Air Fryer Fajitas are so easy to make! We used beef with a dry rub, onions and bell peppers and they were great in our Ninja Foodi and Cosori machines.
These low carb keto air fryer fajitas are amazing! Made with a beef dry rub and as many vegetables as you’d like you too can make this air fryer dinner for your family.
- Do you love beef fajitas too?
Here are a few resources to start with:
- We have this Ninja Cooking system and this Cosori electric air fryer
- You can grab a free recipe book here. ?
- Pick up MY cookbook too!
- You’ll find more Ninja Foodi air fryer recipes here too.
- Join my Ninja Foodi EASY Recipes Facebook group for more recipes.
The ingredients are quite simple to make air fryer fajitas with beef:
- Beef cut into thin slices
- Bell peppers and onions
- Olive oil
Fajita seasoning you need to make the best dry rub for beef.
- Garlic salt
- Garlic powder
- Dry Sriracha
- Chili powder
Once you slice your beef into strips for your air fryer steak fajitas. Then you’ll add 2 tbsp. of your olive oil and mix together so the seasonings will stick well.
- Then mix your dry marinade together and dump that in too.
- Mix so all meat is coated well.
- Next add your slices of onion and bell peppers so everything gets flavorful throughout.
I like to preheat my air fryer at 390 for 3 minutes but if you forget it isn’t a huge deal breaker.
- Add half of your mixture into your air fryer basket so it doesn’t overlap.
- Timing will depend on how well done you like your meat.
- 7-10 minutes has worked well for us depending on how thick our beef strips are.
It is important to have just one layer so everything gets done at the same time. You don’t want your meat pink in one spot because a piece of bell pepper was laying on top of it.
- The thinner you slice your vegetables the softer they will be in the end too. So, slice accordingly.
I imagine you could use thinly sliced chicken breast to do the same thing, and make air fryer chicken fajitas. I haven’t done that yet. When I do I will add any additional cook time details but I’d imagine it would be on the lower end. Maybe 6 minutes would do it.
How can you cook fajitas other than an air fryer?
We’ve made sheet pan steak fajitas too in our oven.
What goes with fajitas?
- We serve ours inside small flour tortillas topped with:
- slices of avocado or guacamole
- sour cream
What cut of beef is best for fajitas?
Rump, skirt, or flank steaks are typically the best cuts of beef for fajitas! Skirt steak is tenderer and more flavorful than flank most people say. It can be cooked well done too without getting too tough.
What is the difference between skirt steak and flank steak?
Skirt steak is a thin long cut of beef from the muscles of the cow. It has a more beefy flavor than flank. To get the tenderest texture it should really only be cooked to rare or medium rare.
- It’s great in our steak fajita cups too.
Other air fryer dinner recipes you should try:
- Air fried chicken recipe
- Kids love air fryer hot dogs
- Tender air fryer chicken fried steak
- This air fryer roast beef is on our list to try next
- Then try air fryer chicken thighs for a healthy meal
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉
Air Fryer Fajitas
- Put your sliced meat into a bowl and pour 2 tbsp of your olive oil on top. Mix together.
- Combine all your spices in a small bowl and mix together well, then add in with beef and stir to coat.
- Add sliced bell peppers and onions and add your remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil on top. Stir so vegetables and meat are all coated well.
- Preheat your air fryer at 390 degrees for 3 minutes.
- Add half your fajita mixture into basket and spread out so there is little overlap.
- Set to 390 degrees for a total of 7 minutes, stir after 5 minutes. If you want your beef more well done than it is after 7 minutes then just add 1-2 more minutes. Timing will depend on how well done you like your meat and how thick your slices were.
- Put in second half of batch and do the same. Then serve inside small tortillas topped with sour cream, avocado, etc...