Tons of breaded air fryer fish recipes and more with no breading at all. Healthy and crispy dinner options your whole family will love night after night.
Cooking fresh or even frozen fish in your Air Fryer doesn’t have to be hard. These simple Air Fryer Fish Recipes will show you just how simple it can be! Then move on to make even more easy air fryer recipes and you’ll be a pro in no time. (originally published 4/20, affiliate links present)
- We love air fryer fish!!
- Here we will share how to cook cod, tilapia, salmon, shrimp and more.
AND how to make white sauce for fish tacos so you can serve them up with all the things….
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
Fish in the air fryer
There’s just something about a delicious piece of perfectly cooked fish that has me coming back for seconds over and over again.
You can make them dipped in an egg mixture, then in bread crumbs before laying them into the air fryer basket.
OR just brush on olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper like our air fryer tuna steak. Either way all these air fry fish recipes are great.
Traditionally battered fish with let’s say tempura will not work in a machine such as this. It needs to be a dry version as you see above here.
- First decide which way you want to go and have some olive oil cooking spray nearby, that will be handy to get it SUPER crunchy on the outside.
- Then print out this free air fryer cook times chart so you can rest easy knowing that it’s going to be cooked to perfection.
Before jumping right into the delicious Air Fryer Fish recipes, it’s time to dig a little bit deeper into what an air fryer is and does.
What is an air fryer?
Besides being one the of best kitchen appliances ever, an air fryer is something that every kitchen needs.
- There are quite a few models, I have 4 of them.
- Our Ninja Foodi has an added pressure cooker function to it
- The Ninja Foodi Grill can grill foods in it as well as air fry everything
- This electric air fryer from Cosori is used weekly
Below is our large air fryer that’s great for larger families with multiple racks
Why do I love using these kitchen appliances so much?
- They quickly cook your food by circulating hot air around without the need of any oil
- Every awesome recipe comes out crispy and perfectly cooked each and every time
Fish flakes easily with a fork and is tender on the inside with the crunchy outsides I love. You don’t even need much breading like our air fryer catfish.
- Most recipes only take 8-10 minutes total!
Do you need any more reasons than that?
If you’re looking for the perfect Air Fryer to buy, here’s the one that we have and love!
Ninja Foodi – It’s like a combination machine where an air fryer combines with a pressure cooker that can knock out literally any recipe.
- New to the air fryer world? Here’s a free Ninja Foodi cookbook to help you find a ton of simple air fryer recipes without having to search too hard.
- Plus, if you’re here for recipes, you’ll want to bookmark this page with Ninja Foodi recipesthat you’re certain to love as well.
Do you have to put oil in your air fryer?
The short answer, no. You don’t. You can if you want, but you don’t have to. Why?
- because the hot air circulates to cook your food, oil free
Just bread (or season if it is something lite like our air fryer frozen shrimp recipe) and pop them right inside your basket!
Can you bake in an air fryer?
Absolutely. Didn’t I mention that this kitchen appliance can do anything? You can bake desserts etc with ease.
What foods can you cook in an Air Fryer?
There are so many options. You can cook:
- Side dishes like air fryer hushpuppies that are great with any of these choices
You can really cook all types of frozen foods in this thing!
If you want to cook it, you can! Seriously. It’s that simple.
While I feel like so many people tend to focus on cooking chicken, beef, and pork, what about all the amazing fish fillets and meals out there just waiting to be cooked?
We love to eat fish in our household, so I can vouch that the air fryer knows what it’s doing when cooking fish. These simple recipes are great to have on hand to change up your weekly meal plan!
- Many of these can be found on our low carb air fryer recipes list too.
Air Fryer Fish Recipes
- Best Air Fryer Salmon Cakes– Keto friendly and delicious? You’ll never want to go back to eating fish any other way after this air fryer recipe.
- Air Fryer Southern Fried Catfish– Your taste buds won’t believe the flavor of this air fryer fish recipe. Its southern cooking meets crunch, and it’s phenomenal.
- Use any fillets to make air fryer fish tacos.
Our air fryer calamari is a fun appetizer or side dish too.
If you’d rather use low carb Panko breadcrumbs we have an air fryer fried fish recipe here you can try too.
Air Fryer Fried Fish
- Cut your whole, skinless fillets in half so the pieces are thinner and smaller.
- Put flour on a plate and whisk eggs in a shallow wide bowl. In a third shallow bowl or plate mix Panko with garlic powder and salt.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Dip each piece of fish into flour, on both sides, shake off excess. Then dip into egg on both sides and then into Panko mix. Press mixture on to the outside on both sides of fish.
- Place coated fish into air fryer basket that has been sprayed first with non stick spray.
- Once you have one layer (do not overlap), close basket and cook for 4 minutes. Timing will vary according to how "well done" you want your fish to be and how thick your fillets are (thicker will take longer)
These are all on our list of few ingredient recipes, so if you want an easy meal you’ll be set.
- These Air Fryer Salmon Crouquettes are a simple and delicious way to eat salmon.
- Dip them in some tartar sauce and voila!
- Cajun Crispy Golden Air Fryer Fish– I just can’t describe the “crunch” in enough detail. You have to try it.
Now if you want a quick snack, or your kids just love finger foods, make air fryer fish sticks some day. They’re WAY better than in the oven because it’s a FAST way to make them really crispy and crunchy.
Crispy Air Fryer Fish and Chips– Who doesn’t love the classic dish of fish and chips? And when your air fryer can cook it for you, you let it!
- Air Fryer Baja Fish Tacos– Just when you thought you’d tried fish tacos every which way possible…the air fryer stood up and said, “treat your taste buds with a bite of this!”
- You can use any sort of protein inside these babies, like air fryer mahi mahi, tilapia, catfish or something else you love.
Use cod, tilapia, salmon, catfish or any other type you love.
Crispy Cod Nuggets– Think of them like chicken nuggets…but fish. Bite-sized but full of taste.
- Zesty Ranch Air Fryer Fish Fillets – Who doesn’t love the taste of ranch with their fish fillets?
- We love Air Fryer Fish Tacos with taco sauce. They’re one of those dinners that are just packed full of so much flavor.
Want something that will blow them out of the water?? Use taco seasoning (you heard that right) in with your breadcrumbs to make air fryer fried shrimp tonight.
See? What did I tell you! There are so many great air fryer fish recipes that you have to give them all a try.
But don’t stop there… If you’re on the hunt for other pressure cooker fish recipes you can try these too
- Try these 2 ingredient Air fryer bagels
- For a low carb option, make these Air fryer breakfast stuffed peppers
- Our Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls and sticky buns are to die for
When it comes to using your air fryer, you’ll find out that you love the ease of use. And the other great part?
Cleanup is a breeze as well. Even if you use a little bit of oil, it’s still hardly anything to have to worry about cleaning up.
- Some toaster ovens are now including an air fry function!
What are the benefits of using an air fryer?
There are a ton of great benefits to using an air fryer, but here are some of the top ones:
- Saves time
- saves energy
- creates less mess
- Cooks food with less grease and oil
And if those benefits aren’t enough, trust in your taste buds to show you the way. Cook up one or two (or all 15!) of these delicious air fryer fish recipes and see which one you like best!
Truth be told, you may not be able to choose!
- Then try our Instant Pot fish recipes and you’ll be set for the month!
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉