Air fryer cornbread comes out so pretty! Baking in an air fryer works fantastic and saves room in your oven during the holidays too.
Have you made air fryer cornbread yet? It’s a great side dish alongside any meal. Make it sweet or savory with diced chiles and it’s moist every time. One of our favorite easy air fryer recipes. (affiliate links present)
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Grab the best air fryer cookbook here.
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
You can use any brand machine you have. I like this one because the basket is nice and big, and square.
Yes. With meats and vegetables you don’t want to so the air can circulate around each piece.
When it comes to baking in an air fryer it is necessary. I like this small bundt pan and springform pan.
Most Instant Pot accessories will fit into this machine too, just FYI.
Silicone cups are better. If you wanted to use this batter to instead make air fryer muffins you could do that too. Cornbread muffins would take a lot less time.
I have a homemade cornbread recipe below for this you can follow. There are tons of variations though. Most cornmeal boxes or bags have a recipe on the back too.
It is kinda’ crumbly by nature. If you use more flour it will stick together a bit better. Using full fat buttermilk will help keep it moist too.
Ok here we go with the instructions. I accidentally grabbed a lower fat buttermilk, I wouldn’t recommend that if you have the choice. You want it to be as moist as possible.
Cornbread in air fryer
Of course you can use your own favorite recipe for this. If you don’t have one I provided a version below too.
- You will need this 7″ bundt pan
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Non stick cooking spray
- Aluminum foil
To save myself more dishes to wash I just mix the dry ingredients in a large measuring cup and the wet in another, then combine.
Make sure the butter is melted so the batter becomes smooth. If you decide to add a can of diced chiles you will have about 1/4 cup of batter left over after filling the bundt 3/4 of the way full.
If you make muffins just use it all until the mixture is all baked. I haven’t tried this in any other pan as of yet because this comes out so well.
- If you had a small iron skillet you may be able to make 2 batches since it would be more shallow and take less time.
Time needed: 44 minutes.
Air Fryer Cornbread
In a bowl mix dry ingredients. In another bowl add melted butter and remaining wet ingredients, stir both. Add wet ingredients into dry bowl and stir until combined.
Preheat air fryer to 330 degrees F for 5 minutes. Spray 7″ bundt pan with non stick spray and pour batter inside leaving 1″ space left at the top, there will be a bit of batter left over.
Cover pan loosely with foil and put into air fryer basket. Cook at 330 degrees covered for 35 minutes. Then remove foil and increase temperature to 350 F and cook for another 9 minutes.
- Check and serve
Put toothpick into center and ensure there is no wet batter left (if using this size pan this timing is perfect). Remove pan, put plate on top, carefully flip over, slice and serve.
Love this and want more ideas for your machine? Below leave email and website can be bookmarked on your computer browser for the next time.
We add new recipes 5 times a week, most pressure cooker recipes take only 15 minutes.
Rather use your pressure cooker and make Instant Pot cornbread? Try them both and see which you prefer.
Air Fryer Cornbread
- In a bowl mix dry ingredients. In another bowl add melted butter and remaining wet ingredients, stir both.
- Add wet ingredients into dry bowl and stir until combined.
- Preheat air fryer to 330 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Spray 7" bundt pan with non stick spray and pour batter inside leaving 1" space left at the top, there will be a bit of batter left over.
- Cover pan loosely with foil and put into air fryer basket.
- Cook at 330 degrees covered for 35 minutes. Then remove foil and increase temperature to 350 F and cook for another 9 minutes.
- Remove pan, put plate on top, carefully flip over, slice and serve.