef!
Here are a few pictures of our favorite crock pot recipes that are soups, but there are so many other things you can make in your slow cooker including hearty dinners and desserts!
I’ve even made these fabulous buttery garlic slow cooker no yeast rolls as a side dish on a busy evening and they’re so yummy.
For a really hometown dish try a roast with onion soup mix in Crockpot!
- Hearty Crock pot vegetable beef soup
- Salsa chicken crockpot recipe is great shredded inside corn tortillas with some cheddar cheese and sour cream on top.
- Crockpot pizza rocks
This easy slow cooker stew recipe is great to make year round with vegetables and tender meat.
- The best Crockpot corn chowder
- Pot roast in the slow cooker comes out great too
- Our Crockpot steak and potatoes turn out amazing
- Easy Crockpot Hawaiian chicken can be served as is or shredded
- Crockpot brownie cookies for dessert
- BBQ pulled pork crockpot recipe
- using bottled barbecue sauce or homemade with soy sauce, brown sugar and worcestershire sauce it comes out incredibly tender
- Super cheap Crockpot sausage and vegetables
- Crockpot goulash
- Simple Crockpot chicken fajitas
- Slow cooker chicken and dumplings
- Crustless crockpot apple crisp pie
- Holiday Crockpot hot apple cider
From comfort foods like our hamburger helper you see here, to healthy dishes like chicken fajitas and the easiest crockpot chicken cacciatore recipe you’ll ever make there’s always something new you can try!
If you’re new to breakfast crockpot recipes we have a few including the potatoes below. Add sausage or ham and it’s great for Christmas brunch too.
- Crockpot chocolate lava cake
- And chocolate Crockpot cake
- Breakfast Crockpot french toast casserole
- The best Crockpot pizza casserole
- Slow cooker cheesy potatoes
The question when you add meat is, can you put raw meat in a slow cooker?
I do not do this with hamburger, but beef and chicken I do. In general it isn’t a hard no no. You can cook raw meat in the slow cooker by putting in your meat with the liquid your recipe calls for, and set to high or low. Generally people start at high and after a few hours turn it down.
In 6-8 hours most meats will be cooked through and safe to eat. As always use a thermometer to ensure it’s the right temp for safety reasons.
I hope we’ve helped answer the question of what can you cook in a slow cooker at this point.
As you can see it is just about everything! From chicken to beef, pork and even desserts there is nothing this oval pot can’t do really. Yes I do have a lot of Instant Pot recipes to choose from too but occasionally I just want to go back to the basics.
- Tasty Crockpot beef stroganoff 2 ways is shared here
- it’s amazing how tender this gets cooked all day
- Tater tot casserole
- Crockpot french toast casserole for brunch.
- Creamy slow cooker rice pudding for dessert.
- Easy slow cooker beef short rib recipe you will love and should try this week
If there aren’t enough easy crockpot recipes here to choose from I have more here:
I am adding new recipes each week so make sure to check back often!