Air fryer cauliflower is easy to make in your Ninja Foodi or other machine. Healthy and full of flavor it’s a great vegetable side dish or snack.
Do you have an air fryer machine? We got ours recently and are obsessed with this air fryer cauliflower recipe amongst other dinner ideas. It’s the best way to make healthy gluten free side dishes with no oil required, but still tons of flavor!
Let’s start off with a few helpful resources for you
- This is the Ninja Cooking system we got
- You can grab a free recipe book too here. ?
- Pick up MY cookbook too!
- Join my Foodi Facebook group and/or LIKE our easy air fryer recipes page to get new ideas for meals and snack ideas daily!
- Learn how to air fry everything here, believe me you’re going to become obsessed!
Then let’s talk about what good is cauliflower anyway??
A head of cauliflower is a vegetable that is naturally high in fiber and vitamin B. It provides antioxidants that can protect against cancer which is great.
- The fiber enhances weight loss and healthy digestion. It contains choline as well which is essential for learning and memory, as well as other important nutrients.
This is just one of our easy Ninja Foodi recipes, but you can use any brand to make this!
SO, can you lose weight eating cauliflower then?
It does have several properties that may help with your weight loss journey but on it’s own wouldn’t be a complete diet. Very low in calories with only 25 calories per cup, you can eat a lot of it without gaining weight.
- As a good source of fiber, cauliflower slows digestion and promotes feelings of fullness as well.
- This means it will make you feels satiated without having to eat a bunch of it.
If you’re new to this whole new world you might ask what can you cook in an air fryer?
The answer is, just about everything!!
- You’ll find a lot of easy air fryer dinner recipes here
- Then you should go a step further with air fryer cauliflower, air fryer corn, and air fryer zucchini chips recipes for healthy sides.
- They’re definitely healthy snacks for kids that are full of flavor. You might be surprised to find out they actually like veggies. AHHHHhhhh!
You’ll need to use your hands for this one to make sure the olive oil and seasonings are well distributed.
Can you air fry frozen vegetables?
I prefer fresh for sure but yes, you can. Just:
- Use higher heat so they don’t have a chance to get soggy.
- Choose olive oil spray as opposed to bottled because it will stick better. Then season accordingly.
- Head of cauliflower
- Olive oil
- avocado oil is a good alternative too
- Old Bay seasoning
- Garlic salt
- Minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
Tip for making air fryer vegetables: Gently shake or use a wooden spoon to flip pieces over every 5 minutes or so. This will give all sides and areas to get nice and crispy.
Steps to follow
- Cut head into bite size cauliflower florets. Equal sizes is helpful to cook evenly.
- Preheat and set air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Put them in a mixing bowl and rub olive oil on all pieces.
- Sprinkle seasoning and mix. Using your hands is helpful so it’s evenly distributed.
- Put half in your air fryer basket making sure they don’t overlap.
- Set for 15 minutes and shake/toss or shake the basket every 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower left and follow same steps, then Enjoy!
Entire process and cook time will take 30 minutes to make an entire head of salt and pepper roasted cauliflower.
If you don’t have an air fryer you can make oven roasted buffalo baked cauliflower.
Wondering are air fryers good for you?
Compared to deep frying, using an air fryer reduces the amount of fat and calories in your food. So, I’d say a resounding YES to this question. This is a way to get the same crunchy crispiness to all foods with NO oil required. It’s been a game changer for us.
Looking for more cauliflower recipes?
- Cheesy Instant Pot cauliflower is keto friendly and amazing.
- This Instant Pot whole cauliflower, and Pressure cooker cauliflower mash are great low carb side dishes.
- Instant Pot cauliflower soup is cheesy and great too.
- Steaming a head with just some butter, salt and pepper is a simple and easy option everyone can do.
Next we will be sharing how to to make air fryer whole cauliflower so stay tuned. Sign up for my free newsletter here so you’ll get this and more emailed to you!
Want other healthy vegetarian air fryer recipes?
Air fryer baked potatoes are always a good option.
You can top these with:
Then throw in a batch of brussel sprouts in the air fryer for a healthy snack or side dish.
SO, if you were wondering what can I do with an air fryer we’ve answered that!
Just about everything!!
Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. Cut cauliflower into bite size florets and put into a bowl. Pour 1.5 tbsp of olive oil on top and mix/rub on with hands, then pour on remaining oil and continue to rub it on every piece so they're lightly coated.
- Sprinkle on all seasonings and again mix/massage the florets gently with your fingers so every piece is coated.
- You're air fryer should have preheated for at least 5 minutes at this time. Put half your cauliflower into your air fryer basket, so they're not overlapping and set time for 15 minutes.
- Every 5 minutes lift the lid and use a wooden spoon to flip pieces gently so the other side can crisp up as well.
- After 15 minutes is up and you've flipped them twice serve as is or with some dipping sauces!