This pressure cooker cheesy chicken spaghetti was a real hit for dinner tonight! If you love easy Ninja Foodi and Instant Pot recipes this is a weeknight dinner you’ll want to make.
I’m here with pressure cooker cheesy chicken spaghetti to add to our long list of easy Instant Pot recipes. If you’re ready to amp regular Instant Pot spaghetti up to the next level with cheese and a bit of a kick this is the next dinner you need to make! (originally published 10/18, affiliate links present)
Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti
This one pot meal is done in less than 20 minutes!!! You can make it in your Crockpot Express or as an easy Ninja foodi recipe too.
That means it’s a real winner. The only real prep is to cube chicken breasts and dice your onion up. The rest you can just dump in, pressure cook, lift the lid and stir!
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this —–> Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
Ninja Foodi Chicken Spaghetti
That’s my kinda’ easy pressure cooker recipe. I got the idea for our pressure cooker cheesy chicken spaghetti recipe from a viewer actually!
She messaged me on The Typical Mom Facebook page and asked if I had a recipe for easy chicken spaghetti and I didn’t. I said it was a great idea though and I would attempt it the next week.
The beauty of this method is that the cook time for spaghetti is like cut in thirds. A busy family like us needs all the help we can get y’all. I often forget what time it is and realize around 4pm that oh, everyone is starving I probably need to figure something out. So there’s that…..
Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
I made my first version which I share at the very bottom of this page.
- Then on the second go around I switched things around a bit and used Velveeta instead of shredded cheese. That is a substitution you can make too for a much richer flavor. I include both recipes below.
The Velveeta version has more of a kick to it (a bit of heat) because I swapped out some chicken broth for another can of Rotel.
You can decide which recipe you’d like to try. They’re both yummy.
No need for cooking the chicken ahead of time. You can just add everything and have it cook together. Use leftover chicken or fresh. Watch the video that’s embedded in this post first, then follow these simple written steps:
Pressure Cooker Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
Time needed: 8 minutes.
Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti
Add your cubed chicken, diced onions, and 1 can of rotel into your Instant Pot. Stir so everything is mixed well.
Break your noodles into 3 equal parts and sprinkle on top of your chicken mixture.
Pour your 2nd can of rotel on top of your noodles. Whisk together your cans of cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup and chicken broth, pour on top of noodles but do NOT stir.
Close your lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 8 minutes cook time. Quick release the pressure and remove the lid.
Stir contents and break up any noodles/chicken pieces that may be stuck together a bit.
Turn your pot to saute. Serve now if you don’t want cheese, it’s delicious as is.
Dice your Velveeta (or room temp. cream cheese if you’d rather) into smaller chunks of cheese and add into your pot. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce thickens.
* Honestly the longer this sits the better it gets and is amazing the next day as leftovers. And I might even admit that it is better the next day reheated too. 😉
Pressure cooker chicken spaghetti
This version uses Velveeta as stated below in the recipe card. I have another version above the printable card that does not use it. Choose either one.
- Pressure cooker
- If you have an Instant Pot I HIGHLY recommend getting this non stick pot. Great for all recipes & to help prevent burn notice.
- Velveeta – half a block, or I found a package with 5 smaller blocks and used 3 of the 5 pieces, about 10 oz.
- Cream of mushroom
- Cream of chicken
- Spaghetti noodles
- Chicken breasts – boneless, skinless, diced
- 1/2 cup diced onions and bell peppers could be added if you’d like
Leave these out entirely if you have really picky eaters at home that don’t like any sort of crunchy items or onions at all.
Other version using shredded cheese and very little heat is below this recipe card. After this try our pressure cooker jambalaya too!
If you’re looking for a milder version of cheesy Instant Pot chicken spaghetti here is another recipe you can try which is good as well.
This is a picture of the above recipe that has real cheese in it versus velveeta and doesn’t have a kick like the first recipe does.
- I would say if I had to choose from the 2 I would opt for the velveeta version but honestly I usually use what I have in the house so it depends on the night.
There is a decent amount of sodium in packaged cheese so salt and pepper is not necessary. There will not be a lack of flavor for sure.
Looking for more pressure cooker chicken recipes? We have a ton of them on our site but have listed below a couple favorites that pair with this well.
- 3 ingredient Instant Pot recipes make things easier when you’re a busy family
- You need to try our easy Instant Pot butter chicken with some Naan some night
- Instant Pot brussel sprouts could be a great side dish with any protein
- You could make pressure cooker bread to serve with this
- How to cook fresh or frozen Instant Pot chicken is shared here
If you love traditional Instant Pot spaghetti we have instructions for that too. It is the ONLY way I make this “old fashioned” dinner because it takes no time at all. This too requires no boiling and is all cooked in one pot.
Can you cook spaghetti noodles in an Instant Pot?
You can really use your Instant Pot to cook any type of pasta. Just sprinkle it in with liquid or other ingredients like our chicken spaghetti and set to 9 minutes.
- This will ensure it will come out just a touch al dente. Nobody likes mushy noodles!
- Take note that the Instant Pot will spend about 10-11 minutes heating up before it begins to reach pressure and start to cook
- SO, if you set it for 4 minutes, the whole process will take about 15 minutes.
You can find many more Instant Pot pasta recipes here as well, enjoy friends!
Instant Pot chicken spaghetti
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti
- 2 chicken breasts approx 1 lbs., boneless, skinless, cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cans rotel
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles uncooked, broken into thirds (basically half a box you’d find in the store)
- 8 oz velveeta or 3 blocks if you buy the 5 block pack
- 1/2 c chicken broth
- Add your cubed chicken, diced onions, and 1 can of rotel into your Instant Pot. Stir so everything is mixed well.
- Break your noodles into 3 equal parts and sprinkle on top of your chicken mixture.
- Pour your 2nd can of rotel on top of your noodles. Whisk together your cans of cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup and chicken broth, pour on top of noodles but do NOT stir.
- Close your lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Do a quick release and lift lid.
- Stir contents and break up any noodles/chicken pieces that may be stuck together a bit. Turn your pot to saute. Serve now if you don’t want cheese, it’s delicious as is.
- Dice your velveeta into smaller chunks of cheese and add into your pot. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce thickens.
- * Honestly the longer this sits the better it gets and is amazing the next day as leftovers.