If you’re ready for the ultimate dinner that has tons of flavor and NO sauce needed you’ve got to make these smoked bacon wrapped pork chops tonight!
Ok so since we got our smoker a few years ago it has been my husband’s go to way to cook things and I couldn’t be happier! We recently moved to more rural area where it snows and the “thing to do” is stock up on meat throughout the year so we gave it a whirl and bought a pig! Needless to say we now have a lot of wonderful organic pork to use and thus this smoked bacon wrapped pork chops recipe was born. It’s one of our favorite easy smoker recipes.
Of course you don’t have to have an electric smoker to make these and any smoker will do but this is similar to the one we have just for reference. (our specific model is the old model and isn’t really for sale anymore).
- First we made this Instant Pot pulled pork recipe with a pork roast which was amazing and then we moved on to smoking our pig.
I will say that not everything my husband cooks turns out perfect but this and the smoked baked potatoes (post on that coming soon) were perfection!!!
I will include the printable recipe for this but I feel a video is helpful especially if you are new to smoking meats.
This is what you’ll need to make these smoked bacon wrapped pork chops:
- Pork chops – we made 4 which fed the 5 of us
- Bacon – we used 4 slices per pork chop, thick slices
- Spices – listed below in recipe card
- Wood chips – for inside the smoker, we used apple chips out of this box
- Potatoes – will link recipe when that post is done, you can watch the video on how to make those here
On we go……..
Here’s a video showing you how we make them:
Here’s a picture of when the bacon wrapped pork chops were prepped.
As stated in the recipe card below you follow these steps:
- Mix spices together
- Massage pork dry rub on top and bottom of pork chops
- Wrap bacon width wise on to each pork chop – can secure with toothpicks if you want, we didn’t and they were fine
- Make smoked baked potatoes as shown here if desired so you can put them in at the same time
- Put into smoker at 275 degrees
- Took approx 1.5 hrs. to be cooked through and desired “doneness” for us
If you love using your smoker too here are a few other smoker recipes that we love and others rave about!
They. Are. Amazing!
- If you are obsessed with this cut of meat as we are you can also try this easy baked pork chops recipe and smoked pork steaks some other night!
Here’s the printable recipe for our dry pork rub and smoked bacon wrapped pork chops.
Smoked Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops
- 16 slices bacon thicker variety works best
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 tbsp salt we use brand Real Salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- Mix all spices together in a bowl well.
- Massage the dry rub on each pork chop, on the bottom and top.
- Wrap 4 strips of bacon on each pork chop width wise.
- Fill wood chip container, put into smoker and put pork chops on top racks.
- Close door and cook at 275 degrees for 90 minutes (timing may need to be adjusted depending on how thick your chops and bacon are, I would check after 70 minutes).
- Allow to rest when done on counter for at least 5 minutes so juices stay in meat.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉