If you are looking for an easy crockpot recipe for chicken enchilada soup we have one you MUST try…it’s fantastic and yummy.
This meal is one I cook often, especially when I am going to be gone all day. I can throw everything in my slow cooker, and it is ready by dinner time with no prep. Here’s the crockpot recipe for chicken enchilada soup that’s one of our favorite crockpot recipes! (originally published 6/13)
This is our favorite meal that is an easy crockpot chicken recipe. If you’re looking for one, this literally cooks all day by itself!!
You only need a few things, it is really quite healthy, and it is so kids even my kids rave about it when it’s served with these garlic rolls.
Let’s talk a little bit about slow cooking shall we?? First off I have a few different varieties and I love them all. Each one has an occasion to be used like….
- This is my favorite 6 quart programmable one with a locking lid so it’s great for bringing to a potluck too.
- If you just want to serve a few appetizers you should get this one that sit side by side one another.
- I prefer not to use liners, but rather just spray olive oil inside before adding my food for easier cleanups.
Let me give you a peek of my pretty thang I bought recently. It goes with my kitchen so I can just leave it out on the countertop all the time. 😉
Here is how you make this easy chicken enchilada soup. I love this soup because you can throw it together in about 5 minutes and it cooks all day by itself.
Grab a loaf of bread, or make my easy beer bread right before it’s done and it is a delicious hearty. Pretty healthy too that all 5 of us love!
Crockpot recipe for chicken enchilada soup
- Chicken broth
- Enchilada sauce comes in a variety of heat levels
- Black beans
Tortilla chips are of course optional but a fun thing to scoop up what’s inside and on the bottom.
Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup
If you like it spicier then choose a hotter enchilada sauce, or if you don’t like it as spicy add mild sauce and add a bit more chicken broth to the mix. It is very versatile that way and a great dish to serve for a potluck too!
I have a video in this post showing you how easy it is to make. Then try our Instant Pot enchiladas and enjoy.
If you’d rather make a thicker version using ground beef try our Crockpot enchilada casserole recipe.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Time needed: 7 hours.
Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup
Lay the chicken breasts on the bottom of the slow cooker. I have used fresh & frozen Crockpot chicken, either work great.
Pour remaining ingredients on top of that (keep cheese/chips out for later).
Turn slow cooker on high for 6 – 8 hours. If you put it in first thing in the morning & don’t eat ’til 5 or 6 leave it on low all day.
If on low I cut chicken into smaller pieces, or at least cut breasts in half.
About 30 min. before eating take chicken out and shred / cut into smaller pieces & put back in crockpot to soak up juices.
Garnish with spicy jack cheese on top & tortilla strips if desired.
Great hearty & healthy meal that cooks on it’s own, my favorite!
If you’re looking for another winner, try our 5 ingredient crockpot chili recipe….my most popular PIN ever!!
Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe
- Add all items to the slow cooker. You can use frozen chicken breasts too if that is all you have.
- Turn your crockpot to low and cook all day or at least for 6 hours (until chicken is cooked thru). If you don’t have all day you can turn it on high and cook for about 4-5 hours, just make chicken pcs. smaller and not the whole breast so it cooks thru in time.
- Shred chicken about 30 min. before eating so it soaks up juices and serve with tortilla chips and add spicy jack cheese on top, or search beer bread on my blog and make that!