Here are 50+ easy dump cake recipes for you to enjoy. A quick dessert with fruit is sometimes all you need to satisfy your sweet tooth and these are great.
Ok so I absolutely love easy dump cake recipes and am always thinking of new combinations to make that my family will absolutely love! When company comes over unexpectedly and you need something fast, these will help! (originally published 9/18, affiliate links present)
I love these because they’re so easy using fresh fruit, frozen like our peach dump cake, or pie filling.
I have made them in my Instant Pot, crockpot, and in the oven as well. I don’t care how they’re done, they’re an easy throw together dessert that’s perfect when I want something sweet.
Let us know which easy dump cake is your favorite, or maybe there’s one you’ve made recently that’s not on the list….I’d love to give your idea a whirl too!!
3 ingredient dump cake recipes
- Box of cake mix – you can find a variety here. I would have to say spice cake mix is probably my favorite during Fall and Winter.
- Can of pie filling or pumpkin puree – this is how to make homemade pumpkin puree
- Eggs or melted butter – eggs will make it rise more than butter will
And a video look at a few of our favorites:
- Pineapple angel food cake recipe – seen below and needs just 2 ingredients to make!
- Chocolate angel food cake is simple with just 3 ingredients too
- Cherry pie filling dump cake – you could use blueberry too.
- This pumpkin pudding cake is an easy dump cake that is SO moist.
- Cherry pineapple dump cake recipe is amazing using cherry pie filling and crushed pineapple. Just use yellow or white cake mix with a stick of butter for about 30 minutes in a baking dish. Serve warm!
- Our chocolate cherry dump cake is great too using the same pie filling.
- Dump peach cobbler is amazing topped with vanilla ice cream.
- Instant Pot peach cobbler is a great choice too.
I suggest using cooking spray inside your pan so it slides out nicely. Helps with clean up too. Dry cake mix of any flavor can be used for all of these. On top of the cake you can add whipped cream or ice cream of course.
I will say that I rarely use fresh fruit for these. A few reasons why; you lose the liquid portion that you get with canned filling, also there’s a lot more prep work removing the skins.
- Gingerbread dump cake is perfect for the holidays!
- Apple dump cake is fabulous and requires just 3 ingredients.
- Pressure cooker lava cake – amazingly rich but so worth it.
- Banana dump cake uses fresh bananas and can be made egg free too.
- Pumpkin angel food cake is so light and fluffy with a hint of pumpkin for a Fall dessert
The easiest of them all is our 3 ingredient dump cake made with a can of fruit. We used pears but peaches would be wonderful too.
- Peach angel food cake just has 2 ingredients too.
- Instant Pot chocolate pudding cake is dense and amazing for sure.
- Best Instant Pot dump cake – best with spice cake mix and apple pie filling!
- Banana pudding cake is great if you love bananas like we do.
- Egg nog pudding cake is a dump and go classic that’s great during the holidays.
Pumpkin pie dump cake – a must for Fall, seen below.
If you’re new to how to make a dump cake it is quite simple. They usually require less than 4 ingredients total and have a super moist taste with a ton of flavor.
I recommend making it in the oven but if it is really hot you can use your slow cooker like we did with this crockpot lava cake. I have made pressure cooker dump cakes as well.
Easy dump cake recipes
- Lemon blueberry dump cake
- Peanut butter apple dump cake
- Strawberry dump cake is a fun one, and then try our strawberry bread pudding next
- Peaches and cream dump cake
Our Crock pot dump cake is yummy! On top of the fruit pie filling you just sprinkle the cake mix on top and you need no other brown sugar or sweetness of any kind. It’s plenty sweet for sure.
Using your slow cooker will definitely take longer than the traditional 45 minutes or so. It does come out a looser consistency too so if you want it a bit stiffer, stick with oven directions.
- Dump cake from our favorite Pioneer Woman
- Blackberry dump cake is a new flavor you should try sometime.
- Earthquake cake is something new. Have you tried it yet?
Here are some more easy dump cake recipes plus how you can make yellow cake mix yourself and use that for the base of your dessert!
- Instant Pot cake was one of our first pressure cooker dessert recipes on the blog. Once again, comes out looser than others but fun.
- Best Chocolate dump it cake cannot be more simple really
- Salted caramel chocolate dump cake is over the top wow.
- Cherry Cola dump cake
- Oreo dump cake
- Peanut butter cup dump cake
- Poke cakes can be considered dump cakes because they’re so easy too like our s’mores poke cake that is always a hit!
- Strawberry cheesecake dump cake
- Blueberry pie filling dump cake – we made these into cupcakes which worked amazingly well.
We also have some easy fruit dump cakes you’ve got to try!
Why do I love easy dump cakes, well let me count the ways……
- They are EASY
- Dump cakes satisfy my sweet tooth
- Talk about super cheap to make
- None of them require a lot of ingredients
- I can have everything on hand at all times and throw together at the drop of a hat
- They’re just so moist and yummy!
Here is how to make angel food cake mix recipes too.
Best dump cake
It’s hard to say what the best one would be but if I had to choose. I might say our blueberry dump cake cupcakes might top the list (seen above).
- Caramel dump cake
- Texas tornado cake
- Lemon cream cheese dump cake
- Red velvet earthquake cake
- Cherry pineapple dump cake
- Banana split dump cake
- Hot chocolate dump cake
We will continue to add to our list each week. So bookmark this page for more easy dessert recipes!