Ninja Foodi chicken recipes are here!! From frozen to fresh, using your pressure cooker or air fryer function there are lots of dinner ideas to choose from.
Now that you have your new pressure cooker and air fryer you’re probably looking for easy Ninja Foodi recipes right?! Here’s a roundup of Ninja Foodi chicken recipes! Get ready for a months worth of lunch and dinner ideas you will want to share with your friends. (originally published 6/19, affiliate links present)
Quick Ninja Foodi Chicken Recipes
Of course we have made a lot more pressure cooker and air fryer recipes than these. We’ve even narrowed things down and you can now find more healthy Ninja Foodi recipes here.
Sometimes you want to narrow things down though to just chicken! From chicken thighs to breasts and air fryer chicken wings we have it all. Not just cooking from fresh either, we have tips on how to reheat chicken tenders in air fryer too.
Here are a few resources to start with:
- This is the Ninja Cooking system we got
- it will allow you to air fry everything and more
- It’s the first model, the newer ones are smaller
- Some ask the price but it varies because of shipping and taxes and whether it’s being shipped to Hawaii or Alaska territories.
Check here to see the current price, International addresses are subject to additional fees.
Join my Ninja Foodi EASY Recipes Facebook group for recipes and to hear about exclusive offers. Then you’ll see things like how to make air fryer popcorn chicken and a lot more daily. Everyone is welcome to share their creation so you can get tons of ideas from people around the world, and share what you’ve made too.
That is where I got the idea to make a sort of French onion chicken in Ninja Foodi meal. I always use onions for all the things since they are so cheap but pack a punch of flavor. Adding slices of cheese at the end gave it creaminess but still a great source of protein. Kids even love this one.
- You can grab a recipe book here.
- Pick up MY cookbook too!
- You’ll find more Ninja Foodi air fryer recipes here too.
You can make some of these in a Ninja Foodi Grill too. If you have that one it comes with two functions. You can grill and air fry. That does cut down the meals you can make since you cannot pressure cook in it but is a nice option to “barbecue” when it is cold and rainy outside.
Ninja Foodi chicken breast recipes
We will show you how to cook these kebabs you see here below too in the printable recipe card. Those can have all different sort of vegetables on the stick, use what is in season and your favorites.
Chicken Breast Ninja Foodi Recipes
If you’re looking for healthy electric pressure cooker recipes and air fryer meals or pressure cooker leftover chicken recipes, we’ve got them! This is a great start right??
- Start with our easy BBQ Ninja Foodi chicken breast recipe, or add some sauce and only use air crisp with air fryer bbq chicken.
- Best one pot meal is our Ninja Foodi chicken and vegetables dish.
- Then you can move on to some pressure cooker apricot chicken that is sweet and perfect on rice.
- If you’re forgetful (like me) you might need instructions for Ninja Foodi frozen chicken legs sometime.
- Already defrosted? Then you can make air fryer chicken legs with flour so they get real crispy like KFC.
- Ninja Foodi chicken cutlets are lightly breaded and can be made into strips for little fingers.
Love spicy stuff??!! Make a pot of shredded Ninja Foodi buffalo chicken. Throw it on to sliders for a fun appetizer or dinner idea.
Ninja Foodi Chicken Recipes Healthy
If you need a gluten free chicken option we have that too. Use our Fried Chicken in Air Fryer without Flour instructions for that one.
- We first created a list of easy pressure cooker chicken recipes, now we’re talking specifically about Ninja Foodi recipes.
- This buttermilk chicken legs in air fryer recipe is the best.
- For a complete meal with veggies, try our old fashioned cabbage soup
If you want something quick, you can throw in bagged/frozen orange chicken in air fryer and it’s amazing!
Panda Express has one of our favorites so we thought we’d figure out how to make Ninja Foodi black pepper chicken at home. It came out great so we shared it here on our site.
These will include dinners and side dishes cooked with the saute, pressure cooker, and air crisp functions. I honestly don’t use anything other than those 3.
Let me start by saying that you can use all of my 101+ Instant Pot recipes in the Foodi.
They work the same using your pressure cooker function. The only difference is now you have a crisping lid to make everything crispy and delicious!
Let’s start with a few classic Ninja Foodi chicken recipes your kids will rave over!
- Our first one is the Campbells chicken and rice dish but cooked using the pressure cooker function.
- We also have this creamy pressure cooker chicken and rice casserole and Ninja Foodi Mexican chicken and rice too.
- Want to add noodles instead? Try Ninja Foodi chicken pasta instead.
- Pressure cooker cheesy chicken spaghetti is always a hit. Just throw it all in, turn knob to seal position and quick release when done.
Then make a batch of homemade air fryer chicken tenders no breading! If you need low carb but they want tons of flavor these will satisfy you both. We have directions for frozen air fryer chicken strips here as well as Ninja Foodi homemade chicken nuggets too.
Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
If you have kids, these Ninja Foodi chicken legs will surely be a hit. Use barbecue sauce or teriyaki marinade for a yummy and healthy meal.
- These air fryer frozen chicken nuggets is a quick meal you can serve with pressure cooker Mexican rice.
- Using wings I would try this spicy air fryer firecracker chicken recipe.
For a healthier idea, try our air fryer chicken leg quarters with bbq sauce or tahini chicken with sauce.
- Want homemade Ninja Foodi chicken tenders?? We have made those too wrapped in bacon!
- For an Asian flare, try our air fryer chicken katsu recipe.
- Try our pressure cooker lemon chicken too that is delicious with thighs.
Then throw in this Ninja Foodi chicken recipe where you can make an air fryer whole chicken using just air crisp, or pressure cook and then crisp. Want to do the same thing with game hens? Follow our Ninja Foodi cornish hen recipe.
Ninja Foodi Boneless Chicken Recipes
Hate wasting all the things that come with your bird? Boil and bread the things in that bag and make air fryer chicken gizzards with them! Seriously they are really good this way. Not feeling great?? Try this feel good soup or pressure cooker chicken noodle soup to feel better.
Want a heartier meal??
- Make our pressure cooker chicken noodle casserole too! A family fave.
- Only have frozen? No problem, give our frozen chicken and noodles pressure cooker recipe.
- Want something totally different but surprisingly delicious? Try Ninja Foodi peanut butter chicken!
- Cornish hen in air fryer is a protein packed healthy meal.
- Then try Ninja Foodi chicken taco bowls that everyone will love.
- If you want more veggies our air fryer corn is so simple to pair with any dish.
One of our favorites has to be this air fryer chicken teriyaki. OH MY this and our air fryer sesame chicken is good with some brown rice in bowls for dinner.
- Below is shredded chicken. It can be used for a variety of meals including tacos, bowls, burritos or sliders!
How do you cook frozen chicken in the Ninja Foodi using the pressure cooker function?
- Or frozen chicken breast in air fryer…we have directions for both.
It’s really quite simple! Directions in the link above.
- Tip: Defrosting and cooking frozen chicken breasts in a pressure cooker is ideal for making shredded chicken but not fantastic for eating whole in my opinion.
They’ll get tender and perfect for mixing with a tasty sauce and making shredded chicken soft tacos but whole they have an interesting texture.
Love pressure cooker casseroles? Most of ours take less than 15 minutes to cook. Now that is a FAST cook time!
Just set to high and when it’s done you quick release on your pressure release valve and add a layer of cheese to melt on the top if you want!
I am totally obsessed with this machine I tell you!
Love Chinese food? Try our Ninja Foodi Asian chicken some night for sure.
Adding together all the meat, noodles or rice and vegetables makes a complete one pot meal we love.
- Some have substituted diced rotisserie chicken into our pressure cooker tuna casserole and loved it.
- Add precooked or fresh chicken into this Ninja Foodi pad thai some night.
- Pressure cooker chicken enchiladas have been popular, as well as pineapple chicken.
- Our pressure cooker Dorito casserole is fun with kids.
This crack chicken casserole below has been a huge hit, or Ninja Foodi crack chicken without the noodles.
Looking for the best Ninja Foodi wings ?? This one uses a dry rub and is so good you need NO sauce for extra flavor.
They’re a much healthier way to cook chicken wings, but get as crispy as if you deep fried them.
- With that said we have a lot more air fryer dinner recipes you can use in your Foodi this week too.
- Like our air fryer chicken thighs or marinated chicken in air fryer recipe.
- This chicken parmesan casserole is great using the pressure cooking function with pasta. Or use the other carb to make Ninja Foodi cheesy chicken and rice instead.
- And air fryer chicken parmesan is great.
We also have a lot of pressure cooker chicken soup recipes to try.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Air fryer chicken skewers
Ninja Foodi Chicken Recipes
- 2 chicken breasts boneless, skinless, cut into 2" bite size pieces
- 1 zucchini cut into 1" slices
- 1 red onion cut into 1" slices
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 c olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put diced chicken into a bowl. In another bowl whisk together the garlic, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano and olive oil.
- Pour over chicken, toss to coat. Marinate on the counter for at least 15 minutes, can leave in fridge overnight for stronger flavor.
- When ready to cook put cut vegetables in a bowl and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil. Then sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Measure skewers to ensure they are the right length to fit inside your air fryer basket first. Cut/break to fit.
- Use wood skewers and alternate 1 pc. of chicken, then a tomato, zucchini, then onion piece until everything is used up.
- Put prepared kebabs in air fryer basket at 380 degrees for 15-18 minutes flipping halfway through until chicken is done all the way through.
Wednesday 3rd of March 2021
Hi, Amazing article. Look like you are an expert chef and the recipe looks so delicious. I will definitely try it
Monday 1st of February 2021
Hi there, I am so loving your recipes. I have been going nuts looking for help on using my new Foodi. I have a question regarding the pressure cooker. Do I have to add water to everything that I pressure cook? Sometimes I get a flashing message that says “WATER” so I have to open the lid and add water, but I noticed you do not say to do that in your recipes. I mean the ones that are not liquid based. Can you help me out? Thanks bunches!
The Typical Mom
Tuesday 2nd of February 2021
Yes water must be added for pressure cooking however if you're adding things like broth, salsa, or other things with liquid you don't have to add additional water.
Wednesday 6th of May 2020
Good information, but way too many ads. Cannot recommend this website or blog. It does not flow well at all. Too many ads, links, and needs updated view. Hard to visually follow.
Saturday 2nd of May 2020
Hi there, I am so loving your recipes. I have been going nuts looking for help on using my new Foodi. I have a question regarding the pressure cooker. Do I have to add water to everything that I pressure cook? Sometimes I get a flashing message that says "WATER" so I have to open the lid and add water, but I noticed you do not say to do that in your recipes. I mean the ones that are not liquid based. Can you help me out? Thanks bunches!
Tuesday 14th of April 2020
How can I get a book for the recipe’s you have for the foodie, I have the full book but doesn’t have the ones I have seen in your post, I especially like the boneless chicken thighs?
The Typical Mom
Wednesday 15th of April 2020
I don't offer all of my recipes in book form though you can print each recipe at the bottom of each post and create your own book of them