Instant Pot side dishes are easy and delicious to make. They’re great during the holidays because it frees up your oven for main dishes and are done in no time.
Looking for the best Instant Pot side dishes to serve this year? We have a bunch for Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas and year round. Here are some super easy Instant Pot recipes your group will love. (originally published 11/19, affiliate links present)
Ninja Foodi Side Dishes
They’re not just great for the holidays though. During Christmas and Thanksgiving they’re a must because there’s never room in your oven for every single thing! Pressure cooking is the trick to getting everything done at the same time y’all. 😉
You can use a Crockpot Express or Ninja Foodi to make any and all of these too. Most of them use the high pressure function and they all have that.
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! Now let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this —–> Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have (a 6 quart) and use for all recipe creations.
Instant Pot Side Dish Recipes
- Pressure cooker baked potatoes are simple.
- Instant Pot mashed potatoes loaded with bacon and sour cream are a must. OR go for Instant Pot garlic mashed potatoes for a twist.
- Serve Instant Pot enchilada rice with chicken.
- Our Instant Pot cheesy potatoes are always a hit but for a lower carb idea, try Instant Pot cauliflower curry.
- The most popular in our house is this fluffy Instant Pot white rice recipe.
- Italian Instant Pot potatoes are simple
- Then give potato cheese casserole a whirl
- This is how to make perfect quinoa or Instant Pot risotto too.
- Fluffy Instant Pot cornbread
- Instant Pot cream corn and corn casserole bundt cake is yummy.
If you’ve never made a batch of Instant Pot risotto it is easier than you might think.
Instant Pot vegetable side dish recipes
- Homemade Instant Pot cranberry sauce is a great Thanksgiving side dish for sure.
- Instant Pot sweet potato casserole with marshmallows is yummy.
- Creamy Instant Pot scalloped potatoes.
- Did you know you can make Instant Pot stuffing too?
- Instant Pot green bean casserole is great.
Vegetables are always a big deal, especially in my house. My girls would honestly rather eat a plate full of asparagus rather than a steak!
- Instant Pot brussel sprouts with bacon are just amazing. You can then transition them to a pan and make them creamy cast iron brussel sprouts once they’re steamed.
- This creamy and cheesy Instant Pot cauliflower is keto and tastes like a low carb macaroni and cheese!
- 1 minute Instant Pot broccoli is something we make year round.
- We have a lot of Instant Pot cabbage recipes and green beans you can try.
- you can even make slow cooker cabbage if you want to use that machine too
- Simple Instant Pot corn on the cob is probably the cheapest side dish.
Love Instant Pot beets? If you haven’t tried it this way it’s a game changer.
Any of these will work the same, just follow these instructions.
- That’s what’s great about all the great easy Instant Pot recipes out there. They are interchangeable.
- All of these will pressure cook on high and saute. Some may say brown/saute on the button but it is the same function.
- Quick release by flipping the steam valve open, or allow it to naturally release the steam. That means you don’t touch it at all. It will come out on it’s own it about 15 minutes.
Let’s get back to a few other Instant Pot sides like our Instant Pot fried cabbage.
Easy Instant Pot Sides
- Pressure cooker cabbage and noodles is a vegetarian choice.
- Combine a few vegetables and make a potato and carrot medley to mix things up a bit.
- Okra isn’t one of my favorites but some people MUST have it often, so here are instructions.
- You can even caramelize onions in the Instant Pot to be served on meatloaf and more.
- Try some sweet and/or savory Instant Pot carrots or Instant Pot potatoes and carrots. They’re my girls’ favorite veggies.
Of course feel free to add other ingredients like a bit of brown sugar to these for sweetness, or bacon bits for a savory dish.
How long does it take to pressure cook vegetables?
That depends on what you’re making. There is also a difference depending whether you’re purely steaming them, or if they’re in the pot with other ingredients.
Typically though from fresh: cook for 3-4 minutes on high pressure and perform a quick release. From frozen: cook for 4-5 minutes on high pressure and perform a quick release.
- Some things like broccoli and cauliflower florets only take 1 minute though!
- Use our Instant Pot vegetables cook times printable for accurate numbers like perfectly cooked Instant Pot mushrooms.
That means more homemade recipes on the table this year for your family. I love that because it helps us to heat healthier year round.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
We hope this long list of Instant Pot side dishes recipes helps you create new meals for your family.