Instant Pot cauliflower soup is a creamy and delicious low carb meal our whole family loves! Easy to throw together keto soup you’ll make again and again.
Looking for more easy Instant Pot recipes? This Instant Pot cauliflower soup recipe might hit the spot right about now! Made with vegetables, potatoes and broth it is a creamy soup that can be vegetarian or flavored with bacon bits if you wanted. If it’s a bit chilly outside and you’re ready for a bowl of ultimate comfort food, this will hit the spot. It’s absolutely delicious. (affiliate links present)
- Yes you can make this even if you have a Mealthy, Crockpot Express or a Ninja Foodi. Any pressure cooker will do.
Just use our basic recipe below and add as many add ins as you like. That’s why we love pressure cooker soups, they’re customizable and everyone in the family is sure to love this one.
Here are the main steps to take when making this Instant Pot cauliflower soup with potatoes.
First you’ll want to prepare your main veggie. As with any head of cauliflower you’ll want to remove the leaves and cut down the end where it was attached to the plant. We have no use for that…but it’s great for your compost bin.
- As for the potatoes you can use any type you prefer. We used russet here but every one comes with a different flavor and texture. Red would work well too, they will just be a bit firmer.
Broth comes down to preference too. Any of the 3 would be fine but we used chicken broth. If making vegetarian cauliflower soup you could substitute this for vegetable broth or water.
Stock or broth will have a lot more flavor though so I recommend using that. I feel like you could make this gluten free easily too.
Since we’re using a pressure cooker this will only take 5 minutes to cook! Of course it takes a few minutes to pressurize but once it does your dinner will be done in no time. The heavy cream and sour cream will go in after that step. You don’t want to add those in at the very beginning or else there’s a chance of it curdling. We don’t want that!
Ingredients needed for pressure cooker cauliflower soup
- Head of cauliflower
- Heavy cream
- Sour cream
- Broth or water
- sharp cheddar cheese is great
- green onion optional
- Chiles, canned
- Seasonings, salt and pepper
- Cornstarch for thickening
If you want puree the soup you can use an immersion blender but I don’t bother myself with that step. Just depends on what your desired consistency is.
We’ve also made a whole pressure cooker cauliflower and Instant Pot cauliflower mash which has been a hit too. If I can find purple or orange colored that turns out fun. You could use different colors in this soup if you wanted. There isn’t a change in flavor at all.
- Total time to make this is under 30 minutes which is a major win. It’s like a thick and creamy potato soup with the addition of cauliflower. It really is quite yummy.
If you wanted to really jazz it up you could add some bacon bits or better yet saute some diced bacon in your pot first with olive oil. Don’t drain the bacon fat, leave that in there for added flavor!! OH YUM.
If you wanted to make this on the stove top it wouldn’t be much different.
- You’d just want to add your initial ingredients on low/medium heat until the potatoes got quite tender.
- Then add the sour cream and heavy cream mixture in step 3 and stir so it thickens.
- Then serve!
Served with our garlic pull apart bread it’s the perfect dinner!
Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup
- 2 c cauliflower chopped into small pieces
- 10 large potatoes russet, peeled, diced into small pieces
- 1 onion diced
- 4 c chicken broth could use vegetable broth
- 4 tbsp butter ulsalted
- 3 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/3 c sour cream
- 1 c heavy cream
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cans chiles hatch chiles are best, diced
- 1 c cheese shredded
- Add your diced potatoes, cauliflower, onions, broth, seasonings and butter into your Instant Pot.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Do a quick release. In a small bowl whisk together the heavy cream, sour cream and cornstarch until smooth.
- Pour this into your soup, press the saute button.
- Allow to bubble and thicken the soup. Add your cans of chiles and cheese now.
- Stir until well blended and thickens to your liking. Turn pot off/cancel. Serve! If you desire a smoother soup use an emersion blender to blend and smooth soup more.