This pressure cooker cornbread is the perfect side dish for any holiday and perfect served with chili! An easy homemade cornbread recipe cooked right in your Instant Pot and comes out so moist and pretty using this bundt pan. Add some chiles and even jalapenos and enjoy your favorite bread in no time at all.
I have used my mini bundt pan to cook some wonderful desserts in my Instant Pot but hadn’t attempted any sort of pressure cooker bread until the other night and it worked really well. Why would you bother cooking pressure cooker cornbread instead of putting it in your oven you might ask. Well during the summertime there is NO way I am going to turn on my oven! Now you can make Instant Pot cornbread for the holidays or any time of year. It’s definitely a favorite side dish Instant Pot recipes. (originally published 3/18)
I used the recipe on the back of the Albers yellow corn meal box and added the can of chiles because I thought that would give it a wonderful flavor and it did.
You can use any cornmeal mix to make pressure cooker cornbread really.
I will say everyone has a preference when it comes to cornbread. One difference would be the add ins.
Want to make spicy cornbread? Add some diced jalapenos if you do. I don’t prefer that but still like added flavor so I like added a can of diced chiles to ours.
It made our pressure cooker cornbread really flavorful.
It came out really well the first time around even though I wasn’t sure of the timing.
I put it in for 38 minutes and once it cooled was cooked perfectly thru as you can see here. If you prefer it moister you could set it for closer to 35 minutes.
I used my mini bundt pan which is one of my Instant Pot accessory recommendations and it helps with cooking it evenly I think.
When you use a springform pan instead the inside is going to be moister than the outer rim. I just think using this not only cooks evenly but looks really pretty when you serve it!
I have a 6 qt. Instant Pot and this would serve probably 10-12 people as a side dish with 1 piece each, I wouldn’t add any more to the pan or it will overflow.
Here is what you’ll need to make this easy pressure cooker cornbread + a video showing you how to make it.
It pairs perfectly with our Instant Pot chili so try them both tonight!
If you’re making this for a get together here are other Instant Pot side dishes you can make
- Instant Pot corn
- Our Instant Pot creamed corn is yummy too
- Cheesy Instant Pot scalloped potatoes
- All holidays need a serving of this Instant Pot corn casserole recipe
Pressure Cooker Cornbread
- Add all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl gently whip your egg and add your buttermilk and oil, dump this into your dry mixture and fold together gently until combined.
- Add can of diced chiles (makes it taste really good and not spicy if you use mild, medium is great too). Fold together.
- Spray the inside of your 6 c bundt pan (this will fit inside a 6qt and 8qt Instant Pot or other pressure cooker). Pour batter inside.
- Cover top of bundt pan with a paper towel and then with foil and seal around edges.
- Put a trivet inside your Instant Pot with 2 cups water.
- Lower your bundt pan on to your trivet (use a sling so you can lift it back out).
- Close your lid and steam valve and set to pressure, high, for 35 minutes.
- Allow to naturally release. Take bundt pan out, remove foil and paper towel and cool on a cooling rack.
- Gently loosen edges from pan so it will slide out. Put cutting board or plate on top and carefully flip over. Remove bundt pan, cut and serve.