Best fluffy air fryer garlic bread you can make with Rhodes frozen rolls! In just 8 minutes cook time, you too can make this easy side dish or snack.
These semi homemade air fryer garlic bread rolls are fantastic! Don’t just trust me though, my husband said he could’ve eaten the whole plate full if I had turned my back. Just another favorite easy air fryer recipe on the blog. Sponsored by Rhodes. (affiliate links present)
Garlic Bread in Air Fryer
This frozen bread dough recipe is super easy, and WAY better than store bought garlic rolls. All you need are 3 main items too. Add garlic salt and basil if you like, we did.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
Once you start you can’t stop creating “all the things” with them. This is one of our favorite quick and easy side dishes though.
Rhodes Frozen Rolls
This is what you’re going to need to get started. I made them in two different pans so I could give you the cook time on both as well.
- Use either this 7″ springform bundt pan (comes out prettier) or a regular 7″ springform pan (this will fit 1 additional roll)
- Rhodes frozen yeast dinner rolls (7-8 of them per batch)
- Melted butter
- Minced garlic
- Garlic salt and a bit of basil I used on top
To start with you’ll need to set them inside the pan that has been sprayed with non stick spray to rise.
Timing of this depends on how warm your home is. We live in a very snowy area, at altitude, so it takes the full 5 hours to double in size. It may only take 3 hours for you.
Once they’re done with this step you can see the difference from rock hard frozen dinner rolls (above), to risen and doubled below.
Just do this first thing in the morning. I often set the pan inside my microwave oven so they’re out of the way. Setting my oven timer for 3 hours, then I check to see if they’re ready for step 2.
To keep them nice and moist along the way I brush melted butter on right before “baking”, in the middle of the cooking time, and right before serving them too.
Here are a few questions you might have before you start preparing them, if you have others let me know in the comments below:
Of course. If you just want toast just pop slices in for 3 minutes at 400 F. To make homemade air fryer bread it will take a bit longer but is so worth it, toasted perfectly on top and delicious.
These air fryer rolls turn out fantastic in just 8 short minutes of cook time.
Our method requires you to first thaw the dough, allow it to rise, and then put garlic and seasonings on top of your dough balls.
Heat your oven to 175. Once it reaches that temperature, turn it off. Set frozen rolls inside pan and place inside oven.
Check after 1 hour to see if they’ve doubled in size.
Can I let Rhodes Rolls Rise Overnight?
If you’re trying to prep ahead of time you could. Put into sprayed pan and cover with plastic wrap. Place into fridge and remove about an hour before you want to cook them so they are doubled and room temperature.
This is what ours looked like when we began to cook them. You don’t want to add more than 7 to this bundt pan, or 8 into the one without the middle piece.
I kinda’ like this style because it comes out really pretty, almost like a wreath. You can place it on a small plate with a tiny dipping sauce dish in the center. Fill with spaghetti sauce for dipping and OH MY are they good.
If you really want 8 instead of 7 though, then use the style without the bundt feature in the center.
Here are some quick step by step directions. We have a printable recipe card at the bottom of this post though if you’d like to keep it on hand.
Air Fryer Rolls
Time needed: 8 minutes.
Air Fryer Garlic Bread
Spray inside of 7″ springform bundt pan with non stick spray. Put 7 Rhodes frozen rolls inside spread out evenly between each one.
* If you use a 7″ springform pan without the bundt insert, add 8 rolls with 1 in the middle. Follow same instructions but cook for 9 minutes total.
Place in a warm area of the kitchen for 3-5 hours or until they double in size.
Preheat air fryer to 330 degrees F for 5 minutes. Melt 1 tbsp butter + minced garlic in a small dish.
Brush garlic butter on top of defrosted rolls in pan, then sprinkle on garlic salt and basil on the top of them. Put pan into air fryer basket and close.
Air fry for 8 minutes total. Melt 1 more tbsp of butter. Open drawer at minute 4 and brush half of this melted butter on top, close drawer and cook for remaining 4 minutes.
If you want tops to be a deeper brown, cook for 1 more minute.
Use an oven mitt to remove pan from basket and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Unlock side of springform pan and lift out middle.
Carefully slide ring of rolls off and on to a plate. Brush on remaining melted butter on top and serve.
THIS is what they look like when done, delish!
Once you’ve enjoyed these and are ready for another more ideas, we have a few more like air fryer biscuits and others here:
Rhodes Rolls Recipes
- Try some smoked monkey bread a great Rhodes cinnamon rolls recipe.
- Using their bread loaves, you can make a smoked pizza roll up too.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Spray inside of 7" springform bundt pan with non stick spray. Put 7 Rhodes frozen rolls inside spread out evenly between each one. * If you use a 7" springform pan without the bundt insert, add 8 rolls with 1 in the middle. Follow same instructions but cook for 9 minutes total.
- Place in a warm area of the kitchen for 3-5 hours or until they double in size.
- Preheat air fryer to 330 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter + minced garlic in a small dish.
- Brush garlic butter on top of defrosted rolls in pan, then sprinkle on garlic salt and basil on the top of them. Put pan into air fryer basket and close.
- Cook for 8 minutes total. Melt 1 more tbsp of butter. Open drawer at minute 4 and brush half of this melted butter on top, close drawer and cook for remaining 4 minutes.
- If you want tops to be a deeper brown, cook for 1 more minute.
- Use an oven mitt to remove pan from basket and allow to sit for 10 minutes in the pan to continue stiffening up. Unlock side of springform pan and lift out middle. Carefully slide ring of rolls off and on to a plate.
- Brush on remaining melted butter on top and serve.