These are the best baked pork chops with a dry rub that’s sweet and savory all at the same time! Tender and juicy right out of the oven in 12 minutes, you’re gonna’ love these.
Wanna’ know how to make the best baked pork chops in your oven? I have the secret! Try our dry rub and in just 12 minutes they’ll be the tenderest bites you’ve ever eaten. (affiliate links present)
- I kid you not, it took me THIS long to figure out the perfect temperature and timing to bake perfect pork chops.
- Pork chops were NOT my favorite food. Not because they didn’t taste good but because I’m a texture person and I could never get them perfectly tender, until now.
Ok so I will give my husband credit for this pork dry rub, it’s amazing. He first put a version of it on these smoked bacon wrapped pork chops. I couldn’t get enough!
Once I got the temperature and timing down pat I went a step further and added this sweet and salty seasoning to make these over the top! I will never make them another way again. Ever.
- I will be honest, I normally just make Instant Pot pork. I rarely ever use my oven for anything, unless it’s to bake a cake.
- BUT now these oven baked pork chops is the 2nd thing that I love baking in there, hands down.
You can really use bone in or boneless but I prefer with the bones. I guess it is because typically you can grab them pretty cheap that way, but a bit more work when they’re done I guess.
Best baked pork chops
- 4 chops – that is enough for the 5 of us in this house
- Brown sugar
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
I kid you not, look at all the 5 STAR reviews down below. Use this pork chop dry rub even though you may be skeptical, it is the bomb!! Makes them go from good and tender to OH MY Heavens these are the best!!
First you’re going to want to mix the rub together in a bowl. Leave the butter and thyme aside until you’re ready to pop them in the oven.
- On a cutting board sprinkle half of your mixture on one side and press down.
- Lift up and allow the excess to fall off, then sprinkle the 2nd half on the other side of your 4 pork chops.
- Place them on your baking sheet with pats of butter in the middle of each one. You can sprinkle dry thyme on top of that, or leave off.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and put in your pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes and then remove and allow to sit for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Serve with savory monkey bread and sides and enjoy your tender pork chops
- of course you can re season with salt and black pepper when serving if desired
Here they are ready to be pulled out!
What goes good with pork chops?
- Served with a side of white rice is healthy, cheap, and always a favorite.
- Quinoa is gluten free and a healthy option.
What vegetables go well with pork?
Tips to make pork chops not dry?
- Choose bone in pork chops vs. boneless pork chops
- You can marinade if you choose, or use a rub like we did here for added flavor
- Bring meat to room temperature before cooking is one of the best tips. Just take our your package 30 minutes beforehand.
- If you want a little char on the outside start them on the stove in a cast iron skillet with some olive oil (quickly). But bake in the oven using the directions below after that.
- Do NOT overcook them!
- Let it rest for at least 3 minutes before slicing and serving in a baking dish.
Remember: pork needs to reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees to be safe and remain juicy and tender. Use a meat thermometer for this
After you try this baked pork chops recipe let us know what you think below!
THAT is how to cook pork chops to perfection. Yes you can skip the rub if you choose to use a marinade instead. Or, just season with salt and pepper and follow temp and timing.
- We share cooking pulled pork 3 different ways here!
- These are the best grilled pork chops around
- And how to cook Ninja Foodi pork chops AND rice together here.
Pork is such a versatile meat but the key is to not over cook, bake, or grill it. It easily dries out and s no good. Baking it at exactly 12 minutes as explained here is key.
We love this recipe. It creates tender pieces of meat with every bite and a TON of whopping flavor. Don’t skimp on the seasonings for this one, that is what it makes it so dang delicious.
There is a printable recipe below you can refer to, keep in a cookbook or just come back and “see us” when you need it. 😉
Best Baked Pork Chops
- Mix dry rub ingredients (brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, salt and garlic powder) together in a bowl. Lay pork chops on a cutting board, rub 1/2 dry rub on side facing up.
- Flip over allowing excess to fall off and rub remaining rub on other side.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Put coated pork chops on baking sheet.
- Slice butter into 4 equal sized pieces and lay on top of each chop. Sprinkle with thyme.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then let rest on pan for 5-10 minutes to maintain juiciness.