Sheet pan steak fajitas are yummy and a quick meal for your family tonight. A keto low carb dinner packed with flavor and vegetables it’s sure to become a fave.
If you’re looking for a healthy sheet pan dinner these sheet pan steak fajitas should be top on your list! Packed with protein it is a low carb keto meal that everyone will love and keep everyone’s belly full.
- We have made these several different ways, you choose which one is your favorite.
BUT the “old fashioned” oven is still a fave among many so we wanted to offer this way too. All of them have lots of vegetables mixed in but this one has the most, including potatoes!
Low carb lunches such as this one are great. They’re packed with protein to keep you full, but not shy on flavor.
There are many ways to season your meat. For a simple sprinkle you can just add a little salt and pepper. If you want to go beyond that we have a light dry rub for beef below.
BUT if you want to make the best sheet pan steak fajitas you MUST use the best fajita marinade on your meat first.
Then marinade overnight and then continue on to finish the recipe as directed.
With any of these options comes the heat factor. We prefer ours to be in the mild/medium range but you can really pack on the spices if you’re daring. 😉
Ingredients needed for sheet pan fajitas:
- Rimmed baking sheet
- Small bowl to add meat and marinade
- Flank steak sliced into thin strips
- you can rub on our steak dry rub first if you want bold flavors
- Small potatoes
- Bell peppers and onions
- Olive oil
- Seasoned salt
- Garlic and garlic powder is optional
- Sriracha seasoning is great for heat
- Lime juice optional
- Sour cream and avocado as toppings served inside small flour tortillas
Steps for making steak fajitas:
- Spray cooking spray or lightly grease a large baking sheet pan
- Or line pan with non stick foil for easy clean up
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Then you’ll change to broiler when you’re ready to put them in
- 10 – 15 minutes will be the total cook time once everything is prepared
- In a bowl mix your thin slices of steak + olive oil, chili powders, cumin and other spices until well coated
- Partially precook your potatoes in the microwave if you’re adding them
- Cut vegetables into small bite size pieces
- Add everything to your sheet pan and put it under the broiler
- Flip halfway through and then enjoy!
If you want to make sheet pan chicken fajitas you could follow this recipe too, you just may need to adjust time to a bit less and ensure chicken is cooked through before consuming. Just use boneless skinless chicken breasts and cut into thin strips, marinate and add chicken and vegetables to sheet pan as directed.
Either way warm tortillas on the stovetop or microwave and serve with meat and vegetables inside.
Or just eat as is or served on top of a bed of Instant Pot white rice for a gluten free option.
- Total cook and prep time should be around 30 minutes from start to finish.
What’s great about these sheet pan steak fajitas is there are so many options when it comes to a dry rub or beef marinade. Use your own secret recipe if you have one, or use ours. When you’re using beef you can also make it as “well done” or rare as you want.
What goes with fajitas?
- Sautéed onions
- Cloves of garlic
- Peppers, any and all colors
- Chicken (or steak)
- Serve it with:
- white or brown rice
- beans, pinto or black
- tortillas, corn or flour
- sour cream
- guacamole or slices of avocado
- cheese is a must for us, I love Jack and sharp cheddar
How are you supposed to eat fajitas?
There isn’t a wrong way really!! Think outside of the box and make a fajita appetizer like these steak fajita cups!
- If you’re having people over and want a hearty meal but easier to pick up these are the answer!
- I showed you a picture of our crockpot chicken fajitas above. Great if you’re out and about all day.
- Prefer fish? Try these shrimp fajitas some night too.
What makes a fajita a fajita?
Traditionally they’re served sizzling hot using skirt steak! They’re a Tex-Mex cuisine made with any grilled meat that is served as a taco on a flour or corn tortilla.
Love making meals this way? Try our sheet pan turkey next!
Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
- Pre-cook your potatoes, either by boiling them for 15 minutes, or by poking holes in the skins with a fork and microwaving for 7 - 10 minutes. Slice cooked potatoes in half, and place cut side down on sheet pan.
- In a large bowl, toss broccoli with 2 tbs soy sauce and 1 tbs olive oil. Spread onto your sheet pan.
- Slice peppers and arrange on sheet pan. Spray lightly with oil.
- Arrange mushrooms on sheet pan, spray lightly with oil and then sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Arrange onion slices on sheet pan, spray lightly with oil and season with seasoned salt.
- Slice your steak into small slices. In a large bowl toss with 1 tbs olive oil, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp minced garlic (about 1 clove), 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/4 tsp salt. Spread onto your sheet pan in a single layer.
- Cook under a high broiler for 5-7 minutes, then flip steak and onions. Cook another 5-7 minutes or just until meat is cooked.
- Line the pan with foil before you begin, and cleanup will be a breeze!Pay attention to where your broiler is Mine is always hottest in the center, so I put more hearty items in the center of the pan.