Bisquick muffins can be made with blueberries, chocolate chips or lemon like we did here. Fluffy, easy and quick to throw together and bake.
Bisquick muffins are so versatile! This time we added lemon but using this basic batter you can change it up any way you’d like. Just one of the best muffin recipes here on The Typical Mom. (affiliate links present)
Bisquick Blueberry Muffins
A while back we made this easy muffin recipe that you too can add just about any add ins to it. Blueberries are great, or lemon zest like you see here. Tons of possibilities.
BUT if you want an even simpler way you can use this ready made boxed mix. There are other similar brands out there but just keep in mind that the amounts for dry mix and ingredients to make 1 batch of batter will vary.
You really can use this biscuit mix to make all sorts of things, this is just the beginning. Our Bisquick cobbler with frozen fruit is amazing too.
Let’s talk a bit about my favorite things when it comes to muffins though shall we?
- You really should get a 24 cup muffin pan, or opt for a quicker baking time with mini muffins.
- I ALWAYS use muffin liners and you should too. They make cleanup easier and grab and go breakfasts a thang. 😉
- No pan, no problem! Use these self standing muffin cups instead!
- This is the best way to store leftovers so they don’t get smushed!
You don’t need a stand mixer but this baby sure does make things handy if you have one. Just throw it all in and mix, then fold in what flavor(s) you want at the end.
Bisquick Breakfast Muffins
They’re perfect at the beginning of the day or a yummy dessert too. If you have fresh fruit you could fold those in at the end instead of just lemon juice and zest.
- Bisquick mix + ingredients necessary to make 1 batch of 14
- 1 extra egg than what is listed will transition this from pancakes to muffins
For this brand you need 2 c. mix + 2 c. milk and 1 egg. If you use a different type it may require slightly different measurements.
If you want to make these, fresh lemon is best versus bottled. Then you can use the zest as well. In that regard you could swap it out for orange, mandarins, or any other citrus you’d prefer.
Bisquick Blueberry Muffins
Want to add fresh blueberries to make a sort of lemon blueberry loaf but small and handheld, just fold them in at the end. I wouldn’t use frozen and defrosted.
What can you do with Bisquick?
Beyond this idea? Well you can bake Bisquick biscuits in the oven or make air fryer biscuits if you follow the directions to make biscuit dough. They come out quite good and a great side dish. Love Red Lobster? You can follow our Bisquick cheddar bay biscuits recipe to make them at home yourself.
Use the same batter to place dollops inside Instant Pot chicken and dumplings. For dessert though, you’ve gotta’ make Bisquick chocolate chip cookies!
You do not need 2 medium bowls to mix this, for dry and wet ingredients. Since there is essentially 2 main items you can just measure and combine them together in one.
I use regular size muffin cups inside a muffin tin. Mini muffin pans work too but the timing would be less, almost half. Both come out light and fluffy as long as you do not over-bake them.
My tip for this is to set to the minimum time since oven temps and altitudes vary slightly. As soon as the middle springs back when touched gently with your finger take them out!
- Beyond that remove them from the pan itself and place on a cooling rack.
You can use a toothpick if you’d prefer but the finger trick I’ve used for years and years and works best if you ask me.
Time needed: 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl mix batter for 14 pancakes.
If using Bisquick brand you’ll mix together 2 cups dry mix + 1 cup milk (2% or whole is best) + 2 eggs.
Then add 1 additional egg to the mix and whisk until smooth. Add lemon juice and zest, stir. Spray muffin pan or use liners. Fill 3/4 of the way full – will make 12-15 muffins.
Now bake for about 15 minutes or until top springs back when touched gently in the middle with your finger.
Remove from muffin pan and place on cooling rack. Shake powdered sugar on top for added sweetness and enjoy.
15-18 minutes or until golden brown is typically the perfect amount of bake time. From start to finish you’ll need 30 minutes to get these done.
Is Bisquick the same as pancake mix?
Kind of. You can make pancakes with this popular brand name but not vice versa. There are a few different Bisquick recipes on the side of the box you can use.
Once you have the basic batter for any of these you can alter slightly. Want sweeter flapjacks, add a bit of brown sugar into the mix or 1/3 cup mashed ripe bananas. It is super versatile!
Bisquick Chocolate Chip Muffins
Yep, these are very possible too. I prefer semi sweet chips, mini style and you’d never know they weren’t homemade. Great idea when neighbors move in or someone pops by to say hi and you want to have a treat.
Bisquick Muffins Blueberry
Yep you can add any sort of fresh or frozen fruit into the mix too. Gently fold them in at the very end. Blueberries probably work best.
Looking for other easy breakfast ideas? We have a bunch but here are a few that are great served with these, or instead of;
- Our huckleberry muffins use the easy muffin batter shared above.
- Serve some air fryer egg bites with these for brunch and everyone will say YUM.
- You can “bake” these using our muffins in air fryer directions, that is fun!
Apple carrot muffins are a great combination with fruit and vegetables inside!
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
- 2 c bisquick
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c sugar
- 2/3 c milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tsp lemon juice for lemon muffins
- 1 tbsp lemon zest for lemon muffins
- 3/4 c blueberries fresh or frozen for blueberry muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl mix all ingredients, then decide which type of fruit flavor you'd like.
- Add lemon juice and zest for lemon bisquick muffins or whole berries for another version.
- Spray muffin pan or use liners. Fill 3/4 of the way full – will make 12-15 muffins.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until top springs back when touched gently in the middle with your finger.
- Remove from muffin pan and place on cooling rack. Shake powdered sugar on top for added sweetness and enjoy.
Monday 7th of March 2022
I like how easy this recipe was. The smell and texture were great, but there was no sweetener in the recipe itself. I didn't realize it until after I had the muffins in the oven. If I make them again, I will have to add some.