Instant Pot creamed corn is cheesy and creamy. The perfect holiday side dish for Easter, Thanksgiving or Christmas. It’s so good we eat it year round!
When the holidays arrive I’m all about yummy side dishes!! This Instant Pot creamed corn is one of our favorites. I am sure you’ve had cream corn in the can but making it homemade is a whole different ball game. Add as much cheese as you want to make a cheesy bite of goodness.
You can really use any pressure cooker to make our Instant Pot creamed corn recipe.
We also have a Ninja Foodi pressure cooker and air fryer which we use to make this as well. You will want to use frozen corn so it doesn’t overcook and get too soft. Then, leave your cream cheese on the counter for a bit so it softens up and melts better at the end.
Another reason you’ll want your cream cheese to be more room temperature is because it won’t clump up when it’s on the saute function. Really cold cream cheese tends to melt strangely and create small bits left in the mixture. It won’t taste different, it just isn’t as pretty.
- If you have an oven safe dish already that fits inside your pressure cooker then you’re set. If not I will share a link ton one that fits well.
Add as much cheese, and whatever type of cheese you like at the end. The more the better as far as we are concerned, but that is personal preference really.
Can I make pressure cooker cream corn on the stovetop?
- Just follow the directions below, except start on step 2
- Stir together the first 3 ingredients in a pot over low/medium heat
- Once corn is tender, add last 3 things
- Consistently stir over low heat until cheese is melted
- Thin out with more milk if desired
What you need to make this easy Instant Pot creamed corn dish
- A 32 ounce (or bigger) bowl that fits inside your pressure cooker – this one is perfect & will fit into a 6 or 8 qt. pot
- Frozen corn
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese – we prefer sharp
Looking for other corn recipes?
- Our Instant Pot potato corn chowder is out of this world
- You can make crockpot corn chowder too
- This cream corn casserole recipe is cooked in the oven and gets rave reviews
- That led us to make this Instant Pot corn casserole recipe that’s inspired by the one above but in the pressure cooker
- You can make pressure cooker cornbread too!
- Confetti corn recipe is fun
Instant Pot Creamed Corn
- Pour 1.5 c of water into your pressure cooker and put a trivet in the middle of your pot.
- In a bowl that is oven/pressure cooker safe add your frozen corn, 1 tbsp water, butter and sugar. Place bowl on trivet. (use foil sling or trivet with handles so you can lift it back out)
- Close your lid and steam valve and set to pressure high for 4 minutes. Do a quick release when done.
- Remove bowl and trivet, drain water inside the pot. Dump buttery corn mixture into your inner pot and set to saute, low.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese and cream cheese (cut into small blocks so it melts easier) and stir slowly until cheeses melt. Add milk to thin out, can add more or less depending on how thick you like it.
- Then turn pot off, transfer to a serving dish and serve!