Here’s how to make Instant Pot chicken thighs bone in style with a creamy cream cheese sauce your family will love. Easy pressure cooker dinner is done!
I’m back with some more easy Instant Pot recipes this week! This time we have a cream cheese pressure cooker chicken thighs bone in recipe to share with you so you can enjoy the yumminess too. It’s a great recipe our whole family loved with a side of mashed potatoes. (affiliate links present)
Chicken is a staple our house and I love Instant Pot chicken thighs bone in pieces because:
- They’re super cheap
- They have so much more natural flavor to them vs. breasts
- Chicken thighs are really tender
Of course you can get boneless chicken thighs for either of these easy Instant Pot chicken recipes but I find that they are much more expensive and it isn’t really worth the added expense to have the bone removed, but that is totally up to you.
This is what you need to make these Instant Pot bone in chicken thighs (or boneless)
- Chicken thighs – bone in timing is shared, if boneless I might decrease timing by 1-2 minutes
- Chicken stock
- Cream cheese
- Fresh spinach
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Now there are 3 steps to making the best Instant Pot chicken thighs.
We browned the chicken thighs first. You’ll use the saute function for this to get the outside cooked just a bit. To go thru all of them you’ll cook for 10 minutes or so total.
- Then remove the chicken thighs so you can deglaze your Instant Pot after this step to get all the browned bits off so it doesn’t trigger the burn notice.
Return your chicken and use the pressure cooker function to cook your chicken thighs.
When they are done you will pop them into the oven using the broil function to get those skins nice and a bit crispy like you see here above.
- Of course you can feel free to skip this last step but I will tell you that 5 minutes will make all the difference in the oohs and ahhhhs you’ll get when your thighs are done.
While they’re in the broiler you’re going to make the sauce right in your pressure cooker……
Pour the cream cheese sauce right on top and serve!!
Another pressure cooker chicken thighs recipe I’ve made were these Instant Pot spicy teriyaki chicken thighs with the bone in which turned out absolutely amazing.
- You can adjust the heat level or just leave the Sriracha out all together in these.
- I haven’t tried it with boneless skinless chicken thighs but I’d imagine it would work just fine.
- I’d try this recipe next, you’ll love them too
I typically serve both dishes with some Instant Pot white rice and it’s the perfect meal we say.
- It’s also good with a side of pressure cooker baked potatoes, green beans, they’re part of our list of cheap Instant Pot recipes to enjoy.
After you’re through enjoying this easy pressure cooker dinner idea, try these:
- Instant Pot crack chicken casserole
- Pressure cooker cheesy chicken spaghetti
- You should try our Pressure cooker beer can chicken
- I also share these Pressure cooker frozen whole chicken instructions
Here’s the printable and my recipe notes.
Instant Pot Chicken Thighs Bone In
- 6 chicken thighs 6-8 depending on size
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 c chicken stock or broth
- 8 oz cream cheese softened, cubed
- 2 c spinach fresh
- 1/2 c sun dried tomatoes diced, optional
- 1 c parmesan grated
- Set pressure cooker to saute
- Mix the dried basil, dried oregano, dried thyme, salt and ½ teaspoon garlic powder. Rub on all sides of chicken thighs. (or sprinkle on thighs when you saute them)
- Add olive oil to pressure cooker and in batches, brown the chicken thighs on both sides. Turn pressure cooker OFF, important step to allow it to cool down. Deglaze pot after this step.
- When all chicken thighs are browned, place in a circle standing around the edges. Pour chicken stock/broth into the middle.
- Close and set the value to sealing. Set the pressure cooker to high and cook for 10 minutes. Naturally release for 5 minutes before a quick release.
- Carefully remove the chicken thighs from the pressure cooker. Place on a baking sheet prepared with non-stick cooking spray. Place in oven set to broil to crisp the skin for about 5 minutes (if you want skin crispy) watching carefully.
- While the chicken broils, switch the pressure cooker to saute again and heat the juices to boiling. Whisk in the cream cheese until melted (make sure it is room temp or it won't melt smooth).
- Add the parmesan cheese and remaining garlic powder. When the sauce has reduced to your desired consistency, add the sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. Stir to combine and serve with chicken over pasta or as desired.
- If you want the sauce to be thicker put 2 tbsp cornstarch in a bowl with 2 tbsp cold water and whisk together, then dump into pot. Stir and allow to thicken on saute as it bubbles it will thicken.