16 corn side dish recipes your whole family will love during the holidays and year round! Smoked, grilled, in salads, Honey Butter Skillet Corn on the stove or made into casseroles + surprising other ways.
15 corn side dishes that need to be on your radar! Creating delicious corn side dishes doesn’t have to be hard! These simple corn recipes are ones that are perfect for Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter! You need to try them all. (affiliate links present)
Side Dishes with Corn
Sometimes finding a delicious side dish like Jiffy Cream Cheese Corn Casserole can be just as difficult as thinking up a recipe for the main course. But guess what? Everyone tends to overlook the versatility of corn!
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
And be automatically signed up for our free newsletter too!
- There are so many ways to cook corn out there, you could literally eat it every day for the month and still not run out of options.
- We will start with our air fryer corn instructions.
Corn Side Dishes
Luckily, I’ve compiled 15 corn side dishes for you to help make your meal planning a breeze! With the Summer months coming up, these recipes are great for outdoor eating and entertaining!
- Southern Jiffy cornbread salad is layered and so pretty to serve!
- Grilled Corn and Shrimp Salad – While this is technically a side dish, the added ingredients could absolutely make this a main dish as well. So light and tasty!
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob – Let your Instant Pot do all the work for you in creating the perfect corn on the cob. So simple you just won’t believe it.
- use frozen corn or fresh corn
Side Dishes with Corn on the Cob
If you remove the kernels from the cob there are even more things you can make with those. Let’s start with roasted chili corn salsa that goes well inside tacos or served with chips.
- Adding in a bit of Mexican flavor and taste is a sure-fire win. Then combining it with potatoes? Certain to be a hit at your next outdoor BBQ.
- Jalapeno Lime and Corn Fritters – If you love a hint of spice, you’ll love this corn side dish recipe. Plus, the lime really sets that flavor apart.
- Then try our Instant Pot chicken pot pie soup using canned corn.
- Buttered Corn – Simple, yet perfect for a side dish. You’ll be amazed at how kids will just gobble this recipe up again and again!
- Add a mix of veggies and make Instant Pot vegetables all together in 1 pot.
Smoked Corn – A great way to cook them if you’re using your grill anyway! Keep them in the husk and throw them right on.
Cheap Vegetable Side Dishes
If you’re lucky enough to have your own garden, you can use your own homegrown corn for these recipes. And if not, no worries. The local market literally has everything that you need.
- Our Instant Pot potato corn chowder is probably our favorite dinner ever!! Using fresh corn kernels and diced potatoes it is a dinner that will be asked for again and again.
- We’ve made Instant Pot cornbread too.
- Cheesy Fritters – If you’ve never had corn fritters, you’re missing out. Seriously the perfect side for any occasion.
- Summertime Fresh Kernel Corn Salad – This side dish just screams summer! Light and delicious!
- Jiffy Cornbread Casserole – Have a box of Jiffy mix lying around? Here’s one way to use it up! Some call it corn pudding.
With cream style corn this corn pudding dish is a MUST at all of the major holidays. It is a great side for everyone and they will surely ask you for the recipe too.
Vegetable Side Dishes
Corn is one of those veggies that can really be added to almost anything. Plus, when the summer months roll around, there’s nothing quite like a good old ear of corn on the cob.
- Sweet Corn Cake – Who says that sweet corn can’t be made even sweeter? These corn cakes are addictive! Served with chicken or pork it’s always a hit!
- Pressure Cooker Vegetarian Corn Chowder – While this is a chowder, it’s still a great recipe to use for any time of the year. Simple, delicious, light and filling!
- Instant Pot Creamed Corn – Add a fun little pop of spice to your corn with this simple Instant Pot side dish recipe. Want to make it spicy? Add in some heat with Sriracha. A smooth dish with cream cheese, OH YES!
We have a ton of great Crockpot side dishes you can choose from as well. Vegetables galore.
Canned Corn Side Dish Recipes
Crock Pot Creamy Fiesta Bacon Corn – Any type of creamy corn is always a good idea! The taste and flavors of this recipe are really, really good!
- Slow cooker corn on the cob is a great option if that’s your favorite method of cooking.
- Easy Black Bean Corn Salsa – Great topper for tacos, fish, or serve in a small cast iron skillet for a fun party dip.
- Zucchini Corn and Bean Salad – Corn and zucchini go together like peanut butter and jelly. Seriously, it’s just that good.
Make corn a priority on your side dishes and give these awesome recipes a try. Your family and friends will love the variety and taste and you’ll love getting and receiving all the credit! Want to add another veggie on the side too? Try slow cooker cabbage we love.
Corn Side Dish Recipes
- 1 cast iron skillet
- Melt butter in pan on medium heat. Add corn kernels, stir to coat with butter. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in salt and pepper and 1 tbsp honey to start until hot and bubbly. Cut cream cheese into small pieces and add to corn.
- Stir until it melts and becomes creamy, approximately 2 minutes. Taste, add more honey if you want it sweeter. Serve
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!