Have you tried Instant Pot cheeseburger soup yet?? It’s a fun pressure cooker meal that your kids will love and will make you come back for seconds.
Do you have one of these fancy multi cooker pressure cooker machines yet?? Well we have been creating easy Instant Pot recipes for over a year now and we’re not slowing down now that it is summertime. If you don’t have one you can make this Instant Pot cheeseburger soup on your stovetop too but let me tell you this machine is great if you’re a busy family like we are and need to get dinner on the table quickly. I’ll show you step by step how to make this creamy and cheesy ground beef chowder soup of sorts that my kids love and it makes my mouth water too. Special thanks goes out to Snapfish for sponsoring this post so we could share our recipe and what we used to make it with you today.
Are you ready for some fun in the kitchen??
This one is really easy….but then again all of my recipes are easy to make!
First thing you’ll need is a cutting board to dice up a few things, isn’t this one cute??!!
Made with my name on it and a great gift idea if you ask me (hello Mother’s Day and Christmas), with different designs to choose from and personalized for that special person in your life!
You’ll need to dice:
- Bacon – okay so you can omit this but why would you??!!
- Green onion or chives
Oh, my apron you ask…yep that is personalized through Snapfish as well! Super cute right??!!
Mine has pictures of all of us cooking something…silly photos I love of each person.
So now that you’re done dicing this is what you’ll need to make our Instant Pot cheeseburger soup, other than the items listed above that you diced
- Ground beef
- Chicken or beef broth – your choice, beef will make it a deeper color, I used chicken broth here
- Heavy cream
- Cheese – I like sharp cheddar
- Sour cream
- Cornstarch – to thicken the broth
Now let’s get moving!
Okay so whether you use your stovetop or your Instant Pot you’ll want to cook your ground beef and diced onions in the same pot you make your entire soup in. I personally leave the little bit of grease that is left over in the pot for added flavor but you can drain it, your choice.
Once that is done you’re going to add everything else except for the cheese and cook it for just 3 minutes!!
That’s the beauty of cooking in a pressure cooker.
I used leftover bacon from the day before but if you don’t have that you can cook your diced bacon in with your ground beef and onions and really meld those flavors together!
Once it’s done you’re going to add most of your cheese and stir until it melts which won’t take long.
Thicken the soup with a bit of cornstarch and you’re ready to top with a bit more cheese and green onions!
This is what it looks like!
Now that you have the idea here is the printable recipe.
Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
- 1 lb hamburger could use ground sausage if you prefer
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 8 pcs bacon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp seasoned salt we used Lawry's
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 c chicken broth could use beef broth
- 2 c cheese
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 3 tbsp cornstarch to thicken if desired
- 1/2 c sour cream optional, for topping at end.
- Set Instant Pot to saute and add butter, ground beef and diced onions. Cook until most of pink in ground beef is cooked (3/4 way or so). (if your bacon isn't already cooked you can dice it and add it in now to cook it all together.)
- Dice celery and cooked bacon and add into pot, if you haven't added the bacon already. Turn your Instant Pot off.
- Add seasoned salt and garlic powder, stir together. Pour in chicken or beef broth and stir.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to pressure high for 3 minutes. Do a quick release when done.
- Turn pressure cooker off and then press saute, normal, again and add heavy cream and 1 1/2 c. of your cheese. Stir allowing cheese to melt.
- Add some of this hot liquid soup to a bowl with your cornstarch and whisk together, then add back into the Instant Pot and stir so it thickens.
- Turn Instant Pot off, stir in remaining 1/2 c of cheese and serve topped with additional shredded cheese and chives/green onions or a dollop of sour cream.
Now you’re silly to think this Instant Pot cheeseburger soup is just for the winter time, we eat it year round!
It is easy to do using a pressure cooker because you don’t have to turn on your stovetop or oven so it won’t heat up the house at all.
When I am trying to really spend quality time with my kids during the summertime any little tricks help and a 3 minute meal helps a lot!
They spend a lot of time jump jump jumping and in our pool (yep, cute personalized towel from Snapfish alert here too)
Ladle some in a bowl and enjoy a nice day outside together….I guarantee everyone will love it!