Easy 5 minute Instant Pot white chicken chili that tastes amazing and is a great recipe for families! Dump all the ingredients in and it’s a healthy pressure cooker chili packed with flavor.
I’m back with this easy Instant Pot white chicken chili dinner, one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes! I think I have used this every night since I got it trying new dishes. Tonight I tried this chicken chili I had made in my slow cooker in the past. It only needed 5 minutes to cook and was delicious! We are big chili lovers and my youngest loves anything with chicken so it’s a winner all the way around. It is really healthy too which I love. Here’s the easy recipe you’ve got to try yourself. (originally published 3/17, affiliate links present)
I love easy Instant Pot dinner recipes I can throw together and this Instant Pot white chicken chili.
- I don’t even have to precook the meat which I love because it’s quicker. It takes under 20 minutes to prep and cook this in my Instant Pot!! Super quick cook time! Of course you can add more with a bit of chili powder. But for us the salsa verde offers the perfect amount of spice. Served with a side of rolls and topped with some sour cream it is delicious.
This is what you need to make this easy pressure cooker White Chicken Chili recipe
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- could use diced chicken thighs
- here’s how to use frozen chicken breasts
- if using cooked chicken just add the chicken and skip to step 4
- Chicken stock or chicken broth
- Salsa verde
- White beans
- if you use dry beans use this timing chart
- Diced chiles – we like mild
- Any toppings you like – we like sour cream, cheese and avocado
I would use fresh corn kernels during the summer to give it a bit of added texture and freshness too.
Looking for more Instant Pot soup recipes?
- Instant Pot chicken noodle soup
- 5 ingredient Instant Pot chili
- Creamy tomato basil soup
- Kid favorite pressure cooker chili mac
In total this should take 10-15 minutes to cook. It will be faster if you’re using a precooked rotisserie. If so just shred the chicken, add to the pot and start with step 4 with your onions.
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- 1 chicken breast cubed, about 2 cups
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 14-16 oz chicken broth use less if you want it thicker
- 1 small can diced chilies
- 1 c canned corn drained
- 1 jar salsa verde 16 oz
- 2 cans white beans
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- salt to taste
- sour cream
- spicy jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 onion diced
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute and add your olive oil, garlic, and onions.
- Cook down until onions are softened slightly.
- Add cubed chicken and cook for about 3 minutes, just slightly, with your onions. Turn your Instant Pot off/cancel so it can cool off before turning back on.
- Add your salsa verde, broth, chilies, white beans, corn and a pinch of salt.
- Turn your Instant Pot or pressure cooker to manual, pressure, high, for 5 minutes.
- Put lid on and close steam valve. When done do a quick release and carefully lift lid.
- Add a small ladle full of chili liquid to a small bowl with cornstarch in it and stir, add back into pot. (if you want a bit thicker)
- Do this again if you want it thicker. Stir and serve topped with spicy jack cheese, avocado and sour cream!!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉