This chicken soup in the crockpot recipe is the best! If you’re looking for a healthy and easy slow cooker soup this one takes just 10 minutes to prepare and It tastes amazing!! One of our favorite ways to make homemade chicken noodle soup.
I admit I am a bit obsessed with my slow cooker. Give me anything and I will find a way to cook it in there because it makes my life so easy! You’ve got to try this chicken soup in the crockpot I made when my middle daughter wasn’t feeling so hot and since then it has become one of our favorite crockpot meals, especially when it’s chilly outside. It is not only super tasty but it is also a healthy crockpot meal that’s inexpensive to make, triple win for us! Here’s how you make one of our favorite crockpot recipes. Special thanks to Foster Farms for sponsoring this post so we could share this recipe with you. (originally published 10/16)
You shouldn’t only cook chicken soup in the crockpot when you’re not feeling well! We make this all the time.
Comfort food is the best! I love this easy slow cooker chicken soup recipe because you only need a few fresh ingredients and it’s good for you. It only takes about 10 minutes to prep in your slow cooker or even faster in your Instant Pot!
What you need to make this easy chicken soup in the crockpot
- Chicken breasts
- 3 large carrots (I used a few more because organic varieties tend to be a bit smaller)
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 containers of chicken broth (or stock)
- Egg noodles – bagged or this is how to make homemade egg noodles
- You’re ready!
Literally this crockpot soup is so easy to make. Just chop the celery, onions, and carrots into small pieces like these.
- Lay your chicken breasts on the bottom and put your veggies on top. If you strive to make good for you meals at your house and eat organic foods this is a great recipe to try.
You can lightly season it as well with some salt and pepper but honestly I don’t add any salt, the sodium in the broth is plenty and it tastes amazing as is with just these fresh ingredients.
Add your chicken broth and let your crockpot do the work for you all day!
It cooks while you are away and just takes 10 minutes once you get back to gently shred the chicken inside the crockpot (it will literally fall apart after 6 hrs, no need to take it out and cut it). Add your noodles, and a bit of parsley is you desire.
Whether you’re feeling under the weather, or you are looking for an easy crockpot chicken soup recipe to make we hope you enjoy ours and make it again and again!
It’s basically the perfect comfort food cooked all day in your slow cooker (very little effort on your part which is my kinda’ meal)!
This is why I love crockpot chicken noodle soup
- Uses natural ingredients
- You can add tons of seasonal ingredients (load it up)
- Very minimal ingredients required
- It’s quick, with easy steps to follow
- FAST prep time
- All 5 of us love it
- It’s super healthy and full of flavor
Here’s a video showing you how we make slow cooker chicken noodle soup
Here are a few other chicken and crockpot soup recipes too.
- Chicken tortellini soup
- Crockpot chicken enchilada soup
- Creamy Crockpot corn chowder
- Pressure cooker cheesy chicken spaghetti
Chicken Soup in the Crockpot
- Put chicken breasts at bottom of crockpot.
- Cut carrots, celery and onions and put on top.
- Add pinch of salt if desired.
- Pour chicken broth over chicken and vegetables.
- Cook on low for approx. 6-8 hours (will be done in 6).
- About 10 min. before serving gently shred chicken into chunks (will fall apart, no need for cutting),add noodles and parsley if desired .
- Cover and cook until noodles are cooked but still a bit al dente (that's how we like it).
- I honestly don't add any salt, the salt in the stock is plenty and it tastes amazing as is. Serve.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉