Easy crockpot chicken fajitas recipe your whole family will love!! Our favorite slow cooker recipe that’s cheap, really easy and a healthy meal too.
We are all about easy crockpot recipes here at The Typical Mom and this crockpot chicken fajitas recipe is another great one we added into our meal planning rotation. It’s ingredients are healthy, incorporate veggies, and together it tastes amazing stuffed inside a small tortilla with a bit of cheese on top. Oh my one of my favorite meals. Let us know what you think of this, one of our favorite crockpot recipes! (originally published 8/16)
I will start by saying I typically do not like onions or bell peppers in anything, however the taste they give the chicken in this crockpot chicken fajitas recipe is amazing!! Even if you don’t eat those and just eat the chicken it is the tenderest and most flavorful chicken ever, and you literally throw everything in to cook all day…my kind of meal!
- If you don’t have a larger slow cooker, this one is my favorite.
Here is what you need.
I used a whole onion and 3 bell peppers.
You put them on the bottom but into large chunks and place the chicken breasts on top of those with your spices on top.
- You could buy and use the packet of fajitas or taco seasoning you find in the store but really you can use what is in your cupboard and save you a trip + a bit of money too.
What you need to make easy crockpot chicken fajitas
- Chicken – use the best fajita marinade here to season your chicken incredibly
- Bell peppers
- Toppings – cheese, sour cream, avocado
Add more chili powder or cayenne powder if you want more spice or less salt if you’re watching your intake but these measurements turn out amazing for us! It is a pretty inexpensive and quite healthy crockpot recipe too which I love.
I like topping our fajita tacos with some sour cream, a slice of avocado, some shredded spicy jack cheese and could add some salsa too. The chicken is really flavorful and is great the next day too if you have anything leftover.
Looking for more easy slow cooker recipes?
Crockpot chicken fajitas
- 1 onion
- 3 bell peppers
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp Lawrys seasoning or bypass all these seasonings and use taco seasoning packet, or use recipe above for the best fajita marinade (suggested)
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder more for spicer flavor
- sour cream
- Chop onion and bell peppers into large chunks and place at bottom of crockpot.
- Place chicken breasts on top of that and sprinkle spices (or taco packet seasoning, or use best fajita marinade recipe the day before) over breasts.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hrs. Shred chicken before serving. Add to tortillas for tacos.
Enjoy my friends!
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉