Easy 5 minute Instant Pot white chicken chili that tastes amazing and is my family’s favorite dinner! Dump all the ingredients in and it’s a healthy pressure cooker chili packed with flavor and really cheap to make too!
I’m back with this easy Instant Pot white chicken chili dinner, one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes! I think I have used this every night since I got it trying new dishes and recipes that just sound good, or I’ve made in my crockpot and know it can now get done faster with this awesome pressure cooker. Tonight I tried this white chicken chili I had made in my slow cooker in the past, it only needed 5 minutes to cook, and it was delicious! We are big chili lovers and my youngest loves anything with chicken so it’s a winner all the way around, healthy too which I love. Here’s the easy recipe you’ve got to try yourself. (originally published 3/17)
I love easy dinners I can throw together and this one is easy when all I really have in the fridge are a few chicken breasts.
I don’t even have to precook the meat which I love because it’s quicker, and did I say it only took 5 minutes for this pressure cooker chicken chili to cook in my Instant Pot??!! Super quick and just enough heat for everyone.
Of course you can add more with a bit of chili powder but the salsa verde offers the perfect amount for us. Serve with a side of rolls and top with some sour cream and a slice of avocado and it is delicious.
This is what you need to make this easy Instant Pot White Chicken Chili recipe, and a video showing how we do it
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts – could use diced chicken thighs too
- Chicken broth
- Salsa verde
- White beans
- Diced chiles – we like mild
- Any toppings you like – we like sour cream, cheese and avocado
- Just like that it is another easy Instant Pot recipe that I can throw together during the week…and pretty healthy too!!
I would use fresh corn kernels during the summer to give it a bit of added texture and freshness, but during the winter months canned corn is great too.
Looking for more Instant Pot soup recipes?
- Instant Pot chicken noodle soup
- Instant Pot chili
- Instant Pot tomato basil soup
- Instant Pot chili mac
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- 1 chicken breast cubed, about 2 cups
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 14-16 oz chicken broth use less if you want it thicker
- 1 small can diced chilies
- 1 c canned corn drained
- 1 jar salsa verde 16 oz
- 2 cans white beans
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- salt to taste
- sour cream
- spicy jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 onion diced
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute and add your olive oil, garlic, and onions.
- Cook down until onions are softened slightly.
- Add cubed chicken and cook for about 3 minutes, just slightly, with your onions. Turn your Instant Pot off/cancel so it can cool off before turning back on.
- Add your salsa verde, broth, chilies, white beans, corn and a pinch of salt.
- Turn your Instant Pot or pressure cooker to manual, pressure, high, for 5 minutes.
- Put lid on and close steam valve. When done do a quick release and carefully lift lid.
- Add a small ladle full of chili liquid to a small bowl with cornstarch in it and stir, add back into pot. (if you want a bit thicker)
- Do this again if you want it thicker. Stir and serve topped with spicy jack cheese, avocado and sour cream!!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉