This is by far the best cream corn casserole recipe you will ever make! Made with a sleeve of Ritz crackers and lots of cheese it’s a fabulous vegetable side dish during the holidays or year round. Just throw everything together and bake for a sweet cheesy dish that goes great with ham or turkey.
This is the best cream corn casserole recipe! It’s so good that we not only make it for sure during Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas, but serve it year round! Ok so really it was my sister in law who made it first many years ago, and Thanksgiving just isn’t complete without it so I thought I’d share it with you too. Ok so seriously this has become my favorite side dish. It feeds way more than the 5 of us but leftovers the next day are incredible too! It’s one of our favorite quick and easy casseroles. (originally published 12/13)
It’s a great leftover ham side dish too or dice it up and throw it right into this corn casserole for a hearty meal too.
Mix all the ingredients above together except 1/4 cup of the cheese and the butter (make sure you drain the 3 cans of corn before emptying in).
If you want a smaller batch for dinner just cut everything in half when making this creamed corn casserole.
The above is good during Easter, Thanksgiving, or Christmas time though with a group of 8-12 people.
Use 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers (or generic brand of Ritz). Put them in a gallon storage bag and smash until really small. Then add to your mixture. Kids love helping with this part!
Here is everything you need to make this cream corn casserole recipe with Ritz crackers
- Corn muffin mix – If you aren’t familiar with the cornbread mix I used you can find the Jiffy corn muffin mix I used here. If you cannot find that you could try using another cornbread mix that only requires you to add egg and milk and use 8.5 oz. of that, but you should be able to order it using the link
- Ritz crackers
- Cheese – we like sharp cheddar
- Cream corn
Here’s a video to show you how to make it.
Cream Corn Casserole Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 row Ritz crackers
- 3 cans corn 15 oz. can, drained
- 1 can cream corn 15 oz. size
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- Drain 3 cans of corn.
- Smash crackers and add corn, cream corn, milk, eggs, corn muffin mix, and 3/4 c. cheese into a bowl, mix well.
- Spoon into sprayed 9x12 pan.
- Cut butter into 4 equal pieces, push them slightly into casserole near edges.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 c. grated cheese on top of casserole.
- Put in oven at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or until edges are browned and middle is a bit firm but still soft.
- You don't want to overcook this as it will become dry (still good but we prefer a bit looser consistency overall). Serve warm, great as leftovers too. (Watch video in post to see how I make it)
Use half a stick of butter and slice small slices of that and shove it in the top of the casserole, then sprinkle 1/4 cup of remaining cheese on top of that. Pour it into your casserole dish, I love this one because it has a top you can pop on to keep warm and transport it .
Put it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 35 min or until edges look brown. You don’t want to overcook and dry it out.
Looking for more easy side dishes?
- Best green bean recipe
- Instant Pot corn casserole recipe – if you’d prefer to make it in your pressure cooker
- Pressure cooker mashed potatoes
- Make sure to like The Typical Mom on Facebook for more easy and delicious recipes.
This makes for the most flavorful, sweet, and creamy cream corn casserole you have ever had. Great for any holiday side dish or just as a side dish for dinner (like I said just half the ingredients for that). Enjoy!