Tons of the best Crockpot chicken recipes are here for you to try! All family friendly, easy, cheap, and step by step directions are included for each one.
We’re here to share the best crockpot chicken recipes today because it’s a busy time of year but we all need to eat right??!! When you work, have kids, and are trying to squeeze in a bit of time for yourself you need all the help you can get. I get it. Take a peek at our long list of easy Crockpot recipes and add a few to your meal rotation this week. (affiliate links present)
- Love easy slow cooker recipes? Us too!
- I whip my favorite one out at least once a week and throw everything in. Dinner is done when everyone’s done with work and their activities!
Let me guess, you need family friendly meals your picky eaters will enjoy with as little prep as possible. Me too!
- First I am going to share one of our favorite chicken in the Crockpot recipes. We call it Crockpot sesame chicken and it is just fabulous served over white rice!!
- Then move on to our Crockpot lemon pepper chicken! FULL of flavor and perfect all on it’s own, or with a side of butter noodles is great.
Next is VERY popular on our site. It’s this Crock pot cheesy chicken and rice recipe. Using cream of chicken soup and chicken thighs, or chicken breasts, you too can make this easy recipe tonight.
- It’s very similar to our pressure cooker chicken and rice, but if you’re in love with your slow cooker we have this version too. If you have both and want to try some other great Instant Pot chicken recipes have at it!
If comfort food is on your list tonight, try this slow cooker chicken and dumplings recipe. I bet you ate this as a child right?? Especially if you lived in the South, but this one is way easier and cooks by itself all day long.
- Crock pot chicken noodles soup is another favorite, and totally gluten free using chicken broth and vegetables. All I can say is slow cooking this is WAY better than popping open a can of it.
Need a healthy meal with just a few ingredients, try our Crockpot chicken cacciatore recipe here!
We used boneless skinless breasts with a bottle of spaghetti sauce and bunches of onions and bell peppers. Super simple right??
- Served inside Crockpot baked potatoes, small flour tortillas with a bit of cheese or on top of rice, it’s super yummy for sure.
Love creamy fall apart meat you can throw on a bun and make sliders or sandwiches?? We have a few to choose from here.
- Try our Crockpot crack chicken!! OH MY is this just amazing. If you love cream cheese shredded chicken this is it!!
- There isn’t anyone who’s ever given it a thumbs down for obvious reasons. In between small sweet Hawaiian rolls is our favorite combo.
- This slow cooker orange chicken recipe was one of our first ones, and still gets smiles. With no breading it is lower in fat than the traditional version but just as good.
- Our Crockpot Hawaiian chicken is yummy too.
Our Crockpot buffalo chicken sliders are great as a meal or appetizer. Serve on buns or low carb lettuce wraps too. Tender cooked chicken with a short cook time, you can make chicken tacos with tortillas or lettuce wraps like you see here.
But we’re not done yet!!
- This salsa chicken crockpot recipe is a healthy choice too! Super versatile with the amount of veggies you can add into the mix, you can make it simple or load it up.
- Chicken, a jar of salsa, and taco seasoning are really all you need though.
- Crockpot chicken enchilada soup is great too.
- Serve it with some tortilla chips, over rice, or just in a bowl with some shredded cheese on top for the perfect meal.
- Wanna make slow cooker shredded chicken with just pineapple and barbecue sauce?? It is really that simple.
- Load them into some small tortillas with cheese and avocado for a great lunch.
Did you know you could make a whole chicken in a crockpot?
- It’s really just so easy, and comes out fall off the bone tender too. I use a few potatoes instead of a trivet so those can be part of the meal and you WILL fight over them. They have so much flavor with the chicken drippings that they come out incredibly yummy.
How do I keep chicken from drying out in the Crockpot?
If you feel like your poultry is always too dry for your tastes, use chicken thighs in your recipe. They have more fat and won’t dry out as quickly. Cook thighs for about six hours and breasts for a maximum of five hours on low heat. Beef, depending on the cut, is much more forgiving.
Let’s do a run down on a few other chicken recipes in the Crockpot for you. We’re all about easy so no worries, it will be a breeze to prepare these.
- Slow cooker chicken legs looks good and would be a favorite for kids who only want drumsticks.
- Chicken enchiladas in the slow cooker seems like an amazing meal. We haven’t tried this one yet but have it on the list for this month!
- serve it with some Mexican rice on the side and I think you’d be set.
- General Tsos chicken is my favorite choice when we go out to eat. You can now make it at home with that same sweet and a bit of spice to it.
- I love copycat recipes. It is cheaper and you can always make it a bit healthier at home. Especially if you need gluten free recipes, it’s a great way to take the basics and tweak it to your needs.
Here’s a tip when making the most tender chicken in a slow cooker; cut it into bite size pieces first. Of course if you want it shredded you’ll want to keep them whole but in smaller pieces they absorb more of the sauces and are fall apart delicious.
- You can pretty much exchange chicken thighs for breasts too if you prefer, want a cheaper cut, and/or want really tender meat. I’ve done this many times without issues.