The best fajita marinade recipe is here for you to enjoy! If you’re obsessed with fajitas like we are we’re sharing the best beef marinade secret with you!
Do you order chicken or beef fajitas at your favorite Mexican restaurant and wish you could bring that great bold taste home??!! Well with the best fajita marinade recipe you can do just that and make them as spicy or tame as you want them. Get ready to make these at home for dinner this week, packed with all the veggies you like wrapped in tortillas…..oh I can taste them already!
We love steak fajitas!!
- Yes chicken fajitas are yummy too and for the most part I would choose chicken over steak…except when it comes to fajitas.
With that said you could use the best fajita marinade on chicken that has been cut into strips similar to our beef here, totally your choice.
Here is us preparing our easy steak fajita recipe, showing you all the different spices we use as a dry rub essentially. Then using a bit of olive oil and water to thin it out and transition it to a dry steak rub into the best fajita marinade recipe we’re going to share with you.
What makes the best fajita marinade
- BOLD flavors!!
- So bold they permeate the meat so the flavor isn’t just on the outside when you cook it
- A bit of heat – feel free to amp it up even more if you really like heat/this recipe is med. I would say
- Easy to throw together – I am all about easy, but flavorful
- Ability to make a batch ahead of time
- You could easily make several batches minus the olive oil and water
- Store each batch in a gallon freezer bag so they’re ready when you are
Massaging the meat is an important step too before you throw everything into your storage baggie and into the fridge to soak up all that marinade goodness!
Steps to take in order to achieve the best Mexican fajita marinade and really coat your pieces of meat:
- Cut your steak or chicken into strips
- Thinner = more flavor soaked in, more tender, AND cooks for a shorter amount of time
- Mix your fajita marinade recipe below in a bowl
- Add your fajita meat
- Massage the fajita marinade and meat – using your hands is best to really make sure it is all over each piece
- Dump contents of bowl into a gallon storage bag
- Store in fridge overnight
- Cook and enjoy!
What you will need to make the best fajita marinade for chicken or beef
- Beef or chicken – 2 lbs. is what we tend to cook at a time
- A gallon storage bag
- Olive oil
- Dry Sriracha – if you’ve never used it dry it is the bomb!!
- Garlic powder
We made our steak fajitas in the Instant Pot (recipe coming soon) but you can use the grill or stovetop.
As you can see the meat has soaked up most of the liquid that was added into the bag and looks like more of a dry rub on our beef, that is what you want!! Of course fajitas aren’t done until you add lots of veggies like onions and bell peppers for us (in all colors).
Let us know what you think!!
Some great ways to use the best fajita marinade:
- Crockpot chicken fajitas
- Instant Pot tacos
- Instant Pot fajitas – coming soon
- Barbecue steak fajitas
- If you’re using the bbq pair them with our brussel sprouts on the grill recipe
- Smoked fajitas
Here is the printable recipe
Best Fajita Marinade
- Mix all spices together well, add olive oil and mix. Then add water or broth and combine well.
- Add to a bowl or gallon freezer bag with meat and mix well (using your hands to massage it into the meat works best).
- Put mixture into a gallon bag, zip, and store in fridge overnight.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉