Easy Instant Pot chocolate pudding cake recipe that is so moist and delicious! You just need a few ingredients to make this decadent pressure cooker dessert that’s perfect for any occasion.
Do you have a pressure cooker and love desserts?? Have you tried making an Instant Pot dessert yet?? Well I got on a kick and started creating a lot including this Instant Pot chocolate pudding cake which is absolutely delicious, the other ones you can find as well on my Instant Pot recipes roundup too! Special thanks goes out to Kitchen Deluxe for sponsoring this post so we could share this recipe with you today.
Now on the list as one of our favorite easy dump cake recipes!
If you’ve ever had a pudding cake you know how moist they are!
- With the simple addition of some instant pudding mix you can amp up a traditional boxed cake mix into the best chocolate cake. Cooked in your pressure cooker it’s one of our favorite easy pudding cake recipes.
Add some chocolate chips into your Instant Pot chocolate pudding cake and it’s over the top.
This is what I use to make most of the Instant Pot desserts I have on the blog today.
If you’re ready to bake in your Instant Pot you will need a springform pan like the one you see here above. If you have never used one it is really simple and has 2 pieces to it, the round outer rim/sides, and the bottom that lock into place when the silver latch is closed like this.
When your Instant Pot chocolate pudding cake is cooled you just unlatch the pan. Then remove the outer rim/sides and carefully flip the cake over. Done!
- Kitchen Deluxe offers this 7″ springform cake pan which is the perfect size for both the 6 qt. and 8 qt. Instant Pot sizes. I have the 6 qt. and it’s just right.
Placed on a trivet with water on the bottom and you’re ready to bake!
Doesn’t this look heavenly??!!
See the two pieces I spoke about? Once the silver latch is undone it slides right off (when the cake is cooled). Then when you flip it onto a plate the bottom of the pan will be on top and you just gently pull it off and it comes out nice and smooth on the top for serving.
Now this Instant Pot chocolate pudding cake is dense, it’s meant to be.
It is similar to a very moist brownie texture and seriously incredible.
It is important to NOT overcook this one in particular because the reason it is so amazing is how dense and ooey gooey it is.
Another important part of baking this dessert is the cooling time. It will continue to solidify and cook just a bit inside the springform pan when it is put on a cooling rack so it is important to let it cool completely before you take it off and serve it.
Topped with a scoop of ice cream and a few sprinkles and you could even serve it as a small dessert for a few people.
Now this recipe makes 2 small cakes using this pan, so if you just want one you can cut it in half, or make a layered cake!!
This is what you’ll need to make Instant Pot chocolate cake
- Kitchen Deluxe offers this 7″ springform cake pan
- Chocolate cake mix
- Instant chocolate pudding mix
- Chocolate chips
Here is the printable recipe and a video for Instant Pot chocolate pudding cake
Instant Pot Chocolate Pudding Cake
- With a mixer on low mix together all of your ingredients (except chocolate chips) well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spray the inside of your 7" springform pan with non stick spray.
- Spoon half of your chocolate pudding batter inside your pan (this recipe makes two the size you see above) and cover with foil trying to form a dome on the top so the foil doesn't stick to the top of your cake when is rises.
- Put 2 cups of water into your Instant pot, and a trivet in the middle.
- Create a sling out of foil and lower your springform pan inside on to your trivet.
- Put your lid on and close the steam valve.
- Set to manual, pressure, high, for 25 minutes.
- Do a slow release (move valve just slightly so steam comes out slowly) when done and lift pan out of pot.
- Put pan on cooling rack and remove foil.
- When cooled release latch on side of your springform pan carefully and lift sides (round part of pan) off cake.
- Put a plate on the top of your cake and flip over.
- Carefully lift bottom of pan off cake and serve...with ice cream on top!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉