Delicious steak fajita cups that are an awesome appetizer or muffin tin meal idea! Simple recipe you can throw together and they’re to die for!!
I am a little obsessed with my muffin pan and anything I can make in it I am game! It’s not just for making cupcakes anymore, you can make dinner in them…we’ve done it night after night. We’ve even made cookie cups filled with yummy pudding as a dessert in our mini muffin pan, they were a hit during the holidays and always fun bite sized treats. If you’re having people over or going to a potluck you’ve got to take a peek at these steak fajita cups, I’m sure you’ll love them. (originally published 1/17)
Like I said, we’ve made tons of muffin tin recipes and you’ll have to pin a few when you’re done trying this one.
If you love steak fajitas then you will love the fresh veggies, meat and how easy they are as a finger food baked in a muffin pan.
As with anything else you can add or subtract any ingredients you don’t care for but as far as fajitas go usually more is better!
Add more jalapenos for more heat or leave out if you want them extra mild. These steak fajita cups could easily be served as an appetizer or a meal themselves. It’s a great muffin tin dinner, way to use leftover steak or appetizer at a party.
Here’s what you need to make these steak fajita cups
- Steak – leftover steak works great, use the best fajita marinade to give your meat the most amazing flavor
- Red pepper
- Jalapeno – optional
- Flour tortillas
Add spicy jack cheese as well if you like, we like sharp cheddar with almost every recipe.
It doesn’t take long in the oven for everything to meld together and tortillas to brown.
Steak fajita cups
- 4 oz steak
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1/2 c cheese cheddar or mix spicy jack and cheddar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cilantro
- pinch of salt and pepper cayenne optional
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425, grease a muffin pan with cooking spray. Add steak, seasonings and a drizzle of Olive oil to a food processor or chop small by hand. Heat a pan, add steak and vegetables, cook for about 3-5 minutes or until steak is cooked through. Trim tortillas down to a 4" circle, press into muffin pan. Fill cups layered with steak mixture, cheese, more steak, more cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉