This Rhodes cinnamon rolls recipe with apple pie filling on your smoker or in your oven is amazing! For breakfast or dessert you’ve got to try this treat!
Now you can make an easy Rhodes cinnamon rolls recipe in your smoker or oven! Love cooking meat and veggie smoker recipes but looking for something sweet at the end of your meal? Try this! Sponsored by Rhodes, we thank them for this collaboration opportunity. (originally published 8/20, affiliate links present)
Rhodes Cinnamon Rolls
OH MY I wish you could smell through this screen right now. I made this and I couldn’t take pictures fast enough before my husband and kids dug in!
It was gone in no time, the little I did get was fabulous! Just one of many easy frozen bread dough recipes we’ve shared lately. We made it in our Traeger first and then in our oven. I’ll share instructions for how to do both in the printable recipe card below.
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything!
To get your meats absolutely perfect we have this printable meat smoking chart to refer to so each and every time it will be fork tender.
- Recently we upgraded to this Traeger pellet smoker and grill and love it.
- We started with an electric smoker that was a Charbroil which worked well to start with.
- These are the pellets we always have on hand and use for almost everything.
- This smoker cookbook has some more great ideas if you want to cook outside more regularly.
Especially during the summertime, we love cooking outside! If we can smoke salmon, vegetables AND dessert together I am thrilled. NO heating up the house when it’s hot and a much easier cleanup at the end too. 😉
Rhodes rolls recipe cinnamon rolls
You only really need 2 ingredients to make this cinnamon roll casserole:
- Frozen Rhodes Bake N Serv cinnamon rolls
- Can of apple pie filling
- you could use any flavor you like
- cherry, peach or blueberry would be great too
- chopped nuts or raisins in between the layers or on top would be good too
I thought I’d need to melt a tub of frosting to add to the top but I realize that they included that in this bag! Super helpful when you want everything in one place, it was really tasty too.
Of course you can make homemade pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls, but this is faster. Here are a few questions you might have to begin with.
How do you quick rise Rhodes cinnamon rolls?
For this recipe you only need to leave them out for 45 min to an hour max. But if you’re making them traditionally you can preheat your oven to 175 F, turn oven off.
Then set rolls inside in a pan for 1-1 1/2 hours or until they double in size.
Now you can with the Rhodes AnyTime variety. You buy these ready in a disposable pan, bake frozen, and then serve.
The bagged version you see here is meant to rise, or at least defrost for an hour and cut to make monkey bread and other types of easy dessert recipes.
Rhodes rank #1 overall, that is why we use them for all sorts of different things. After you make this breakfast casserole, give our air fryer donut holes too.
This is what they look like after about an hour on the countertop. You just need to thaw them enough where you can slice them into fourths. 1 hour seems to be perfect for us.
Here are quick instructions but there is a printable detailed recipe card at the bottom of this post too.
Rhodes Cinnamon Roll Casserole
Time needed: 1 hour.
Rhodes cinnamon rolls recipe
Take out 6 frozen rolls bread dough and allow to thaw out for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Preheat smoker to 350 degrees.
Spray an 8×8 aluminum baking pan with non stick cooking spray and spread pie filling on the bottom. Cut each semi thawed frozen dough piece / roll into 4 equal pieces.
Place them on top spread out evenly.
Cover loosely with foil that has been sprayed underneath with non stick spray. Put on preheated smoker grates and cook for 40 minutes.
Then remove foil and continue cooking for 20 minutes to brown top and finish cooking rolls.
Take off, allow to rest for 10-15 minutes, drizzle packet of icing (in Rhodes bag) on top and serve.
The package comes with 2 pouches full of frosting that will thaw out by the time your dessert is done. Just snip off the end and drizzle it on top so it melts all over. You add some chopped nuts on top too.
Frozen Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
If you have a much larger crowd you could use the whole bag of 12 rolls. You would need to use a 9×13″ pan instead of this one so the frozen bread pieces can spread and rise properly.
- For a smaller batch, try our air fryer monkey bread.
- To make Rhodes monkey bread in the oven we have directions for that too.
If you love cream cheese frosting, use that too. Just grab a tub of frosting from the store, melt for 30 seconds in the microwave and pour that on top.
A sprinkle of powdered sugar or drizzled with butter with sugar and cinnamon sprinkled on top are good options too. I sometimes will add some chopped walnuts in between the layers and/or on top.
Should I refrigerate cooked cinnamon rolls?
You can keep them in the same pan you baked them in at room temperature for a few days. Just cover with plastic wrap or tin foil. Yes you can store overnight in the refrigerator until the next day but they’ll dry out a bit.
How do you reheat cinnamon rolls with icing?
Just before serving, tent lightly with foil. Put into a preheated oven set to 350 degrees F. Heat for about 10 minutes. To add a bit of moisture you can drizzle some melted butter and cinnamon + brown sugar sprinkle on the top before heating.
Recipes using frozen dough
Looking for more smoker recipes similar to this one? We made cheesy garlic smoked bread that was amazing! Use their regular, not sweet, frozen rolls we made this and air fryer garlic bread and Easter egg bread.
We also used these same cinnamon rolls, defrosted slightly, to make our monkey bread in a smoker too!! Complete with some pumpkin, it’s an ooey gooey sweet treat that doesn’t take long to make at all.
Can you let Rhodes rolls rise overnight?
You can thaw overnight but I have done it both ways and think it’s best to do the same day. If you’re trying to prep ahead of time place 6 in an 8×8 pan or 12 in a 9×13 pan and cover with plastic wrap.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
- Put into the fridge overnight.
- If they haven’t doubled in size when you take them out allow them to sit on the counter for an hour or so until they do.
- Then preheat oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
Printable recipe below can be made in your smoker or oven, both would follow the same temperature. For the timing in the oven just follow the temp and timing on the back of the bag.
Rhodes Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 6 cinnamon rolls frozen, thawed for an hour, Rhodes rolls
- 21 oz pie filling we used apple
- Preheat smoker to 350 degrees.
- Take out 6 frozen Rhodes cinnamon rolls and allow to thaw out for 1 hour.
- Spray an 8×8 aluminum pan with non stick spray and spread pie filling on the bottom.
- Cut each cinn. roll into 4 equal pieces and place them on top spread out evenly.
- Cover loosely with foil that has been sprayed underneath with non stick spray.
- Put on preheated smoker grates and cook for 40 minutes.
- Then remove foil and continue cooking for 20 minutes to brown top and finish cooking rolls.
- Take off, allow to rest for 10-15 minutes, drizzle packet of icing (in Rhodes bag) on top and serve.
- * For oven follow same first 5 directions above. Bake in oven at 350 for 20 minutes then remove foil and bake 5-10 minutes or until rolls are browned on top and no longer sticky. Then drizzle on frosting and serve.
Monday 8th of August 2022
These taste just like homemade! Thank you for the great instructions!
The Typical Mom
Wednesday 10th of August 2022
So good right??
Monday 8th of August 2022
Just like the real deal! So soft and great flavor every time.
Wednesday 21st of July 2021
Please explain how you made it with pumpkin. Thanks in advance.
sallie s capps
Monday 31st of August 2020
The recipe for oven cooking was not very clear as far as cooking time and foil. The one for smoker seems way too long for oven cooking. Could you clear this up, I can't wait to try them. Sallie Caoos
The Typical Mom
Tuesday 1st of September 2020
Rephrased so hope that helps