The best Instant Pot soup recipes around are here for you to choose from! Get our your pressure cooker this winter and try something new for dinner. Creamy and healthy options all made in less than 30 minutes and sure to please everyone in your family, even your kids.
Oh yes I am in love with my Instant Pot and have made so many easy Instant Pot recipes in it this year! Since I got it in December it was kinda’ chilly outside so I started with quite a few Instant Pot soup recipes and they were great! SO quick to make and just a feel good comfort food when it’s rainy or yucky outside. (originally published 1/18)
Pair it with a basket full of bread and it’s the perfect dinner idea as far as we are concerned.
Here is a roundup of many of them all in one place so when you’re looking for a quick pressure cooker soup you can refer back and try something new!
And a video of a few of our favorites:
Why make pressure cooker soup versus just using your stovetop?
- It’s a lot faster
- You don’t have to stand by the stove to make sure it doesn’t bubble over
- It creates a more flavorful soup because of the pressure cooking process
- You don’t have to presoak dry beans if adding those into your soups
Let us know which recipe you like the best or if there is another one you’ve tried that you love and we should add to our list!
List of our favorite Instant Pot soup recipes
- Instant Pot split pea soup
- Instant Pot nacho soup
- Instant Pot minestrone soup
- Pressure cooker french onion soup
- Instant Pot cheeseburger soup
- Instant Pot Italian wedding soup
- Instant Pot barley soup
- Easy Instant Pot taco soup recipe
- Instant Pot chicken noodle soup
- Instant Pot vegetable beef soup
- Instant Pot lasagna soup
- Pressure cooker broccoli cheese soup
It doesn’t really need to be freezing outside for us to make soup for dinner. It is always a feel good comfort food that is easy to throw together, no matter which one you make, cheap to make and basically I can just throw some rolls in the oven and have a complete meal done in under 30 minutes.
HUGE win for busy moms I say.
I have this 6 qt. Instant Pot, and just ordered the 3 qt. to try it out too but the recipe would be the same if you had an 8 qt. too. As with any other of my pressure cooker recipes I do not recommend doubling recipes unless it still stays under the 3/4 mark inside the pot.
For me I can’t double most of these in my 6 qt. or there would be too much inside to turn out properly.
There are 5 of us so I really wouldn’t need to do that anyway…but just a tip….here’s a few more of our favorite Instant Pot soup recipes for the record. 😉
If you’re looking for a healthy Instant Pot soup I would recommend the 3 above, my Italian wedding soup, minestrone, and you like split pea soup this one is amazing and so cheap to make too!
NO soaking is required to make this which is nice (because who has time for that) and it’s super healthy with only a few ingredients.
If you’re looking for veggie filled soups there is butternut and carrot below too…great choices.
Soups really are dump and go which I love and very filling serving all of us for usually less than $15 which is a huge win in my opinion.
This Instant Pot stuffed cabbage casserole can be made into a soup easily by just adding an extra 2 c. of beef broth to the recipe.
- Instant Pot potato leek soup
- Instant Pot Italian pepperoni soup
- Curried butternut squash soup
- Carrot soup made in the Instant Pot
- Smoked sausage white bean vegetable soup
- Instant Pot chicken and lentil soup
- Chicken Pho soup
- Golden lentil and spinach soup
- Pressure cooker stuffed pepper sausage soup, I also have an Instant Pot stuffed pepper casserole that is amazing you should try too.
- Instant Pot Chicken tortilla soup
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉