Air Fryer Fajitas are so easy to make! We’ve made shrimp and beef with a dry rub, onions and bell peppers. They were great in our Ninja Foodi and Cosori machines.
These low carb keto air fryer fajitas are amazing! Made with a beef dry rub and as many vegetables as you’d like you too can make this air fryer dinner for your family. (originally published 7/19, affiliate links present)
We will show you TWO different styles we’ve made thus far. Both are high in protein with TONS of flavor. You choose which one you like the best.
Air Fryer Shrimp Fajitas
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Grab the best air fryer cookbook here.
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
Air Fryer Beef Fajitas
Both are made quite similarly. You use the same dry rub and olive oil as listed below in the printable recipe card. Just the meat is swapped out. I used 2 bags of precooked, thawed out bags of medium shrimp.
The bag said there were 41-60 pieces in each one so I’d guess there was a total of 100 or so.
Only prep for these is to rinse them, remove the tails, lay on paper towels and pat dry so the seasonings will stick well.
Air fryer fajitas ingredients
- Beef cut into thin slices
- or medium defrosted, precooked shrimp with tails removed
- Bell peppers and onions
- Olive oil
Fajita seasoning you need to make the best dry rub for beef.
- Bell peppers
- you can make air fryer peppers without meat here
- Garlic salt
- Garlic powder
- Dry Sriracha
- Chili powder
We will start with how to make air fryer steak fajitas. First, slice meat. Then you’ll add 2 tbsp. of your olive oil and mix together so the seasonings will stick well.
- Then mix your dry marinade together and dump that in too.
- Mix so all meat is coated well.
- Next add your slices of onion and bell peppers so everything gets flavorful throughout.
I like to preheat my air fryer at 390 for 3 minutes but if you forget it isn’t a huge deal breaker.
- Add half of your mixture into your air fryer basket so it doesn’t overlap.
- Timing will depend on how well done you like your meat.
- 7-10 minutes has worked well for us depending on how thick our beef strips are.
It is important to have just one layer so everything gets done at the same time. You don’t want your meat pink in one spot because a piece of bell pepper was laying on top of it.
- The thinner you slice your vegetables the softer they will be in the end too. So, slice accordingly.
I imagine you could use thinly sliced chicken breast to do the same thing, and make air fryer chicken fajitas.
I haven’t done that yet. When I do I will add any additional cook time details but I’d imagine it would be on the lower end. Maybe 6 minutes would do it.
How can you cook fajitas?
We’ve made sheet pan steak fajitas too in our oven.
What goes with fajitas?
- We serve ours inside small flour tortillas topped with:
- slices of avocado or guacamole
- sour cream
What cut of beef is best for fajitas?
Rump, skirt, or flank steaks are typically the best cuts of beef for fajitas! Skirt steak is tenderer and more flavorful than flank most people say. It can be cooked well done too without getting too tough.
What is the difference between skirt steak and flank steak?
Skirt steak is a thin long cut of beef from the muscles of the cow. It has a more beefy flavor than flank. To get the tenderest texture it should really only be cooked to rare or medium rare.
- It’s great in our steak fajita cups too.
Other air fryer dinner recipes you should try:
- Air fried chicken recipe is great but air fryer scallops bring a meal to the next level
- Kids love air fryer hot dogs
- Tender air fryer chicken fried steak
- This air fryer roast beef is on our list to try next
- Then try air fryer chicken thighs for a healthy meal
Follow directions for both below:
Air Fryer Fajitas
- Put your sliced meat into a bowl and pour 2 tbsp of your olive oil on top. Mix together. If using shrimp: rinse, remove tails, place on paper towels and pat dry.
- Combine all your spices in a small bowl and mix together well, then add in with meat and stir to coat.
- Add sliced bell peppers and onions and add your remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil on top. Stir so vegetables and meat are all coated well.
- Preheat your air fryer at 390 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Add half your fajita mixture into basket and spread out so there is little overlap.
- Set to 390 degrees for a total of 7 minutes for beef or 5 minutes for shrimp, shake basket halfway thru. If you want your meat to be more well done then just add 1 more minute and check again. Timing will depend on how well done you like your meat and how thick your slices were.
- Put in second half of batch and do the same. Then serve inside small tortillas topped with sour cream, avocado, etc…