This easy Instant Pot chicken and dumplings recipe is so yummy!i Takes just 20 minutes to make the best pressure cooker chicken recipe ever. The ultimate comfort food made in no time at all and a complete meal all wrapped up in one.
I am serious when I say that this Instant Pot chicken and dumplings recipe is probably our favorite, especially when it’s chilly outside. You can make it in your pressure cooker too if that is what you have. It’s done in about 20 minutes and not only is the chicken super tender but the sauce is creamy and the biscuits are just the right consistency. NO need to make biscuits from scratch, we are all about easy recipes here, and ready made refrigerated style works great! One of our favorite Instant Pot recipes that reminds me of my childhood. (originally published 4/17)
Ever since I got my Instant Pot I make everything in there because everything cooks so quickly!
I have made a multitude of Instant Pot soup recipes which I feel this one falls into.
This is what you’ll need to make this Instant Pot chicken and dumplings recipe
- Pressure cooker
- I HIGHLY recommend getting this non stick pot
- Chicken breasts
- Chicken broth
- Refrigerated biscuits
- if you can’t find biscuits, you could try and make biscuit dough with Bisquick.
- I have only done this for my crockpot version
I have had some people outside the United States say they cannot find refrigerated biscuits at the store. To that I say you could try and make biscuit dough with Bisquick and add that at the end. I did with this recipe for slow cooker chicken and dumplings.
You could also just skip that portion and serve biscuits on the side.
I wish I was more help with that but I have always had access to them. Just trying to think outside of the box if that’s the case.
Yes you can whip up some biscuit batter and use that but if I can find a quicker way to make the same thing I’m all about it so……refrigerated biscuits it is. Of course you want a soft consistency and these do the trick perfectly. If you’re looking for an easy way to make chicken and dumplings in your Instant Pot or pressure cooker you’ve got to give this one a whirl.
If you make a pressure cooker turkey this year you could easily use the leftovers in this instead of chicken and it would taste amazing!
There are so many possibilities….add more and different vegetables if you want too!
Here’s a video showing you how we make chicken and dumplings
Looking for more easy Instant Pot chicken recipes ??
- Instant Pot chicken noodle soup
- 3 ingredient Instant Pot teriyaki chicken
- Super easy Instant Pot whole chicken
Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (can add more, but I would add more broth and milk to have more liquid at the end)
- 3 carrots sliced
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 c chicken broth (add more if you like a lot of liquid)
- 1/2 c milk (whole is best, add a bit more if you want more liquid)
- 3 Grands refrigerated biscuits (cut into spoon size pieces)
- 1 tsp salt optional - we usually don't add any
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp pepper
- Put chicken, vegetables, seasonings and chicken broth in your Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
- Put lid on and set for manual, pressure, low for 13 minutes.
- When done do a quick release and lift lid carefully.
- Remove chicken and put in a bowl, cover to keep warm.
- Set IP to saute and add cut up biscuits, put inside of liquid mixture.
- Wait until it boils and allow to bubble for 1 full minute.
- Put lid back on and set to manual, pressure, low, for 4 minutes.
- Do a quick release when done and carefully lift lid.
- Pour milk in with liquid and stir slightly. Add a bit of cornstarch and a bit of your hot broth in a bowl and whisk together ( if you desire it to be thicker) pour this mixture into your pot and stir gently.
- Set to saute again.
- Shred cooked chicken and add back into your IP. Allow IP to start to boil/bubble again for about 1 full minute to mix all liquids. Serve!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉