Homemade Air fryer bread is easy to make with just 6 ingredients and very little kneading required. Perfectly fluffy white bread done in no time.
Air fryer bread is so easy to make! Baking bread is sometimes a very lengthy process, unless you have a simple Ninja Foodi recipe like this one! Of course you can make it in any brand you have and enjoy at breakfast time or with dinner.
- In just 20 minutes with some time to rise you too can make this homemade bread recipe with yeast we love so much.
- Easy air fryer recipes really cut down on the cooking time, baking bread at home has never been easier I tell you!
You just need a few homemade white bread ingredients to get started:
You will need 2 mini loaf pans to make this to start with. Since all air fryer baskets are different sizes and shapes you may be able to fit both pans, or one at a time.
We have this electric air fryer also which has a nice large, square basket which both at the same time.
- All purpose flour
- make sure to measure flour properly
- Active dry yeast
- Warm water
- Vegetable oil
- Melted butter
As with any other homemade bread recipe you’ll want to combine the warm water, yeast and sugar together until it gets bubbly!
Use just a bit of cooking spray inside of your pans if it already has a non stick or Teflon coating.
Adding too much can inhibit the bread from rising properly. You want it to be able to grab ahold of the sides enough to be airy inside. Another tip is you’ll want to pre heat your machine when baking in an air fryer.
- This goes for making air fryer banana bread too.
- I suggest if you are looking for an overripe banana recipe you give that a whirl.
- With mashed bananas, baking soda, and a few other ingredients you too can bake a quick and easy mini bundt cake too.
Yes you still have to allow the bread dough to rise for about an hour. This is an important step so that it becomes light and perfect. This recipe will make 2 small loaf pans full which I would say would create about 12 servings, depending on how thick your slices are of course.
- Once you split your dough into two equal pieces and place it into your pans, it will need to rise again.
- As soon as the dough rises just above the lip of the pans, they’re about ready to bake and get golden brown on the top.
How do you know when bread is done baking? There are two ways I have done this. Most people use a toothpick or knife in the middle to ensure it comes out clean. You can also remove the loaf and knock on the bottom. If it sounds hollow it’s done!
How long should bread rest after baking? It’s important to allow bread to cool all the way, barely warm. It will continue to cook in the pans as it cools which is a necessary step for perfection.
Rolls will take only about 20 minutes. Bread in loaf pans can take as long as 1 hour. Since these are smaller versions it is closer to 35 minutes or so.
- Another reason to allow loaves to cool is that they will slice a lot cleaner if they’re not fresh out of the oven (or air fryer in this case).
- If you try to do it right away you will find that it will rip apart and you’ll be disappointed. Just give it a bit of time on a cooling rack to reach perfection, it will be worth it!
Looking for another easy bread recipe to try?
We have an easy no yeast bread recipe here you can try.
- This bread in a bag activity is fun and a really yummy way to make homemade honey wheat bread.
- For a sweet bread, this is how to make Challah.
- If you have no yeast you can try our beer bread recipe or air fryer tortillas.
- Try our surprise cake for something sweet tonight.
Printable recipe is below complete with nutritional information such as saturated fat amounts etc… If you want more easy recipes like this one make sure to sign up for our free newsletter here so you’ll get them weekly via email.
Air Fryer Bread
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk warm water, sugar, and yeast together. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes or until it appears bubbly and foamy.
- Add milk and whisk again. Add salt and vegetable oil. Whisk again. Add flour 1/2 cup at a time, combining well until it forms a ball.
- Continue kneading dough on a floured surface for about 5 minutes. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, rolling it to cover all sides in oil.
- Cover bowl with a thick kitchen towel and allow the dough to rise for about an hour. This time will depend on the temperate and humidity level of your kitchen. When it doubles in size, punch it down and knead it for 1 minute.
- Split dough in half and form each piece into a loaf shape. Put dough in oiled mini loaf pans. Cover with a kitchen towel and allow the dough to rise (about 30 minutes) again until it is about an inch above the pan.
- Brush each loaf with melted butter. Place pans in your air fryer basket. Air fry at 330 degrees for 12 minutes.