Easy Ninja Foodi pressure cooker brownies that are fudgy like flourless cake! The best chocolate pressure cooker dessert I’ve made so far! Add peanut butter for a little slice of ultimate heaven or make into Instant Pot brownies bites too.
Yes I am at it again with my Instant Pot creating delicious recipes like this amazing peanut butter filled pressure cooker brownies! I know, just the sound of it is amazing and when you take a bite you will be in heaven!! One of our very favorite Instant Pot recipes! (affiliate links present)
Instant Pot Brownies
You can make this plain (still good) or filled with caramel or peanut butter (go the extra mile will you, it’s amazing). If you’ve never tried a pressure cooker dessert it’s quite easy and I’ll walk you thru the whole process and what you will need. If you have a Ninja Foodi you can use our air fryer brownies recipe too.
Why would you do this instead of baking them in your oven? Well first off when it is summertime and 90 degrees outside I am not about to heat up my house. I typically use my small countertop appliances to cook at these times, and this is top of the list for desserts.
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! Now let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this —–> Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have (a 6 quart) and use for all recipe creations.
Instant Pot Fudge Brownies
A great way to “bake” when you just have a few people at home and are really craving something sweet after dinnertime. Homemade brownies are my favorite dessert I think and I thought of making this after I made a brownie in a mug that was fantastic.
I know!! A big well full of peanut butter than just oozes out when you take a bit out of the outside. Of course that is an option and not a must but OMG was it amazing.
I have made this two ways, with caramel and chocolate in the middle using Rolo candies and with a few tbsp. of peanut butter in the middle. We’re team peanut butter all the way! Just use creamy and the brand doesn’t really matter much.
It is the perfect size for the 5 of us for dessert. It is so decadent and rich that you really only need a small piece. Based on the same idea I modified it to work well for the pressure cooker but a smaller size than a square pan as I would if I were baking in the oven.
Brownies in Instant Pot
A springform pan is what we used to make this mouth watering quick easy dessert recipe here. Yes we have made Crockpot brownies too but this is faster. Of course you can’t fit a “regular” pan inside of a small Instant Pot so you will need to grab this 6 inch size below. Don’t worry, you can use it for all sorts of other things too later.
- 6″ springform pan this fits inside my 6 qt. Instant Pot nicely
- You’ll need these perfectly fitting pcs. of parchment paper too, makes it slide right out. 😉
- Trivet – one with handles
This is what it will look like once you add it into your pan. Once done you can unlock the sides and it lifts right off. If you’re new to this pan it is super fun and makes things easier to slice for sure when done.
Instant Pot Brownies in Springform Pan
If you love flourless chocolate cake with it’s dense fudgy consistency you will love these and this is what it reminds me of. It is a decadent brownie that I seriously can only make like once a month or I’d roll out the door. It’s so good that it’s hard to resist.
I will say you only need a very small slice of it to really enjoy this homemade brownie so there’s that…. If you’re looking for a slice of heaven you’ve come to the right place with this one. It is small so if you wanted to make our Christmas Brownies you likely would only get one out of it but still possible.
- Melted butter
- A bit of vanilla extract
All purpose flour is needed. Make sure you measure flour properly so it doesn’t come out too dense.
Pressure Cooker Fudgy Brownies
I will say the peanut butter version (if you like pb) is Aaaahhhhhhmazing!! 50 minutes on high in a 6″ springform pan is just right for us but if you like it more gooey you can try a few minutes less etc…
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Springform pan
- Instant Pot or pressure cooker
The first time is always a trial to see how you like it perfectly, then the next time you will know exactly how many minutes (just make a notation when you print out my recipe here for yourself).
Pressure cooker brownies
But wait because you can make this in another smaller form that is super fun. Made mini style in an egg mold like these here! Kids love these to pop in their mouths. This is how you make these.
- You will need this egg mold
- I used a box of brownie mix – or you could use this brownie recipe without the peanut butter
- Fill egg mold 3/4 of the way full
- Cover egg mold with foil
- Put 1.5 c water into your pressure cooker
- Sit a trivet inside with your egg mold on top
- Set to high pressure for 22 minutes
- Do a natural release
Take egg mold out, remove foil, allow to completely cool before popping them out and eating!
Ninja Foodi brownies
- Follow same instructions above.
They will be dense and ooey like flourless chocolate cake consistency.
Best Instant Pot Dessert Recipe
- Fluffy Instant Pot angel food cake is the bomb
- Then try our easy Instant Pot cheesecake recipe
- Caramel Instant Pot monkey bread is to die for in the morning hours
Instant Pot rice pudding is our all time favorite treat. You can make it as an easy Ninja Foodi recipe as well.
Instant Pot Brownies Cook Time
Time needed: 50 minutes
Instant Pot Brownies
Add dry ingredients in 1 bowl and wet in another, stir each.
Mix all ingredients together into 1 bowl (minus the optional ingredients).
If you are adding nuts / extra chocolate chips fold into brownie mixture. Spray non stick cooking spray on inside walls of springform cake pan.
Lay precut parchment paper liner into pan and put tbsp of peanut butter in the middle if you want to add that.
Pour brownie batter on top and spread so it is the same thickness across the pan. Put aluminum foil over the top.
Put a small glass bowl or trivet at bottom of your Instant Pot, + 1 1/2 cups of water. Put filled springform pan on top of trivet and put IP lid on.
Set to manual, pressure, high for 50 minutes pressure cook time for a 6″ pan.
Do a natural release for 10 minutes to 15 minutes, no longer. This means you wait once the timing is up and after it says 10 on the screen you flip the release valve and let the rest of the steam out.
Allow to cool completely inside pan. This will take about 40 minutes in cool spot. Then release the clasp on the side of the springform pan and take outer rim off.
Put a plate on top and flip over carefully, then remove parchment paper and serve. It will be a very dense flourless cake – fudgy brownie style consistency.
Serve alone, with some added semi sweet chocolate chips or vanilla ice cream on top.
Here’s the printable recipe and a video showing how we made them too.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Pressure Cooker Brownies
- parchment circles that fit inside the bottom
- Add dry ingredients in 1 bowl and wet in another, stir each.
- Add all ingredients together into 1 bowl (minus the optional ingredients). If you are adding nuts fold into brownie mixture.
- Spray non stick spray on inside walls on springform pan.
- Lay precut parchment paper liner into pan and put tbsp of peanut butter in the middle, or caramel pcs in the middle.
- Pour brownie batter on top and spread so it is the same thickness across the pan.
- Put aluminum foil over the top.
- Put a trivet inside your pot so pan doesn't touch water below, pour 1 1/2 c. of water around it.
- Put filled springform pan on top of cup or trivet and put IP lid on. Seal steam valve shut.
- Set to manual, pressure, 50 minutes on high for a 6" pan. When it beeps and time is up do not touch anything.
- Do a natural release for 10 minutes meaning leave the steam valve alone until the screen says 10. Then release rest of steam by opening valve.
- Allow to cool completely, then release the clasp on the side of the springform pan and take outer rim off. Put a plate on top and flip over carefully, then remove parchment paper and serve. It will be a very dense flourless cake – fudgy style consistency.