Pressure cooker chicken noodle casserole is the comfort food you dream of for dinner made right in your Instant Pot in less than 10 minutes flat! YUM.
Have you ever made chicken noodle soup and wished it was a bit heartier?? Well this pressure cooker chicken noodle casserole is the answer! Kind of like a pasta filled chicken pot pie in your Instant Pot that’s filled with a variety of vegetables and a thick creamy sauce. I know….it’s going to become one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes from us too.
- We have made many different Instant Pot casseroles because that’s what I grew up on, but now they can be made a lot faster in our multi cooker pot.
It’s a great leftover chicken recipe or a quick throw together dinner if you pick up a rotisserie chicken at the store.
We used rotisserie this time (fresh chicken can be used as well, will share all variations in recipe card below).
If you’ve been following The Typical Mom blog for a while you know I am all about easy pressure cooker recipes and this is one of the easiest.
- I typically don’t use precooked chicken I do like to have a few recipes using leftover chicken recipes in my back pocket, like my pressure cooker chicken and rice recipe, because I just hate wasting food.
Here’s what it looks like once it is done and I’m thickening it up at the very end.
Cheese is wonderful when added in at the very end…we’re cheese obsessed around here.
This is what you need to make our pressure cooker chicken noodle casserole recipe
- Chicken breasts – we used 2 rotisserie chicken breasts, can use leftover chicken or diced fresh boneless chicken
- Frozen vegetables – could use canned mixed vegetables, drained
- Small noodles – we used farfalle but small penne would work well too
- Cream of chicken soup
- Chicken broth
- Cornstarch – to thicken it up
- Half and half
- Cheese – lots of cheese for us, use as little or much as you want
I promise you this will become your new family favorite “we have no time to cook tonight” meal!
Other easy Instant Pot chicken recipes you will love:
- Tips on how to cook frozen chicken in the Instant Pot (in case all you have is frozen)
- Instant Pot chicken thighs bone in recipe
- Instant Pot chicken noodle soup
Here is the printable recipe to follow:
Pressure Cooker Chicken Noodle Casserole
- If using precooked chicken (leftovers or rotisserie are great) make sure it is diced into bite size pieces and put it into your pressure cooker.If using fresh chicken (make sure pieces are diced into small bite size pieces) set pot to saute with 1 tbsp olive oil and cook until outsides are no longer pink. Then turn pot off.
- Add mixed vegetables, uncooked noodles, and garlic salt into your pot with your chicken.
- In a bowl whisk together your broth and cream of chicken soup so it is smooth/well combined. Dump this into your Instant Pot and stir all contents together.
- Close your lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 2 minutes.
- Do a quick release and stir contents. Set your pot to saute again.
- In a bowl whisk together half and half and cornstarch until smooth, pour this mixture into your pot once contents are bubbling.
- Stir, will thicken quickly. Stir in cheese and allow to melt. Turn pot off and pour contents into a serving dish so it doesn't continue to cook and noodles get too soft.