The best Instant Pot chicken noodle soup with chicken breasts recipe takes just 5 minutes to cook! Super healthy pressure cooker soup with only a few fresh ingredients. Add vegetables, and it’s a great comfort food when it is cold outside or you’re not feeling well.
OH yes we love this Instant Pot chicken noodle soup!! No need to be sick to make this soup in your Instant Pot, it is the perfect meal any time of year as far as I am concerned. Really healthy, only requires a few fresh ingredients, and when cooked on high pressure in your pressure cooker it only takes 5 minutes to come out perfect! Just one of many Instant Pot recipes we’ve made and are adding more each and every day. 😉 (originally published 2/17, affiliate links present)
Include as many or as few vegetables as you’d like, serve with a side of rolls and you have the perfect meal, we all love this Instant Pot chicken noodle soup recipe.
- We’ve made crockpot chicken soup many times but with the arrival of my new favorite appliance I knew I could make it much faster in my Instant Pot so I gave it a whirl and it worked perfectly the first time around (that doesn’t always happen when I’m experimenting, lol).
I had celery, carrots, and onions at home so I went with those additions.
I added the 1 container of chicken broth I had but that didn’t look like quite enough. So I used the remainder of vegetable broth I had from my Instant Pot potato corn chowder recipe which came out to about 48 ounces of liquid. A perfect amount for the noodles to absorb a bit of it and still have liquid to drink (or slurp) up.
What kind of chicken is used for soup?
That depends on your preference really, but boneless skinless is necessary.
- I use breasts for this but thighs could be substituted
Here’s what you’ll need
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts (yes you put it in raw).
- You could use diced chicken thighs
- Or remove the chicken from a store bought rotisserie as well if you prefer.
- Egg noodles
- Chicken broth – I use this one
- Olive oil
- Season with salt and pepper
What can I add to my chicken noodle soup for flavor?
- Minced garlic
- Add a bay leaf into the pot with the broth
We are always trying to eat as healthy as possible and I will say that having an Instant Pot has really helped with that!
I can buy lots of fresh produce and brown my meat right inside the pot. It’s a great meal cooks usually in less than 10 minutes. This is ideal for our busy family and this homemade chicken noodle soup is definitely one of our favorites.
- Instant Pot orange chicken
- This Instant Pot chicken and dumplings recipe is very popular
- Try this chicken alfredo pasta too
Want to make chicken soup in the crockpot? We have that too.
This has a very short cook time overall. Just 3 minutes to pressure cook! You just lightly cook the chicken to begin with until it’s no longer pink on the outside. Very quick and easy process. After you add the chicken you’ll add diced veggies so they soften just a bit.
- If you use pre cooked shredded chicken you’ll skip this step of course.
Do a quick release when done and serve immediately for best results.
Here’s a video showing you how we make pressure cooker chicken noodle soup:
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 chicken breasts cubed,, bite size, boneless skinless
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper optional, more or less, to taste
- 2 carrots sliced thin
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 1/4 onion diced
- 48 ounces chicken broth or half chicken and half vegetable broth
- 2 c egg noodles uncooked
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Put Instant Pot on saute low and add olive oil, chicken cut into spoon sized chunks, celery, onions, and carrots.
- Cook for a bit so chicken gets just a bit cooked on outside and veggies soften just slightly.
- Turn IP off and add chicken broth, uncooked noodles, salt, pepper, and spices if desired.
- Put lid on IP, close valve and set to manual, pressure, high for 3 minutes.
- When it beeps move the pressure valve just slightly to release the pressure clowly. Once steam is released carefully lift lid and enjoy!