Easy Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi pressure cooker brownies that are fudgy like flourless cake! The best chocolate pressure cooker dessert I’ve made so far! Add peanut butter for a little slice of ultimate heaven or make into brownie bites too.
Yes I am at it again with my Instant Pot creating delicious recipes like this amazing peanut butter filled pressure cooker brownies! I know, just the sound of it is amazing and when you take a bite you will be in heaven!! One of our very favorite Instant Pot recipes! (originally published 3/17, affiliate links present)
You can make it plain (still good) or filled with caramel or peanut butter (go the extra mile will you, it’s amazing).
If you’ve never tried a pressure cooker dessert it’s quite easy and I’ll walk you thru the whole process and what you will need. If you have a Ninja Foodi you can use our air fryer brownies recipe too.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
A great way to “bake” during the summertime when the last thing you want to do is turn on your oven! Brownies are my favorite dessert I think and I thought of making this after I made a brownie in a mug that was fantastic.
I know!! A big well full of peanut butter than just oozes out when you take a bit out of the outside.
I have made this two ways, with caramel and chocolate in the middle using Rolo candies, or with a few tbsp. of peanut butter in the middle. We’re team peanut butter all the way!
It is the perfect size for the 5 of us for dessert. It is so decadent and rich that you really only need a small piece.
Based on the same idea I modified it to work well for the pressure cooker.
Brownies in Instant Pot
This is what we used to make this mouth watering quick easy dessert recipe here.
- 6″ springform pan this fits inside my Instant Pot nicely
- You’ll need these perfectly fitting pcs. of parchment paper too, makes it slide right out. 😉
- Trivet – I like this one with handles
This is what it will look like once you add it into your pan.
If you love flourless chocolate cake with it’s dense fudgy consistency you will love these and this is what it reminds me of. It is a decadent brownie that I seriously can only make like once a month or I’d roll out the door. It’s so good that it’s hard to resist.
I will say you only need a very small slice of it to really enjoy this homemade brownie so there’s that….
If you’re looking for a slice of heaven you’ve come to the right place with this one.
Instant Pot brownies
- Melted butter
All purpose flour is needed. Make sure you measure flour properly so it doesn’t come out too dense.
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Springform pan
- Instant Pot or pressure cooker
I will say the peanut butter version (if you like pb) is Aaaahhhhhhmazing!! 50 minutes on high in a 6″ springform pan is just right for us but if you like it more gooey you can try a few minutes less etc…
The first time is always a trial to see how you like it perfectly, then the next time you will know exactly how many minutes (just make a notation when you print out my recipe here for yourself).
Pressure cooker brownies
Made mini style in an egg mold! This is how you make these.
- You will need this egg mold
- I used a box of brownie mix – or you could use this brownie recipe without the peanut butter
- Fill egg mold 3/4 of the way full
- Cover egg mold with foil
- Put 1.5 c water into your pressure cooker
- Sit a trivet inside with your egg mold on top
- Set to high pressure for 22 minutes
- Do a natural release
Take egg mold out, remove foil, allow to completely cool before popping them out and eating!
Ninja Foodi brownies
- Follow same instructions above.
They will be dense and ooey like flourless chocolate cake consistency.
If you love these peanut butter filled pressure cooker brownies you should try these other Instant Pot desserts we’ve made:
- Fluffy Instant Pot angel food cake is the bomb
- Then try our easy Instant Pot cheesecake recipe
- Caramel Instant Pot monkey bread is to die for in the morning hours
Instant Pot rice pudding is our all time favorite treat. You can make it as an easy Ninja Foodi recipe as well.
Time needed: 50 minutes.
Instant Pot Brownies
Add dry ingredients in 1 bowl and wet in another, stir each.
Mix all ingredients together into 1 bowl (minus the optional ingredients).
If you are adding nuts / extra chocolate chips fold into brownie mixture. Spray non stick cooking spray on inside walls of springform cake pan.
Lay precut parchment paper liner into pan and put tbsp of peanut butter in the middle if you want to add that.
Pour brownie batter on top and spread so it is the same thickness across the pan. Put aluminum foil over the top.
Put a small glass bowl or trivet at bottom of your Instant Pot, + 1 1/2 cups of water. Put filled springform pan on top of trivet and put IP lid on.
Set to manual, pressure, high for 50 minutes pressure cook time for a 6″ pan.
Do a slow release (meaning move steam valve just a bit open so the steam comes out really slowly). Will take 5 – 15 minutes.
Allow to cool completely inside pan. This will take about 40 minutes in cool spot. Then release the clasp on the side of the springform pan and take outer rim off.
Put a plate on top and flip over carefully, then remove parchment paper and serve. It will be a very dense flourless cake – fudgy brownie style consistency.
Serve alone, with some added semi sweet chocolate chips or vanilla ice cream on top.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Here’s the printable recipe and a video showing how we made them too.
Pressure Cooker Brownies
- Add dry ingredients in 1 bowl and wet in another, stir each.
- Add all ingredients together into 1 bowl (minus the optional ingredients). If you are adding nuts fold into brownie mixture.
- Spray non stick spray on inside walls on springform pan.
- Lay precut parchment paper liner into pan and put tbsp of peanut butter in the middle, or caramel pcs in the middle.
- Pour brownie batter on top and spread so it is the same thickness across the pan.
- Put aluminum foil over the top.
- Put a small glass bowl at bottom of your Instant Pot , or trivet, and pour 1 1/2 c. of water around it.
- Put filled springform pan on top of cup or trivet and put IP lid on.
- Set to manual, pressure, 50 minutes on high for a 6″ pan
- Do a slow release (meaning move steam valve just a bit open so the steam comes out really slowly).
- Allow to cool completely, then release the clasp on the side of the springform pan and take outer rim off. Put a plate on top and flip over carefully, then remove parchment paper and serve. It will be a very dense flourless cake – fudgy style consistency.