Tons of the best Crockpot chicken recipes are here for you to try! All family friendly, easy, cheap, and step by step directions are included for each one.
We’re here to share the best Crock pot chicken recipes today because it’s a busy time of year but we all need to eat right??!! When you work, have kids, and are trying to squeeze in a bit of time for yourself you need all the help you can get. I get it. Here are our easy Crockpot recipes for the week. (affiliate links present, originally published 10/19)
Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
Love easy slow cooker recipes? Us too! I mean there are two of us whom work full time and I love having dinner done and fork tender when we all get home. Especially when it comes to frozen meat in a slow cooker you just can’t get them great any other way.
I whip my favorite one out at least once a week and throw everything in. Dinner is done when everyone’s done with work and their activities!
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! Let’s talk a little bit about slow cooking shall we?? First off I have a few different varieties and I love them all. Each one has an occasion to be used like….
- This is my favorite 6 quart programmable one with a locking lid so it’s great for bringing to a potluck too.
- If you just want to serve a few appetizers you should get this one that sit side by side one another.
- I prefer not to use liners, but rather just spray olive oil inside before adding my food for easier cleanups.
Let me give you a peek of my pretty thang I bought recently. It goes with my kitchen so I can just leave it out on the countertop all the time. 😉
Crockpot Frozen Chicken Recipes
Surprisingly enough it doesn’t really take any longer to cook fresh or defrosted poultry vs. right out of the freezer! Hard to believe but it is true with our slow cooker chicken leg quarters, the whole bird on and on.
Let me guess, you need family friendly meals your picky eaters will enjoy with as little prep as possible. Me too! Start with something super easy with just 2 ingredients like our Crockpot chicken with Italian dressing and you will see what a hit it is with everyone.
You literally can cook anything in this and if you want to crisp skin at the end, just throw it into your air fryer.
- First I am going to share one of our favorite chicken in the Crockpot recipes.
- And show you here how to cook Crockpot frozen chicken. THIS is great for batch cooking! Just cook, shred, package, freeze and use whenever you want.
Best Chicken Recipes for Crock Pot
With just 2 ingredients I would start with our slow cooker bbq chicken thighs recipe and go from there. Add a third with a small can of pineapple for some sweetness.
- Then move on to our Crockpot lemon pepper chicken! FULL of flavor and perfect all on it’s own, or with a side of butter noodles is great.
- For a cheap meal try our Crockpot boneless skinless chicken thighs recipe, or add a dry rub for Crockpot jerk chicken.
Best Crock Pot Chicken Recipes
Next is VERY popular on our site. It’s this Crock pot cheesy chicken and rice recipe. Using cream of chicken soup and chicken thighs, or chicken breasts, you too can make this easy recipe tonight.
- It’s very similar to our pressure cooker chicken and rice, but if you’re in love with your slow cooker we have this version too.
If you have both and want to try some other great Instant Pot chicken recipes have at it!
Recipes for Chicken in the Crockpot
If comfort food is on your list tonight, try this slow cooker chicken and dumplings recipe. I bet you ate this as a child right?? Especially if you lived in the South, but this one is way easier and cooks by itself all day long.
- Crock pot chicken noodles soup is another favorite, and totally gluten free using chicken broth and vegetables. All I can say is slow cooking this is WAY better than popping open a can of it.
- You can make another version with heat like our spicy chicken noodle soup.
- Our Guisado de Pollo can be made this way, low and slow with Puerto Rican flavors you love.
We used boneless skinless breasts with a bottle of spaghetti sauce and bunches of onions and bell peppers. Super simple right?? Served inside Crockpot baked potatoes, small flour tortillas with a bit of cheese or on top of rice, it’s super yummy for sure.
Healthy Chicken Recipes in Crockpot
Love creamy fall apart meat you can throw on a bun and make sliders or sandwiches?? We have a few to choose from here. You can make Crockpot chicken tenderloins with just sauce and your meat which is the easiest ever.
- Try our Crockpot crack chicken!! OH MY is this just amazing. If you love cream cheese shredded chicken this is it!!
- There isn’t anyone who’s ever given it a thumbs down for obvious reasons. In between small sweet Hawaiian rolls is our favorite combo.
- This slow cooker orange chicken recipe was one of our first ones, and still gets smiles. With no breading it is lower in fat than the traditional version but just as good.
- Our Crockpot Hawaiian chicken is yummy too.
- Crockpot chicken taco meat is great inside tortillas
Our Crockpot buffalo chicken sliders are great as a meal or appetizer. Serve on buns or low carb lettuce wraps too. Tender cooked chicken with a short cook time, you can make chicken tacos with tortillas or lettuce wraps like you see here.
Crockpot Chicken Breast Recipes
- This salsa chicken crockpot recipe is a healthy choice too! Super versatile with the amount of veggies you can add into the mix, you can make it simple or load it up.
- Chicken, a jar of salsa, and taco seasoning are really all you need though.
- Crockpot chicken enchilada soup is great too.
- Serve it with some tortilla chips, over rice, or just in a bowl with some shredded cheese on top for the perfect meal.
- Wanna make slow cooker shredded chicken with just pineapple and barbecue sauce?? It is really that simple.
- With our Angel Crockpot Chicken it has pasta folded into the mix after the meat has been shredded, so good.
If you want spicy you can go for our slow cooker Mexican chicken thighs too. Load them into some small tortillas with cheese and avocado for a great lunch.
Leftover Chicken Crockpot Recipes
Did you know you could make a whole chicken in a crockpot? It’s really just so easy, and comes out fall off the bone tender too. I use a few potatoes instead of a trivet so those can be part of the meal and you WILL fight over them. They have so much flavor with the chicken drippings that they come out incredibly yummy.
You can use the leftovers for a second meal the next day too!! We typically shred what is left on day two to make our chicken Slow Cooker enchiladas, and nobody knows it was served to them another way the day before.
How do I keep chicken from drying out in the Crockpot?
If you feel like your poultry is always too dry for your tastes, use chicken thighs in your recipe. They have more fat and won’t dry out as quickly. Cook thighs for about six hours and breasts for a maximum of five hours on low heat. Beef, depending on the cut, is much more forgiving.
Can you freeze chicken noodle soup or other varieties?? Totally and you should, read this article so you can do it properly and enjoy again later.
Simple Crockpot Chicken Recipes
Let’s do a run down on a few other chicken recipes in the Crockpot for you. We’re all about easy so no worries, it will be a breeze to prepare these.
- Slow cooker chicken legs looks good and would be a favorite for kids who only want drumsticks.
- Chicken enchiladas in the slow cooker seems like an amazing meal. We haven’t tried this one yet but have it on the list for this month!
- serve it with some Mexican rice on the side and I think you’d be set.
- General Tsos chicken is my favorite choice when we go out to eat. You can now make it at home with that same sweet and a bit of spice to it.
- I love copycat recipes. It is cheaper and you can always make it a bit healthier at home. Especially if you need gluten free recipes, it’s a great way to take the basics and tweak it to your needs.
Here’s a tip when making the most tender chicken in a slow cooker; cut it into bite size pieces first. Of course if you want it shredded you’ll want to keep them whole but in smaller pieces they absorb more of the sauces and are fall apart delicious.
- You can pretty much exchange chicken thighs for breasts too if you prefer, want a cheaper cut, and/or want really tender meat. I’ve done this many times without issues.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Crockpot Chicken Recipes
- Place chicken, onion and peppers into pot. Sprinkle taco seasoning over the top and then all of your salsa.
- Close lid and cook ideally on low heat for 6-8 hours or until the meat shreds easily with 2 forks. If it requires you to pull then it needs more time. Should be easy to shred and very fork tender.
- Mix contents after shredded and serve inside tortillas or over rice.