Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot white chicken chili salsa verde tastes amazing! A great low carb recipe for everyone in your family! Dump all the ingredients in and it’s a healthy pressure cooker chili packed with flavor.
I’m back with this easy Instant Pot white chicken chili dinner, one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes! I think I have used this pot every night since I got it. Cooking beans, soups and chicken has never been easier. (originally published 3/17, affiliate links present)
Ninja Foodi White Chicken Chili
You can adjust the heat in this for sure. We like more of a mild medium spice level and is reflected as such in the recipe below.
Use any pressure cooker you have at home. If you have a Crockpot Express or Ninja foodi those will work this same way. The instructions and/or timing will not change.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this —–> Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
Instant Pot chicken chili
Tonight I tried this chicken chili I had made in my slow cooker in the past. It only needed 5 minutes to cook and was delicious! We are big chili lovers and my youngest loves anything with chicken so it’s a winner all the way around.
- It is really great recipe that’s low carb and healthy too which I love. Here’s the easy recipe you’ve got to try yourself.
- You can use cubed chicken breasts or boneless skinless thighs. Either one works well.
- I typically just use what I have or what is on sale that day.
To make it even easier this recipe is with canned beans and corn. You can remove kernels from fresh corn on the cob too or take the time to make chili with dry beans but we’re all about simple.
You could also opt to make this with no beans, that’s up to you. It’s dairy free too which is great.
Here are a few questions you might have before you get going on this one:
What is white chili made of?
Unlike traditional Instant Pot chili that is tomato based, this one is creamier. The base is a jar of salsa verde. This gives it a lighter color with some kick for sure.
Add diced chiles, garlic and watch out for a whollop of flavors.
That depends on whom you ask. It does have beans which is typical with both types. BUT if you feel strongly that it isn’t chili unless it has ground beef in it than you probably would say no.
Just whisk 1 Tbsp of cornstarch into 2-3 Tbsp of milk, broth or water. When smooth pour it into your mix that should be bubbling. This would be done using the saute function on a pressure cooker.
On the stovetop, heat on medium heat until bubbly, add in, stir, and cook for a few minutes until it’s as thick as you like. Remember it will thicken as it sits as well.
I don’t even really need to precook the meat which I love because it’s quicker.
White Chicken Chili in the Ninja Foodi
Just 3 minutes on the saute function to warm the outsides just a tad and then throw everything else right in the pot to cook!
If your pot is super sensitive I would remove the chicken after browning and deglaze the pot. Personally I suggest just getting that non stick pot I linked to above, but……
- It takes about 15 minutes to prep and 20 minutes total including pressure cooking in my Instant Pot!!
Super quick cook time, I know! Of course you can add more with a bit of chili powder. But for us the salsa verde offers the perfect amount of spice. Served with a side of rolls and topped with some sour cream it is delicious.
Pressure cooker White Chicken Chili
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- could use diced chicken thighs
- here’s how to use frozen chicken breasts
- if using cooked chicken just add the chicken and skip to step 4
- Chicken stock or chicken broth
- Corn – canned or cut kernels off fresh cobs
- Salsa verde
- Canned white / Northern beans
- if you use dry beans use this timing chart
- Any toppings you like – we like sour cream, cheese and avocado
I would use fresh corn kernels during the summer to give it a bit of added texture and freshness too.
Looking for more Instant Pot soup recipes?
- Instant Pot chicken noodle soup is a great meal even if you aren’t sick.
- 5 ingredient Instant Pot chili uses canned beans too to make things easier. Yes we have made it with dry beans but that takes over an hour and this one is only 10 minutes cook time.
- Our pressure cooker chili mac has kidney beans in it with elbow macaroni. A fun dinner time that kids will ask you for over and over again.
This healthy orange chicken is a favorite and only needs 3 ingredients.
In total this should take 10-15 minutes to cook. It will be faster if you’re using a precooked rotisserie. If so just shred the chicken, add to the pot and start with step 4 with your onions.
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute and add your olive oil, garlic, and onions. Cook down until onions are softened slightly.
- Add cubed chicken and cook for about 3 minutes, just slightly until outsides are no longer pink, with your onions. Turn your Instant Pot off/cancel so it can cool off before turning back on.
- Pour in your salsa verde, broth, chilies, white beans, corn and a pinch of salt.
- Turn your pressure cooker to manual, pressure, high pressure for 5 minutes. Put lid on and close steam valve. When done do a quick release and carefully lift lid.
- Add a small ladle full of chili liquid to a small bowl with cornstarch in it and whisk together until smooth. Add back into pot. (if you want a bit thicker)
- Stir and serve topped with spicy jack cheese, avocado and sour cream!!
For more easy ideas, try our easy Instant Pot chicken recipes. Many you can use leftover shredded meat or fresh. Both options are explained in each one.
Of course you can make this into Ninja Foodi chicken chili as well, or use any other brand like Mealthy or Crockpot Express. Directions below will work for all models.
Directions for white chicken chili in Crockpot are here.
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Instant Pot white chicken chili salsa verde
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- 1 chicken breast cubed, about 2 cups
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 14-16 oz chicken broth use less if you want it thicker
- 1 small can diced chilies
- 1 c canned corn drained
- 1 jar salsa verde 16 oz
- 2 cans white beans
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- salt to taste
- sour cream
- spicy jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 onion diced
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute and add your olive oil, garlic, and onions.
- Cook down until onions are softened slightly.
- Add cubed chicken and cook for about 3 minutes, just slightly, with your onions. Turn your Instant Pot off/cancel so it can cool off before turning back on.
- Add your salsa verde, broth, chilies, white beans, corn and a pinch of salt.
- Turn your Instant Pot or pressure cooker to manual, pressure, high, for 5 minutes.
- Put lid on and close steam valve. When done do a quick release and carefully lift lid.
- Add a small ladle full of chili liquid to a small bowl with cornstarch in it and stir, add back into pot. (if you want a bit thicker)
- Do this again if you want it thicker. Stir and serve topped with spicy jack cheese, avocado and sour cream!!