Homemade Air fryer bread is easy to make with just 6 ingredients and very little kneading required. Perfectly fluffy white bread done in no time.
Air fryer bread is so easy to make! Baking bread is sometimes a very lengthy process, unless you have an easy air fryer recipe like this one! Of course you can make it in any brand you have and enjoy at breakfast time or with dinner.
Have you tried baking in an air fryer yet? If not it is kinda’ fun and opens up a world of possibilities.
We’ve even made air fryer cookies! I know, game changer my friend.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
In just 20 minutes with some time to rise you too can make this homemade bread recipe with yeast we love so much.
- Easy air fryer recipes really cut down on the cooking time, baking bread at home has never been easier I tell you!
- You can even make things like air fryer naan too which is great with Indian food.
You just need a few homemade white bread ingredients to get started. You can see them here.
For a quick idea you can follow our frozen biscuits in air fryer directions but this is so much better if you have the time.
If you have prepared dough like this before it isn’t much different, just maybe a smaller amount.
You will need 2 mini loaf pans to make this to start with. Since all air fryer baskets are different sizes and shapes you may be able to fit both pans, or one at a time.
We have this electric air fryer also which has a nice large, square basket which both at the same time.
- Warm water
- Vegetable oil
- Melted butter
As with any other homemade bread recipe you’ll want to combine the warm water, yeast and sugar together until it gets bubbly!
Use just a bit of cooking spray inside of your pans if it already has a non stick or Teflon coating.
Adding too much can inhibit the bread from rising properly. You want it to be able to grab ahold of the sides enough to be airy inside.
Another tip is you’ll want to pre heat your machine when
Baking in an air fryer
- This goes for making air fryer banana bread too.
- I suggest if you are looking for an overripe banana recipe you give that a whirl.
With mashed bananas, baking soda, and a few other ingredients you too can bake a quick and easy mini bundt cake too.
Yes you still have to allow the bread dough to rise for about an hour. This is an important step so that it becomes light and perfect.
This recipe will make 2 small loaf pans full which I would say would create about 12 servings, depending on how thick your slices are of course.
- Once you split your dough into two equal pieces and place it into your pans, it will need to rise again.
- As soon as the dough rises just above the lip of the pans, they’re about ready to bake and get golden brown on the top.
How do you know when bread is done baking?
There are two ways I have done this. Most people use a toothpick or knife in the middle to ensure it comes out clean.
You can also remove the loaf and knock on the bottom. If it sounds hollow it’s done!
How long should bread rest after baking?
It’s important to allow bread to cool all the way, barely warm. It will continue to cook in the pans as it cools which is a necessary step for perfection.
Rolls will take only about 20 minutes. Bread in loaf pans can take as long as 1 hour. Since these are smaller versions it is closer to 35 minutes or so.
- Another reason to allow loaves to cool is that they will slice a lot cleaner if they’re not fresh out of the oven (or air fryer in this case).
If you try to do it right away you will find that it will rip apart and you’ll be disappointed.
Just give it a bit of time on a cooling rack to reach perfection, it will be worth it!
Ninja Foodi Bread
Looking for another easy bread recipe to try?
Both are terrific side dishes you can make in little to no time in your “magic machine”.
If you want it a bit easier though, you can use frozen rolls and make this amazing pull apart air fryer garlic bread recipe or air fryer biscuits. It goes with everything and comes out just like homemade.
This bread in a bag activity is fun and a really yummy way to make homemade honey wheat bread.
- For a sweet bread, this is how to make Challah.
- If you have no yeast you can try our beer bread recipe or air fryer tortillas.
Try our surprise cake for something sweet tonight. This is a fun thing to do with your kids. Make any shape and color you like!
Printable recipe is below complete with nutritional information such as saturated fat amounts etc.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Air Fryer Bread
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk warm water, sugar, and yeast together. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes or until it appears bubbly and foamy.
- Add milk and whisk again. Add salt and vegetable oil. Whisk again. Add flour 1/2 cup at a time, combining well until it forms a ball.
- Continue kneading dough on a floured surface for about 5 minutes. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, rolling it to cover all sides in oil.
- Cover bowl with a thick kitchen towel and allow the dough to rise for about an hour. This time will depend on the temperate and humidity level of your kitchen. When it doubles in size, punch it down and knead it for 1 minute.
- Split dough in half and form each piece into a loaf shape. Put dough in oiled mini loaf pans. Cover with a kitchen towel and allow the dough to rise (about 30 minutes) again until it is about an inch above the pan.
- Brush each loaf with melted butter. Place pans in your air fryer basket. Air fry at 330 degrees for 12 minutes.