This breakfast quiche recipe with cheese, bell peppers and spinach turns out great for brunch or dinner too. Easy and quick to throw together.
Looking for a vegetarian easy breakfast quiche recipe? This is a great one, we will share a second choice below too. Perfect for Mother’s Day, Christmas or just for the weekend with your family. (affiliate links present)
Simple Quiche Recipe
We started years ago with this easy spinach quiche. My mom made this for years. I usually add bacon and cheese or leftover ham into it too if I have it, you could make it vegetarian too.
Sometimes you want a variation though and so this was created, with yummy bell peppers! Makes it quite pretty and they’re great served together too if you have a larger group coming over.
Egg Quiche Recipe
Of course the base to any variety is this one ingredient. We have a bunch since we have a chicken coop at our house. Let me tell you that fresh is SO much better than store bought. Second to that would be organic, free range.
- I always use refrigerated pie crust but I suppose you could buy this boxed mix to make your own crust if you insist.
- or go without like we did with our crustless broccoli quiche
- Cheese could be mozzarella or traditionally Swiss is used.
- Heavy cream
- Fresh spinach
- Peppers of many colors makes it pretty but your favorite color could just be used.
- if you want them roasted before adding them you can make air fryer bell peppers at the beginning
- Red onions give it a bit more texture and flavor.
Salt and pepper were all the seasonings added. Feel free to include others as well as diced green onions too.
Just one bowl is necessary to mix it all up together. Dice veggies up small or larger depending on how soft you want them to become while baking.
Bell Pepper Quiche
Time needed: 42 minutes.
Preheat oven to 325 F. Unroll your crust inside the pie plate so it fits inside well, crimp the edges at the top if it is a bit big.
Whisk room temperature eggs and milk, then add salt and pepper in your bowl. Add ham and cheese (if you want meat), spinach, onion and half the peppers. Fold together.
Pour egg mixture into pie crust and sprinkle remaining diced bell peppers on the top.
Now bake this for 15 minutes at 325 F. degrees. Then increase temperature to 350 F and continue baking for another 27 minutes.
Remove from oven once toothpick comes out clean in the center with no wet egg remaining. Once baked cool for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
If you want to make a few dishes, use your other machine so they can all cook at the same time. Find another win on our air fryer breakfast roundup here like muffins or bagel bites.
What is the difference between quiche and egg bake?
The latter is more of a casserole form made in a larger dish vs. in a pie plate. This is served similar to a pizza or pie in 8 pieces with larger pieces of vegetables and/or meat inside.
Leave it inside the pan so it doesn’t fall apart. Then wrap it in saran wrap and slide it into a gallon freezer bag. Remove one piece at a time when you want to reheat it. Eat within 3-4 days.
Serve for lunch or dinner with a side of pull apart bread or baked puff pastry. We have made crustless quiche before too. That is great if you don’t want to bake the crust or looking for a low carb dish.
How do you reheat leftover quiche?
Remove one piece at a time. Allow it to come to room temperature for best results. Place on microwave safe plate and heat in 30 second intervals until middle is warmed.
What should you put in a quiche?
There are a large variety of ingredients you can add into the egg mixture. Veggies are most common. you can cook frozen spinach and add that in, which we love. One thing you need to make sure of though is that the meat is precooked and patted dry, free from grease.
- Bacon diced finely is one of my favorite things to add.
- After the holidays you could add bits of turkey or ham.
- Finely chopped broccoli works too.
- Any sort of diced onions of your choice add flavor and texture with little to no calories or fat.
- You can top it with some Instant Pot sausage gravy too if you want to take it over the top
Mini quiche of any kind such as this recipe, quiche lorraine or ham and cheese can be made. These are great served as appetizers and take less than 30 minutes to prep and bake them.
Have more veggies left over? Make these Crockpot stuffed bell peppers for dinner the next night with them. We have made this air fryer frittata too which is similar but a bit lighter.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
- 1 pie crust 9" refrigerated premade
- 1 c heavy cream
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 c mozzarella cheese shredded, or Swiss
- 1/2 c spinach fresh leaves
- 2/3 c bell peppers diced, used yellow and orange
- 1/4 c red onion diced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Unroll and fit your crust inside the pie plate, crimp the edges at the top if it is a bit big.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add cheese, spinach, onion and half the peppers. Fold together.
- Pour egg mixture into pie crust and sprinkle remaining diced bell peppers on the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 325 F, then increase temperature to 350 F and continue baking for another 27 minutes.
- Remove from oven once toothpick comes out clean in the center with no wet egg remaining. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.