Free meat smoking chart you can print so you know how long chicken pork or beef takes. Plus what temperature to set your smoker to so it’s perfectly done.
We have a lot of easy easy smoker recipes on The Typical Mom. What else do we like, printables that is what! Making lives easier is what we’re all about so we created this free printable meat smoking chart to make smoking meat at home even easier! (affiliate links present)
Then we will share a few electric smoker recipes we have created over the years below.
Let me start by saying that The Typical Dad typically does all the smoked meats in our house.
He does a phenomenal job! Nothing is too hard for beginners, and he has the best dry rub for steaks ever created. Ok I am a bit bias but I am also quite picky so…..
If you need smoking for beginners tips, here is a bit of information.
- Smoker – we have a simple electric smoker right now but are looking into getting this nicer/larger version since we smoke meats often!
- If you are just beginning a basic model will be fine.
All of the below smoker recipes will work for an electric or other smoker models.
Smoker wood chips or pellets – these are the best wood chips for smoking we think.
Meat thermometer – this is the best meat thermometer for smoker. It can be used in your oven and barbecue too
- There’s nothing worse than overcooking the meat and you’re ready to eat. OR not knowing the correct temperature of the meat to be safe and sickness occurs.
Whether you’re planning on smoking baby back ribs, beef brisket or a pork shoulder, this cooking time sheet will come in handy.
There are so many types of meat to choose from. Start with a small piece of meat first.
Keep in mind that slow cooking at lower smoker temperatures are great for larger pieces.
However some cuts like brisket need a higher temperature to break the meat down. The most important part is to check the internal temperature before serving.
Here are a few smoked meat recipes to start with
- The best way to smoke ribs ever
- Our how to smoke salmon post is wildly popular!
Smoked baked potatoes are the best side dish ever. Cheap as ever but with an amazing flavor with sea salt on the outside.
- You’ve gotta try Smoked hatch chiles to put on top of burgers
- Look at our Smoked bacon wrapped pork chops above!
Here are some pellet grill recipes to try too if you have a Traeger.
- Now print this free smoking meat temperature chart so you how long to smoke meats
We hope this smoking times and temperatures chart will help you create smoker recipes yourself.