Easy fruit salad recipe that’s super creamy and easy to make.. The perfect BBQ side dish or a light fruit dessert idea that everyone will love!
Whether it’s summertime and you’re going to BBQ, or you’re looking for a refreshing side dish this creamy easy fruit salad is fantastic! You can use any fresh or canned fruits you like. I use what’s on sale, and everyone loves it. (originally published 10/16)
We live where are lots of strawberry farms and farmers markets. When the fruit is inexpensive and beautiful it is a perfect time to make an easy fruit salad. It’s not only is it a great side dish you can call it “dessert” when you add these 2 ingredients to make a creamy fruit salad!
So first off this fruit salad recipe is very versatile. I typically use whatever fruits I find that are in season, look the best, and are the least expensive.
This time the blueberries and strawberries were buy one get one free so I focused on those and grabbed a can of mandarin oranges in light syrup to add as well.
The creamy mixture is just two ingredients, light or fat free sour cream and whipped topping…that’s it!!
It brings a creaminess to this easy fruit salad recipe and a bit of sweetness too.
I have added tiny marshmallows at times and called it ambrosia too.
Easy fruit salad
- Diced fruit
- Sour cream
- Whipped topping
If you are looking for more yummy side dishes you should try our
- This simple potato salad is great but our bacon pasta salad is loaded up big time.
- You should try our air fryer broccoli or air fryer cauliflower are healthy choices.
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Easy fruit salad
- 1/2 c . sour cream light or fat free is fine
- 1/2 tub whipped topping light is fine, 12 oz.
- 1 pkg. strawberries
- 1 pkg. fresh blueberries
- 1 can mandarin oranges drained
- Dice your strawberries, add your blueberries, and add mandarin oranges after draining the can. Mix together your sour cream and whipped topping and then gently fold it into your fruit mixture. Add mini marshmallows too if you desire! Chill in the fridge for an hour or so, keeps well for the next day too.
This is a creamy easy fruit salad recipe that can be called dessert too. 😉