If you are looking for an easy crockpot recipe for chicken enchilada soup we have one you MUST try…it’s fantastic and yummy.
This is our favorite meal that is an easy crockpot chicken recipe if you’re looking for one….literally cooks all day by itself!! You only need a few things, it is really quite healthy, and it is so kids even my kids rave about it when I make this easy recipe. It is one I cook often and especially when I am going to be gone all day because I can throw everything in my slow cooker (even frozen chicken), and it is ready by dinner time with no prep. Here’s the crockpot recipe for chicken enchilada soup that’s one of our favorite crockpot recipes! (originally published 6/13)
Here is how you make this easy chicken enchilada soup. I love this soup because you can throw it together in about 5 minutes and it cooks all day by itself.
Grab a loaf of bread, or make my easy beer bread right before it’s done and it is a delicious hearty (and pretty healthy) meal that all 5 of us love!
Crockpot recipe for chicken enchilada soup
- Chicken broth
- Enchilada sauce
- Black beans
- Tortilla chips
- Lay the chicken breasts on the bottom of the slow cooker (I have used fresh & frozen boneless breasts & either work great).
- Pour remaining ingredients on top of that (keep cheese/chips out for later).
- Turn slow cooker on high for 6-8 hrs., or if you put it in first thing in the morning & don’t eat ’til 5 or 6 leave it on low all day (make chicken smaller pieces if on low, cut breasts in half).
- About 30 min. before eating take chicken out and shred/cut into smaller pieces & put back in crockpot to soak up juices.
- Garnish with spicy jack cheese on top & tortilla strips if desired.
- Great hearty & healthy meal that cooks on it’s own, my favorite!!!
Here’s a video showing you how easy this slow cooker chicken enchilada soup is to make. Then try our Instant Pot enchiladas and enjoy.
Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe
- Add all items to the slow cooker. You can use frozen chicken breasts too if that is all you have.
- Turn your crockpot to low and cook all day or at least for 6 hours (until chicken is cooked thru). If you don't have all day you can turn it on high and cook for about 4-5 hours, just make chicken pcs. smaller and not the whole breast so it cooks thru in time.
- Shred chicken about 30 min. before eating so it soaks up juices and serve with tortilla chips and add spicy jack cheese on top, or search beer bread on my blog and make that!
If you like it spicier then choose a hotter enchilada sauce, or if you don’t like it as spicy add mild sauce and add a bit more chicken broth to the mix. It is very versatile that way and a great dish to serve for a potluck too!
If you’re looking for more easy recipes here’s one for my crockpot chili recipe….my most popular PIN ever!!