16 corn side dish recipes your whole family will love during the holidays and year round! Smoked, grilled, in salads, casseroles and surprising other ways.
Sometimes finding a delicious side dish can be just as difficult as thinking up a recipe for the main course. But guess what? Everyone tends to overlook the versatility of corn!
- There are so many ways to cook corn out there, you could literally eat it every day for the month and still not run out of options.
- We will start with our air fryer corn instructions.
Sign up for The Typical Mom newsletter to receive more easy recipes and more via email too!
Luckily, I’ve compiled 15 corn side dishes for you to help make your meal planning a breeze! With the Summer months coming up, these recipes are great for outdoor eating and entertaining!
18 Corn Side Dish Recipes that Need to be on your Radar
- Southern cornbread salad is layered and so pretty to serve!
- Grilled Corn and Shrimp Salad – While this is technically a side dish, the added ingredients could absolutely make this a main dish as well. So light and tasty!
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob – Let your Instant Pot do all the work for you in creating the perfect corn on the cob. So simple you just won’t believe it.
- use frozen corn or fresh corn
- Mexican Street Corn Potato Salad – Adding in a bit of Mexican flavor and taste is a sure-fire win. Then combining it with potatoes? Certain to be a hit at your next outdoor BBQ.
- Jalapeno Lime and Corn Fritters – If you love a hint of spice, you’ll love this corn side dish recipe. Plus, the lime really sets that flavor apart.
- Then try our Instant Pot chicken pot pie soup using canned corn.
- Buttered Corn – Simple, yet perfect for a side dish. You’ll be amazed at how kids will just gobble this recipe up again and again!
- Add a mix of veggies and make Instant Pot vegetables all together in 1 pot.
- Smoked Corn – A great way to cook them if you’re using your grill anyway! Keep them in the husk and throw them right on.
If you’re lucky enough to have your own garden, you can use your own homegrown corn for these recipes. And if not, no worries. The local market literally has everything that you need.
- Our Instant Pot potato corn chowder is probably our favorite dinner ever!! Using fresh corn kernels and diced potatoes it is a dinner that will be asked for again and again.
- We’ve made Instant Pot cornbread too.
- Cheesy Fritters – If you’ve never had corn fritters, you’re missing out. Seriously the perfect side for any occasion.
- Summertime Fresh Kernel Corn Salad – This side dish just screams summer! Light and delicious!
- Jiffy Cornbread Casserole – Have a box of Jiffy mix lying around? Here’s one way to use it up! Some call it corn pudding.
Corn is one of those veggies that can really be added to almost anything. Plus, when the summer months roll around, there’s nothing quite like a good old ear of corn on the cob.
- Sweet Corn Cake – Who says that sweet corn can’t be made even sweeter? These corn cakes are addictive! Served with chicken or pork it’s always a hit!
- Pressure Cooker Vegetarian Corn Chowder – While this is a chowder, it’s still a great recipe to use for any time of the year. Simple, delicious, light and filling!
- Instant Pot Creamed Corn – Add a fun little pop of spice to your corn with this simple Instant Pot side dish recipe. Want to make it spicy? Add in some heat with Sriracha. A smooth dish with cream cheese, OH YES!
Crock Pot Creamy Fiesta Bacon Corn – Any type of creamy corn is always a good idea! The taste and flavors of this recipe are really, really good!
- Slow cooker corn on the cob is a great option if that’s your favorite method of cooking.
- Easy Black Bean Corn Salsa – Great topper for tacos, fish, or serve in a small cast iron skillet for a fun party dip.
- Zucchini Corn and Bean Salad – Corn and zucchini go together like peanut butter and jelly. Seriously, it’s just that good.
Make corn a priority on your side dishes and give these awesome recipes a try. Your family and friends will love the variety and taste and you’ll love getting and receiving all the credit!