Delicious steak fajita cups that are an awesome appetizer or muffin tin meal idea! Simple recipe you can throw together and they’re to die for!!
If you’re having people over or going to a potluck you’ve got to take a peek at these steak fajita cups. I’m sure you’ll love them. We didn’t stop there though. We’ve even made cookie cups filled with yummy pudding as a dessert in our mini muffin pan. They were a hit during the holidays and always fun bite sized treats. (originally published 1/17, affiliate links present)
I am a little obsessed with my muffin pan and anything I can make in it I am game! It’s not just for making cupcakes anymore, you can make dinner in them.
- Like I said, we’ve made tons of muffin tin recipes. This fajita appetizer is probably one of our favorites. You’ll have to try a few others when you’re done making this one too.
If you love beef fajitas then you will love this served as a finger food baked in a muffin pan. Then serve with all of the best toppings and make a fajita bar for your next party!!
Muffin Tin Fajita Cups
As with anything else you can add or subtract any ingredients you don’t care for but as far as fajitas go usually more is better!
Add more jalapenos for more heat or leave out if you want them extra mild. This steak fajita appetizer could easily be served as an entire meal themselves just for fun too.
It’s a great muffin tin dinner and a great way to use leftover steak.
- You could probably make these into chicken fajita cups too with diced chicken breasts. I haven’t done that yet.
Steak Fajita Cups
Ok so you really could use any type of meat you wanted for this one. If you had leftover chicken by all means I would use that up with the same steps you see here. Make both, or just that style.
- Steak – leftover flank steak works great
- Bell peppers
- Jalapeno – optional
- Flour tortillas
- Sriracha seasoning works for some heat
- Squeeze of lime juice is great too
It doesn’t take long in the oven for everything to meld together and tortillas to brown.
Muffin Tin Fajitas
First preheat oven to 425, then grease a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Add steak, seasonings and a drizzle of olive oil to a food processor or chop small by hand.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. a cast iron pan works great too.
- Add your steak and vegetables
- Cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until steak is cooked through stirring occasionally.
- Trim tortillas down to 4″ circles. You can use a glass upside down to make these.
- Push them into your muffin tin holes.
- Finally add layer of cooked steak peppers and onion mixture, then cheese, more steak, more cheese.
- Fill to top of tortilla rim, without overflowing.
You will want to leave a tiny bit of room at the top so you can add a dollop of sour cream to the tops! You’ll need about 1/4 cup to add some to each cup before serving.
What do you serve at a football party?? These!!! We have lots of other football party food ideas here too. Looking for more finger foods?
- Our muffin tin ham and cheese breakfast bites are yummy
- Chicken pot pie muffins are a fun meal
- Our leftover ham recipe creates little dumplings everyone loves
Want to make beef fajitas other ways too??
We just made steak air fryer fajitas and they were totally amazing! Using a dry rub for beef they were full of flavor and a great low carb dinner idea.
- We have made Instant Pot fajitas and sheet pan fajitas which were quick and easy.
- Either way we always serve these inside small flour tortillas loaded with toppings like
- sour cream
What are you waiting for??
It’s the perfect party food your guests will rave over. A complete meal all in one little bite!
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Steak fajita cups
- Preheat the oven to 425, grease a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Add steak, seasonings and a drizzle of olive oil to a food processor or chop small by hand and mix well so all pieces are coated.
- Heat a pan on the stovetop. Add diced steak and vegetables, cook for about 3-5 minutes or until steak is no longer pink.
- Trim tortillas down to a 4" circle. Can use a glass upside down and cut around to create small circular pieces that will fit snugly when pressed into your muffin pan holes.
- Fill cups with mixture. Layer with steak mixture, then shredded cheese, more steak, more cheese until it reaches top of tortilla but not overflowing.
- Bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.