I love EASY 4th of July party ideas and treats like this red white and blue popcorn! If you are getting ready to throw a party or even a small gathering for the fourth of July here is a fun treat and appetizer that’s easy to make and a hit at every event!
This patriotic popcorn is a nice salty and sweet snack for this holiday and you can vary it according to the holiday with whatever colors you like. What you need are the following ingredients.
Red white and blue popcorn
- 6 c plain white popped popcorn
- 1/2 c Wilton Royal blue chocolate melts (affiliate link)
- 1/2 c white chocolate chips or Wilton white chocolate melts
- 1/4 c red M&M’s
- 1 tbsp. red jimmies
- Once you’ve popped your popcorn lay it on a cookie sheet with waxed or parchment paper…we like air popped.
- When cooled spread the melted blue chocolate on to the popcorn.
- Add a bit of salt now if you want it salty and sweet and not just sweet.
- Before the chocolate sets add your sprinkles and/or M&Ms to the top so they stick.
- Allow this to sit and cool/harden before putting into a container or setting out. Just break apart.
- Cute to put into mason jars as a Teacher gift too.
For a salty and sweet 4th of July appetizer try this pineapple and bacon bites recipe!
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉