Our Jiffy cream cheese corn casserole is incredible. The best Thanksgiving or Christmas cream corn casserole with canned vegetables that is creamy and tender with every bite. Also called corn souffle since it is so moist and fluffy with 6 ingredients and cheese is optional but delicious.
You may have made a Jiffy casserole with corn before but not with this ultra wonderful ingredient. I mean it makes everything better and cheesier right? This may become your new favorite side for the holidays and replace your old one. Baked in a 8×8 pan it’s the best. (affiliate links present)
Jiffy Cream Cheese Corn Casserole
There are lots of Jiffy corn muffin mix recipes out there beyond just the bread. I mean yes Jiffy cornbread cast iron style is easy to do and great with chili but kinda’ boring. This can be used right out of the box mixed with other ingredients to make all sorts of other things. This is just the beginning my friends….
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
And be automatically signed up for our free newsletter too!
I have been making this and our Honey Butter Skillet Corn for the holidays for at least 15 years. My sister in law first brought it to a get together, made slightly different, and I was hooked!! Year after year I tweaked it here and there and tried different things including making it dairy free for my husband (super easy), with cheese, without, and now this one!
8×8 Corn Casserole
I kept saying I wanted to figure out how to make my original corn casserole with corn muffin mix in a smaller form. We love it so much that a 9×13 inch pan was just too much for the 4 of us if others weren’t joining us. This year I finally figured it out!! Yes you could cut the one at the top of this post in half, but 3 eggs is hard to do.
SO this time I skipped the milk and used Philadelphia cream cheese softened instead. Used the same cornmeal muffins mix out of a box and skipped all the Ritz crackers. Worked perfectly! You just have to adjust the liquids with the solids so it bakes up like a super duper tender scoop of cornbread pudding basically. What you need is’
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- Cream cheese at room temperature or softened
- Can of cream style corn
- Corn kernels drained
- We add 1/2 cup shredded cheese to make cheesy corn casserole but that is optional
- Melted butter
- Optional add ins are diced green onions and/or diced green chiles
If you wanted to add some more cheddar to the top just wait until the last 5-10 minutes. Sprinkle a bit more on so it can melt, we love this.
Corn Casserole with Cream Cheese
If you’re looking for alternatives to cream cheese in baking there are several options you can consider. The choice of substitute may depend on the specific recipe and the desired outcome. Here are some alternatives to cream cheese in baking:
- Greek Yogurt, particularly the full fat variety, has a similar creamy texture.
- Sour cream is the usual swap out for this one. Works well with the sweet corn kernels.
- Cottage cheese can be blended until smooth and used as a substitute in recipes like cheesecake and dips.
- Silken Tofu when blended, can mimic the same creamy texture. Suitable option for vegan and dairy-free recipes.
- Coconut Cream, coconut Milk or thick coconut milk can be used in recipes to be dairy free that can accommodate a coconut flavor. Keep in mind that this flavor can impart a distinct flavor to your dish.
When substituting in baking, it’s essential to consider the specific recipe and the role that it plays. Depending on the substitute you choose, you may need to make adjustments. Like for our slow cooker corn pudding I think yogurt works best if I want to swap something out.
Small Batch Corn Casserole
You could actually cut this in half again if there were just 2-3 of you and you didn’t want any leftovers. Which is crazy to me because the day after it is almost better!! Just drizzle a bit of butter over the top and reheat on a plate in your microwave for 45 seconds or so and OMG so good again.
If you need to make corn casserole ahead of time it works great. Just prep it all in a bowl and pour into your baking dish 30 minutes to an hour beforehand. I set it on a trivet with all the other things in casserole dishes and rotate in and out of the oven when ready to bake.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Cream Cheese Corn Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray inside of a 8×8 pan with non stick spray.
- Gently whisk together softened cream cheese, eggs and melted butter until smooth.
- Add in all other ingredients BUT only 1/2 cup of your cheese (or eliminate cheese if you'd rather). If you wanted a bit of heat you could add a drained 4 oz. can of diced chiles if you'd like too.
- Pour mixture into your prepared pan and into the oven on a middle rack for a total of 45 minutes. If you want to add remaining 1/4 cup of cheese to the top do so during the last 10 minutes.
- Remove and set on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before serving so it can solidify up a bit more. Scoop out to serve with a large spoon.