Easy Instant Pot ground beef recipes your whole family will love for dinner or lunch! Simple comfort food recipes using ground beef or turkey that are hearty and take less than 30 minutes total from prep to on the table.
I have several posts breaking down my long list of pressure cooker recipes into categories. This one focuses on the best Instant Pot ground beef recipes around. If you’re looking for easy Instant Pot recipes we have a ton! (originally published 1/18, affiliate links present)
Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipe
One thing you will NOT find on The Typical Mom are recipes with hard to find ingredients, that is just not me. You can use the cheapest variety or lean ground beef for them all. A little bit of fat is actually good though, adds to the overall taste of the dish. 😉
If you’re looking for what to cook with ground beef tonight, we’ve got lots of ideas! You can use these in your Crockpot Express, IP or as easy Ninja Foodi recipes too. All these pots have the high pressure and saute functions so they will work the same.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this —–> Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
Ninja Foodi Ground Beef Recipes
I am a busy mom of 3 who works full time and I don’t have more than 30 minutes total to cook much of anything. With this “magic pot” of sorts you too can have dinner on the table every single night with very little prep work or intervention in between.
Just throw it all in to these dump and go one pot meals and it will be ready to serve for kids and adults alike.
- That is why I am in love with my Instant Pot! 😉
- These are just a few favorite Instant Pot kids recipes on our blog.
If you’re new to using this clever device go ahead and read my post on how to use an Instant Pot first and then come back here.
Easy Ground Beef Recipes
I have a huge list of really cheap Instant Pot recipes that is really popular, all of them cost $10 or less to make and serve a family of 5 easily.
- Cheesy Instant Pot taco casserole is one of everybody’s favorites.
- And then how to make basic Instant Pot hamburgers as well. Yes this is possible y’all!!
- With long grain uncooked rice you can throw in this Instant Pot stuffed pepper soup and it cooks amazingly well all together.
What can I do with ground beef in the Instant Pot?
There are SO many things. If you want to just cook the meat like you would in a skillet you can do just that. For that you’d just use the saute function. Add a bit of olive oil so it doesn’t stick and add your hamburger. Break it up and press off once it is browned on the outside to your liking.
If you forgot to defrost you can also cook Instant Pot frozen ground beef in it. I will explain both methods in the recipe card below for you.
Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes
- If your ground beef is defrosted then hit saute on your pot and add olive oil. Put meat in and break up into smaller pieces. Cook until browned. Add seasonings and stir. Turn pot off and serve.
- For frozen ground beef in Instant Pot you need to add 1 c of water into the inner pot and then lower down a trivet. Set meat on top and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes with a 10 minute natural release. Drain water and saute meat, breaking up into small pieces and cook as you'd like.
Instant Pot Hamburger Recipes
- Instant Pot chili uses some tomato sauce, beans and meat with a bit of chili powder
- Easy Cheesy Instant Pot goulash
Porcupine meatballs in Instant Pot are super yummy and cheap too.
We made this Instant Pot hamburger and rice meal, dirty rice if you want to call it that. Was a hit with ground sausage too.
Ninja Foodi Hamburger Recipes
- Hearty Instant Pot stuffed cabbage casserole is amazing, or Instant Pot cheesesteak pasta with bell peppers
Flavorful Instant Pot taco meat takes beef in the Instant Pot to the next level.
- Stuff it inside homemade tortillas
- Or make Instant Pot taco bowls
- Want low carb, try our Instant Pot hamburger soup sometime
We love our pressure cooker stroganoff recipe here. All you need is a bit of salt and pepper for seasoning.
Pressure Cooker Hamburger recipes
- The best Instant Pot vegetable beef soup
- Kid fave Instant Pot chili mac recipe. Use beef broth instead of water for a ton more flavor.
- #1 recipe is Instant Pot spaghetti. In just 9 minutes with a quick release at the end it is our go to meal for busy nights.
Almost all of these can be “spiced up” with half spicy ground sausage and half hamburger meat too. That is how we add a ton of flavor easily.
Instant Pot stuffed pepper casserole is easier than how you ate these as a child.
Best Hamburger Recipes
Easy Instant Pot lasagna is fun if you want a traditional Italian dish but a lot less work. Skip those floppy hard to handle noodles and use small shells or any other shape you want.
It has all the flavor and ingredients but NO Layering or boiling required beforehand.
- Love this Instant Pot low carb goulash so you can have comfort food and still watch your carb intake.
- Pressure cooker meatloaf and potatoes cooks both dishes at the same time!
If you’ve never made stuffed peppers before they are really tasty. I have the recipe below, as well as one for stuffed pepper casserole above.
They are both yummy but the casserole is a bit easier to make if you’re looking for super simple.
- I recommend using a wooden spoon when sauteeing your meat to avoid scratching the pot.
- Ground beef is so very versatile and really inexpensive too. There are a multitude of ways to use it and many are quite healthy if you buy 90/10 and drain the grease.
I have found that using ground turkey works just as well most of the time. It just has a different texture.
- I recommend you getting 1 because I use it to make dinners and desserts all the time.
- Instant Pot lasagna soup is one of our favorites when it is chilly and snowy outside
- Using hamburger you can make some Instant Pot enchiladas for dinner too!
- Keto low carb chili is great if you’re following this restrictive diet
- Make Instant Pot taco meat for a quick meal
- This cheesy Instant Pot ground beef and rice casserole is amazing
I mean, you can’t go wrong with adding cheese to really any of these creations.
Stirred in at the end and/or sprinkled on top and gently place lid back on so it melts, both turn everything amazing.
- Cheesy Instant Pot nacho soup is great. Just saute the meat until it’s no longer pink and then throw in your other ingredients.
- Ground beef is great inside Instant Pot cheeseburger macaroni
And of course we have a lot more Instant Pot hamburger recipes for you here too! If we missed one of your favorites leave us a note in the comments below so we can try it.
- Keto chili dog pot pie casserole in the Instant Pot
- Barbecue bacon meatloaf uses just the pressure cook function and comes out really tender.
- Then try our Instant Pot enchilada casserole
- Instant Pot bolognese sauce is wonderful too
- Lebanese Hashweh ground beef and rice is a fun new idea
Try Instant Pot sloppy joes on small slider buns for fun.
If you are new to using a pressure cooker I would recommend starting with my easy spaghetti recipe.
It is fast, not hard to follow, and only needs a few inexpensive ingredients. It is pretty much a no fail recipe that is one of my most popular one.
Ground Beef Recipe Ninja Foodi
- Instant Pot sloppy joes is a great recipes that all kids love
- This easy Instant Pot hamburger stroganoff
- Pressure cooker vegetable beef and rice soup is a winner during the Winter time
- Low carb soup with ground beef
- Yummy Instant Pot salsbury steak here uses hamburger
I rarely if ever use the slow cooker function but if you have and love a recipe using it please let me know. I’d love to add that to our list too.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest!
- You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉