If you’re ready for the ultimate dinner that has tons of flavor and NO sauce, you’ve got to make these smoked bacon wrapped pork chops!
We recently moved to more rural area where it snows and the “thing to do” is stock up on meat throughout the year. We gave it a whirl recently and bought a pig! Needless to say we now have a lot of wonderful organic pork to use and thus this smoked bacon wrapped pork chops recipe was born. It’s one of our favorite electric smoker recipes. (affiliate links present)
Since we got our smoker a few years ago it has been my husband’s go to way to cook things and I couldn’t be happier!
Electric smoker pork chops
- This is similar to the one we have just for reference.
- First we made this Instant Pot pulled pork recipe with a pork roast which was amazing and then we moved on to smoking our pig.
I will say that not everything my husband cooks turns out perfect. BUT this and the smoked baked potatoes were perfection!!!
Smoked pork chops
- Pork chops – we made 4 which fed the 5 of us, one of the best meats to smoke
- Bacon – we used 4 slices per pork chop, thick slices
- Spices – listed below in recipe card
- Wood chips or wood pellets – for electric smokers we use apple chips
- Potatoes – will link recipe when that post is done, you can watch the video on how to make those here
Here’s a video showing you how we make them:
Bacon wrapped pork chops
As stated in the recipe card below you follow these steps:
- Mix spices together
- Massage pork dry rub on top and bottom of pork chops
- Wrap slices of bacon width wise on to each pork chop. Secure with toothpicks if you want, we didn’t
Make smoked baked potatoes as shown here so you can put them in at the same time
- Put into smoker at 275 degrees
- Took approx 1.5 hrs. to be cooked through and reach an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees
If you love using your smoker too here are a few other smoker recipes that we love and others rave about!
- We share how to smoke salmon here!
- Best way to smoke ribs is with our homemade dry rub
- Whole smoked chicken recipe is easier than ever
These smoked bacon wrapped pork chops are Amazing!
- If you are obsessed with this cut of meat as we are you can also try this easy baked pork chops recipe and smoked pork steaks some other night!
- To make more in your smoker you’ll need this meat smoking chart to know what temp and how long to cook each meat.
- If your smoker doesn’t have a built in digital thermometer you’ll want that too.
Note: Always ensure internal temp of pork is at least 145 degrees. The way to properly check temp is to remove from heat.
Here are a few questions you might have before you get started:
You always want to ensure it reaches 145 degrees F before eating. This will take approximately 90 minutes total once you place them on your grate.
The biggest variance is going to be two fold, the thickness of your chops and whether you add bacon or not. Adding that extra layer will add a bit more time but SO worth it!
NO. Keep an eye on them for sure. If these babies are cooked for even 5 minutes too long they will dry out more than you’d like. Moist in the center is what you want with a crust on the outside.
Unlike smoked pulled pork where longer is better, chops are more sensitive.
Then test if it’s reached temperature. If it hasn’t, continue cooking until it’s safe to consume.
- Then allow to sit after removing from smoker for 15 minutes before slicing to keep juicy.
Now this could be baked in your oven at 350 degrees until golden brown on top but NO.
If you’re like we are and a bit obsessed with smoking meats you know that it’s gotta’ get on that grill.
- I will tell you that these easy smoker recipes are a few of our most popular. I am sure you can tell why!
- Just smother with some barbecue sauce minutes before serving and I guarantee you’ll be the hero for making either one of these.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Here’s the printable recipe for our dry pork rub and smoked bacon wrapped pork chops.
Smoked Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops
- Mix all spices together in a bowl well.
- Massage the dry rub on each pork chop, on the bottom and top.
- Wrap 4 strips of bacon on each pork chop width wise.
- Fill wood chip container, put into smoker and put pork chops on top racks.
- Close door and cook at 275 degrees for 90 minutes (timing may need to be adjusted depending on how thick your chops and bacon are, I would check after 70 minutes).
- Allow to rest when done on counter for at least 5 minutes so juices stay in meat.