Here’s an easy slow cooker stuffed cabbage soup recipe your family will love! Unstuffed cabbage soup you could call it and cooks on it’s own all day in your crockpot. If you love bold flavors this homemade cabbage soup will bring you back to your childhood for sure.
If you have never made anything with cabbage you may be hesitant, I know I was at first. I am not a huge salad lover and cabbage just felt like “an old person food”. I don’t know why it just did. But, I can tell you I am a lover of it now after a few recipes like this slow cooker stuffed cabbage soup. All of us just loved!! It’s one of our favorite comfort foods now listed on our long list of crockpot recipes.
This came out amazing!! I don’t know what it is now about cabbage but it is really good! I do love my slow cooker stuffed cabbage recipe but that is labor intensive.
This slow cooker stuffed cabbage soup you literally throw together and the taste is almost identical.
The ingredients are rather simple. I generally buy whatever brand is on sale. This feeds all 5 of us easily so depending on whether you’re serving it as a main dish or a side dish it feeds a decent amount of people.
Here is what you’ll need to make this slow cooker stuffed cabbage soup recipe
- Rice – uncooked, we prefer Jasmine
- Beef broth
- Spaghetti sauce
- Tomato soup
- Ground beef
Here’s what ours looks like. I will say that there is a variation to the timing depending on how soft you like your cabbage. We prefer ours with a little texture still, not mushy. The timing above reflects that. If you really want it super soft then you’d need to add maybe 30 minutes more on to the cook time, check, and add another 30 if you think it needs it.
Looking for other easy slow cooker recipes?
- Crockpot split pea soup
- Slow cooker chicken and dumplings
- Crockpot potatoes are the perfect side dish with 5 ingredient chili inside
- We have other simple cabbage recipes here too
If you love this and have a pressure cooker you’ve got to try this Instant Pot stuffed cabbage casserole!
If you’re ready to try the best unstuffed cabbage recipe this is it!
Tweaks you could make to this stuffed cabbage soup:
- Use hamburger or ground sausage. We think spicy ground sausage is best.
- Add rice for a heartier meal. Omit if desired.
- Use less beef broth if you want it to be thicker, more cabbage casserole style.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉
Printable recipe for crockpot cabbage roll soup below.
Slow Cooker Stuffed Cabbage Soup
- Cook ground beef and onions in a skillet on the stovetop until meat is brown. Add to your slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients except your cabbage into your crockpot and slowly stir together.
- Add cabbage pieces to the top and push down gently into soup mixture.
- Set slow cooker to high and cook for 4 hours, serve with a bit of parmesan cheese on top!