Pressure cooker cabbage and noodles in your Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi or Crockpot Express is great! Add a bit of bacon and it takes it to the next level.
I don’t know why but this past year cabbage has been my jam!! My grandmother loved fried cabbage so I made that, then this pressure cooker cabbage and noodles was created. It was amazing. Even my picky husband finished off the pot. Added to our list of easy Instant Pot recipes for you to enjoy.
Ninja Foodi Cabbage and Noodles
It’s also on our list of favorite Ninja Foodi recipes. It works if you have a Crock Pot Express pot too. We added plenty of bacon too but of course if you want a vegetarian version you could skip that.
We love using this green head of vegetable with all the things. It is inexpensive and so versatile well beyond just eating it at St. Patricks Day for sure.
Instant Pot cabbage and noodles
- Pressure cooker
- if you have an Instant Pot I HIGHLY recommend you get a non stick pot as you see below
- Flat wooden spatula
- helps you deglaze your pressure cooker after cooking your bacon
- Small head of cabbage
- Bacon – optional I suppose but it’s a must for us
- Chicken broth – or beef broth or even water
- Extra wide egg noodles – style I prefer
- Soy sauce
- Garlic salt
- Chili powder
- Black pepper – optional
Cabbage Side Dish
Like I said, we started by making pressure cooker fried cabbage and that inspired this recipe.
- I wanted to add noodles to make it a bit heartier and that hit the spot. I made this a few times so everything would be PERFECT before sharing it with all of you.
You must layer ingredients in this way in order for the egg noodles to become perfectly tender. If not, they won’t get enough hot liquid and steam around them to soften up.
Now that we have it perfected it’s a family favorite.
- Start with sauteeing the bacon with a little olive oil. Then deglaze your pot with a bit of your broth. Turn your pot off at this time so it doesn’t overheat.
Cabbage and Egg Noodles
Now chop the end off your head of cabbage. Discard this as well as the very top leaves, those are usually a bit wilted while sitting at the grocery store. (if you have a mulch pile outside throw them in there instead)
Then slice it and cut it into cubes like this.
- Now it’s time to add your extra wide egg noodles into your pot like you see here.
- Putting them in with the little bit of broth and bacon grease, then covered with cabbage, will soften and cook noodles perfectly.
Then your cabbage pieces go on top of that.
- Sprinkle your soy sauce and all your spices on top of that. You could add pepper to taste if you like. It isn’t my favorite spice but my Grandmother loved it. DO NOT STIR!
Then close your lid and you just need 3 minutes on high pressure to be perfect!
Pasta and Cabbage
Once the time is up make sure you IMMEDIATELY do a quick release. If you wait even 1 more minute the cabbage will become much softer. I don’t like mine anywhere close to super wilted and mushy. 3 minutes is absolutely perfect I tell you.
Looking for other pressure cooker recipes?
- This Instant Pot stuffed cabbage casserole is amazing.
- Pressure cooker cabbage soup is a must make.
- Easy Instant Pot corned beef and cabbage is perfect for the holidays.
You can print recipe here. Full nutrition information is listed below too.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Pressure Cooker Cabbage and Noodles
- Set pot to saute and add olive oil and diced bacon. Cook until bacon is as “done’ as you’d like it. Then turn pot off.
- Add 1/2 cup of your broth and scrape the bottom of your pot to get stuck on pieces of bacon off. (called deglazing)
- Pour your 2 measuring cups full of wide egg noodles in now. Chop your cabbage into 1″x1″ squares and put on top of your noodles.
- Pour your remaining 1/2 c of broth on cabbage pieces. Sprinkle your soy sauce and spices on top of your cabbage. DO NOT STIR contents.
- Close your pressure cooker lid, and close steam valve.
- Press manual or pressure button (depending on your model), high pressure, for 3 minutes.
- Do a quick release immediately once timer ends. Lift lid, stir, turn pot off and serve!
You could skip the soy sauce if you need to decrease the mg sodium in this cabbage recipe.